New MyHeritage update (groups)

For someone is indicated only a regions under the genetic groups. Instead, in the case of Bari is indicated ""italians in Bari Apulia and someone of their descendents in United States",so it's possible that in their genealogies there are some British ancestors.
I don't know well. It's only an hypothesis. I could be wrong.

OK, thanks,
... and now I can see your image too,
... showing the same genetic group code as mine :)

I am British

irlanda1600dos.jpeg

IrlandaIrlandesesEtniascomunes.jpeg

IrlandaIrlandeses1800MapaGrande.jpeg

IrlandaIrlandesesAzerbayy%25C3%25A1n1800.jpeg

IrlandaEuropa.jpeg

I don't know if it's related to the other maps of Flevoland since I don't see colored Spain in any time either.

In the more modern era, Italy and even Azerbaijan appeared, as mentioned above, perhaps due to the mixing of Italian and Irish marriages in the United States.

In Mexico it also appears, I had heard that a small number of French emigrated to Mexico.

@Jovialis
@Christa

Top Places 1700 - 1750 / Confidence Level: High

8JpqkPq.jpg

I had forgotten Google Earth but I saw a guy playing with this application and I thought about mixing coordinates related to my results and this is what happened based on and having as only objective my dna Y

I mixed the coordinates of my dna Y (ESP-MA) with those of my partner's origin in Y full Overijssen

provinciajijel.jpeg

Where-is-Jijel-Located-What-Country-is-Jijel-in-Jijel-Map-800x348.jpg

I obtained the region of Jijel in Algeria.

Towards the 10th century a. C., the Phoenicians, sailors and merchants, settled in the area in search of bases where to guarantee the security of their trade. In the first century B.C. it was the Romans who invaded the place. It was elevated to the rank of Roman Colony in the year 33 by Caesar Augustus, being administered by a senator.

With the arrival of the Germanic peoples, the Vandals crossed Spain and travelled through North Africa. They destroyed Igilgili in the year 429.

From here I mix the coordinates of Jijel with some of Spain, I think I used Gerona. From here I mix the coordinates of Jijel with some of Spain, I think I used Gerona, I tried some other and the result was the same, the sea

Jijel2.jpeg

jijel2a.jpeg

It coincides with this result where it ends up in the sea

Mapemiouncertain.jpeg

I remember the saying that All roads lead to Rome, so mix those coordinates with those of Rome

Roma2.jpeg

It's funny that mound with that little forest planted there, in my land trees are planted in those areas when there are stones underneath to prevent the harvesting machines from colliding with the stones underneath. Maybe there's Nero's body down there or something...

Roma.jpeg

If you look very closely, there is the tomb of Nero, so I give myself a margin of 100 years from the death of Nero and I get these results

MapePostNer%25C3%25B3n.jpeg

MapePostNer%25C3%25B3n2.jpeg

MapePostNer%25C3%25B3n3.jpeg

Now I mix the coordinates of Rome with Listrim one of my results in MyHeritage

dinamarca.jpeg

mapeVikingAge.jpeg

This oracle has really surprised me

@Jovialis
@Christa

Top Places 1700 - 1750 / Confidence Level: High

8JpqkPq.jpg

... I speculate that in the 1750s some of my relatives must have been the Mayor of Altamura :grin:

XI2LFiQ.jpg

... interesting: one of the ancient names of Altamura is Lupatia, ... Lecce was Lupiae :)

Last edited:
Do you have ancestors of Altamura?

none that I’m aware of, ... but it showed up in my genetic group, ... so I mentioned it, just so you two guys would know :)

... meno male che mi hanno dato anche il gruppo genetico di Lecce, ... altrimenti sarebbe stata una tragedia per un Salentino come me, ... lol

ylhgzOz.png

This is mine.

That’s great Jovialis :)

... I've been assigned the Bari and Chieti (Abruzzo) confidence level higher than Lecce (Salento), but I’m happy that at least I got my Ancestral area.

7wftu3D.jpg

UShEZjA.jpg

ddgONgM.jpg

... 1650 Chieti shows Calabria and Liguria too, ... nice, :)

I wish I had some results to share but I never bought it. All I know is that they use Ashkenazim as part of the "Middle East" reference group, an ethnicity which by conservative estimates is at least 40-60% European. I'd never heard of anything so stupid by a testing company. That would vastly inflate the "Middle Eastern" in Europeans, and also inflate Ashkenazi in Southern Europeans.

It's almost as bad as Eurogenes "J" test.

