New MyHeritage update (groups)

Far enough .............Schiavoni in the early days meant the non-slavic Dalmatians that spoke the Vegliot Dalmatian dialect became extinct in the 19th century. A mix of Roman Latin and old Venetian .

Croatians where always called Croati and never anything else..........every croatian men when hired as horsemen for venetian land forces where noted as croati

Bosnians had another term or Venice never mentioned them or stated them as a mix of Avars and Slavs

IMO.........old Dalmatians was the main branch of many "Illyrian" tribes, who later mixed with italic people coming from italy under the Roman empire , to create a mixed language ........then fell under Hungaria and after a 400 years of an on-off war between Venice and Hungary, fell to Venice............, Venice took ownership in 1430ish to 1797 .......its this period the Vegliot took hold

@Torzio,

I find it hard to understand the turn this speech is taking: does anyone have the exclusive monopoly on the use of the term "Schiavoni"?

Nobody is disputing what happened in Venice and its surroundings. The Venetians may have also used more precise terminologies since they had more assiduous relations with those peoples and could afford to distinguish them. Good for them.

Elsewhere - I cited a search for documents relating to the Marches - "Schiavoni" was used in a broader sense and could concern both Dalmatians more or less Latinized as well as the Slavs of the Balkan hinterland. In the examples cited we speak of individuals coming from Zara ("Giara" / "Jadra" or "Segna" = Senj) as from Zagreb. Evidently in the Marche they did not need to split the hair with the immigrant registry, but only to have work arms. See this PhD thesis, pp. 129-130 http://amsdottorato.unibo.it/7989/1/spallacci_giulia_tesi.pdf

I didn't make up this thing. It's a terminology found in archival documents studied by researchers. If anyone wants to contest it, you have to contact the researchers and make the necessary objections, always with documents in hand

Γρηγόριος (Gregorios) -> Gregorius -> Gregory -> Gregor -> Mac Griogair -> MacGregor -> McGregor :unsure:

@Torzio,

I find it hard to understand the turn this speech is taking: does anyone have the exclusive monopoly on the use of the term "Schiavoni"?

Nobody is disputing what happened in Venice and its surroundings. The Venetians may have also used more precise terminologies since they had more assiduous relations with those peoples and could afford to distinguish them. Good for them.

Elsewhere - I cited a search for documents relating to the Marches - "Schiavoni" was used in a broader sense and could concern both Dalmatians more or less Latinized as well as the Slavs of the Balkan hinterland. In the examples cited we speak of individuals coming from Zara ("Giara" / "Jadra" or "Segna" = Senj) as from Zagreb. Evidently in the Marche they did not need to split the hair with the immigrant registry, but only to have work arms. See this PhD thesis, pp. 129-130 http://amsdottorato.unibo.it/7989/1/spallacci_giulia_tesi.pdf

I didn't make up this thing. It's a terminology found in archival documents studied by researchers. If anyone wants to contest it, you have to contact the researchers and make the necessary objections, always with documents in hand

The terminology grew over time by Italian scholars outside of NorthEast Italy ( usually done by the papal states scholars ) to try to link the italian word for slav and the term Schiavoni
as being the same. They tried to say that Dalmatians where also Slavs ( even though Dalmatians where there hundreds of years before the slavs arrived in the 6th/7th centuries )...........Initially the first slavs that arrived on the coast was along modern montenegro the duchies of Zeta and Hum being 2 that I recall ( they where a mix of mainly croats and serbs with some very small % of bosnians )

It all depends on the period in question...............different people arrived at certain places in time from different areas of the world.........If we want to talk about the marche ( picene lands ) from late bronze age, then all italian studies will tell you that the area was colonised by the Liburnians .............If you want a different period in time, then it could be another group of people.

In regards to Zara , a main Venetian port , which was the only port any slav could come to Venice, while Dalmatians could come to venice from other ports............there is a very clear distinction of Dalmatians and slavs in Venetian texts ( I checked some venetian archives in 2006 )...........If you have read something else from another period of time , then I am willing to check it out

I don't recall any Marche ports under Venice for any period...........Rimini and Ravenna yes, some apulian ports in 1480 ish yes ............Marche iirc was papal lands

I will read your very interesting attachment ...........but it seems purely a paper of trading in the adriatic from a quick view..........

I was observing the evolution of these results and at one point I said to myself, this map looks familiar, I've seen it before, but I couldn't remember where, how or when, since history is sometimes as boring to me as religion. Then I realized the similarities with the map of the Spanish Empire; even the Philippines and Japan, the four Sicilies, we go all the way; although I also observe in detail that it is marked in Australia and the results with Brazil and Pakistan Afghanistan, it seems as if there is also a bit of the Portuguese and British Empire.

Soft version having chained, gagged and ego-bound

ImperioEspa%25C3%25B1ol1.jpeg

ImperioEspa%25C3%25B1ol2.jpeg

ImperioEspa%25C3%25B1ol3.jpeg

ImperioEspa%25C3%25B1ol4.jpeg

ImperioEspa%25C3%25B1ol5.jpeg

ImperioEspa%25C3%25B1ol6.jpeg

ImperioEspa%25C3%25B1ol7.jpeg

ImperioEsa%25C3%25B1ol8.jpeg

ImperioEspa%25C3%25B1olMapa.jpeg

I was observing the evolution of these results and at one point I said to myself, this map looks familiar, I've seen it before, but I couldn't remember where, how or when, since history is sometimes as boring to me as religion. Then I realized the similarities with the map of the Spanish Empire; even the Philippines and Japan, the four Sicilies, we go all the way; although I also observe in detail that it is marked in Australia and the results with Brazil and Pakistan Afghanistan, it seems as if there is also a bit of the Portuguese and British Empire.