If you're Southern European and want to know if you have Ashkenazi ancestry to any meaningful degree, go to 23andme. If you have it, the genes will show up.

I wish I had some results to share but I never bought it. All I know is that they use Ashkenazim as part of the "Middle East" reference group, an ethnicity which by conservative estimates is at least 40-60% European. I'd never heard of anything so stupid by a testing company. That would vastly inflate the "Middle Eastern" in Europeans, and also inflate Ashkenazi in Southern Europeans.
It's almost as bad as Eurogenes "J" test.
If you're Southern European and want to know if you have Ashkenazi ancestry to any meaningful degree, go to 23andme. If you have it, the genes will show up.
Angela, I've never bought them either, and they're there.
When I uploaded my uncle's data, his results were blocked, but for some reason they were unblocked after a while.
Matching tool is free, IIRC.

my sister match areas

I can confirm these with BDM records

Top places 1600 - 1650
Ferrara, Emilia-Romagna, Italy ..................nil..........but Rovigo , just north of Ferrara is a match

Fontane, Veneto, Italy ................correct

Zernez, Grisons, Switzerland ................correct

Babenhausen, Hesse, Germany ................no idea

Canizzano, Veneto, Italy ..................correct

Fontanelle, Veneto, Italy ................correct

Gross-Umstadt, Hesse, Germany ...............unsure

Karbach, Rhineland-Palatinate, Germany .............correct

Loria, Veneto, Italy .........................correct

Polcenigo, Friuli-Venezia Giulia, Italy ...................correct

San Zenone Deghi Ezzelini .....just north of Loria is missing and so is Asolo, Fonte and Monfumo ..........as per BDM records

..............................................................................................

advance 100 years

Top places 1700 - 1750
Veneto, Italy

Italy

Noventa di Piave, Veneto, Italy ...........................yes

Treviso, Veneto, Italy ........................................yes

Grasciano, Abruzzo, Italy ......................................no idea

Lancenigo, Veneto, Italy ..............................correct, town under Villorba

Mareno di Piave, Veneto, Italy ........................yes

Pasiano di Pordenone, Friuli-Venezia Giulia, Italy ..........................no idea, I thought it was Porcia di Pordenone

Prata di Pordenone, Friuli-Venezia Giulia, Italy ...........................no.......but cousins come from here

Rovaré, Veneto, Italy ............................yes

1st cousin .................from sister of my grandfather paternal side

Top places 1600 - 1650
Italy

Sossano, Veneto, Italy

United Kingdom ................................no idea

Adelange, Grand Est, France................................no idea

Altrippe, Grand Est, France................................no idea

Anzeling, Grand Est, France................................no idea

Badia, South Tyrol, South Tyrol, Italy .....................need to check ............Tres in Val di Non is the right place

surnames

Rossi .................should be Ros

Ferrari ...............no

Zanella .................yes

Bianchi ................yes

Carraro .................yes

Moro ........................yes

Zanon ...................yes

Barbieri ...................no

Fontana ..................no

Marin .....................yes

MH considers the Askenazi an European ethnicity and the Sefardi an ethnic group from North Africa. MH addresses the Askenazi in the following way.

FuEinvK.jpg

LxWh4Wt.jpg

yBXAnG0.jpg

iFODVaQ.jpg

4mZSswP.jpg

R5TA2v1.jpg

Then they changed it I guess. Regardless, the Ashkenazim have no IBD sharing with either Spaniards or Italians.

I don't see how a low confidence level result would be of much value or interest, but here is mine:

5dRJ4bz.png

Romania probably has some connection with Bronze Age Hungarian DNA, and Louisiana & Mississippi are from Italian diaspora that went there in the 1800s. I don't have any family that went there, the only group which makes sense is the Bari one.

Sicily and Sardinia? That's a pretty massive range.

Romania probably has some connection with Bronze Age Hungarian DNA

Romanians have strong Balkan and Roman influences, also strong Slavic ones and minor, but significant, more recent ones from various steppe people, Hungarians, Germans, Serbs and Bulgarians among others. Its in any case about more recent common ancestry than the Bronze Age with this feature, so admixture within historical times. The question is just in which direction it was going, from Romania or to Romania. Could be the general Vlach/Balkan cluster via Albanian ancestry?

I get French in Northern America on low confidence because some German-French relatives of ancestors moved to these communities.

^^I don't understand how that makes much sense. They are a few percent Berber. The rest of their ancestry is like that of Ashkenazi Jews. That's just a geographical description of where they lived, not their "origin".

This thread has been viewed 59222 times.

Back