Soft version having chained, gagged and ego-bound

ImperioEspa%25C3%25B1ol1.jpeg

ImperioEspa%25C3%25B1ol2.jpeg

ImperioEspa%25C3%25B1ol3.jpeg

ImperioEspa%25C3%25B1ol4.jpeg

ImperioEspa%25C3%25B1ol5.jpeg

ImperioEspa%25C3%25B1ol6.jpeg

ImperioEspa%25C3%25B1ol7.jpeg

ImperioEsa%25C3%25B1ol8.jpeg

ImperioEspa%25C3%25B1olMapa.jpeg

Although MH qualifies the ethnic group Brazil ID 5294 as Iberian, it is also attributed some North Italian ancestry to this ethnicity. Looking at this ethnicity on the world map, we can identify also some coincidences with the Portuguese Empire, mainly between 1900-1950.

Qwkz1Jj.jpg

UYImZHN.jpg

VxNRmBJ.jpg

^^
It is curious that I do not name the Spaniards because on my map Brazil 1850-1900 begins to appear, it is possible that the agorithm has not distinguished them lol

What does happen to me is that every time I compare last names the agorithm is still questioned with a question mark over Guatemala, I even have a death in Guatemala.

Is it known if Monteczuma's wife was Mayan or if the Mayans came to the Aztec elite? because I have a Spanish nobility with royal Aztec blood very close to the towns where I am originally from

^^
It is curious that I do not name the Spaniards because on my map Brazil 1850-1900 begins to appear, it is possible that the agorithm has not distinguished them lol

What does happen to me is that every time I compare last names the agorithm is still questioned with a question mark over Guatemala, I even have a death in Guatemala.

Is it known if Monteczuma's wife was Mayan or if the Mayans came to the Aztec elite? because I have a Spanish nobility with royal Aztec blood very close to the towns where I am originally from

The history of ‘Ducado de Moctezuma de Tultengo’ and the hereditary title of Spanish nobility ‘Duque de Moctezuma de Tultengo’ is very interesting.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duke_of_Moctezuma_de_Tultengo
NiKxQ5e.jpg

The lineage of the Mexica Emperor Moctezuma has spread over the centuries and these days it is still possible to find some of his many descendants.

Among Moctezuma's daughters, the most important was Tecuichpo Ixcaxochitzin, who would later be called Isabel de Moctezuma by Hernán Cortés and the Spaniards. Princess Mexica, after being "stolen" by Cortés and taken to Spain, married Spanish men three times and had six children in total. She also had one more daughter whom she did not want to recognize and whose father was none other than Hernán Cortés. Isabella was considered the legitimate descendant of Montezuma and this was a determining factor in the Spanish Crown's awarding the title of Count of Miravalle to her offspring.

It is also worth mentioning, as a curious fact, that after her marriage to the Spaniard Alonso de Grado, the "Visitor of the Indians", Isabel received as a wedding gift the commission from Tacuba, which years later would become the Hacienda de los Morales and behind which there is a peculiar history.

After receiving the Spanish noble title of Miravalle County, the descendants of Isabel de Moctezuma have remained in Spain as part of the nobility. In terms of the recent history of this lineage, María del Carmen Enríquez de Luna y del Mazo remained as Countess of Miravalle until her death in November 2014. The vacancy will be filled by her firstborn daughter, named after her mother, who, after applying for the title that rightfully belongs to her, is waiting to become the 13th Countess of Miravalle.

https://mxcity.mx/2016/05/quienes-donde-estan-los-descendientes-moctezuma/

Descendientes-Moctezuma.jpg

Carmen Ruiz Enríquez de Luna; Countess of Miravalle

José Miguel Carrillo de Albornoz y Muñoz de San Pedro, Viscount of Torre Hidalgo, arrives impeccably to the appointment. In the Palace of Toledo-Moctezuma, in Cáceres, they know him. It is now the seat of the Provincial Historical Archive, but for centuries it belonged to his ancestors and he has been visiting it since he was a child.

The family history of this Moctezuma from Cáceres is fascinating. It begins, at some point, with Moctezuma Xocoyotzin, who governed the Mexicas when in 1519 Hernán Cortés' men arrived on the beaches of present-day Veracruz. Powerful, superstitious and much feared, Moctezuma -whose first biography the viscount published- believes himself to be a demigod.

15541360033829.jpg

Carrillo de Albornoz (Cáceres, 1959) with the family tree that connects him to the Aztec emperor, in his house, the Palacio de Las Seguras

https://www.elmundo.es/cronica/2019/04/03/5c9e6d8621efa043068b457d.html

@Salento @Carlos
Who are they? :unsure:I prefer not to know.:shocked: What does your oracle say, Carlos? :indifferent:

Z4DShhU.jpg

34d4TRB.jpg

those are the Ancestral places of origin of the Italian Diasporas in Brasile,

... don’t tell Duarte, ... he doesn’t want to know :)

those are the Ancestral places of origin of the Italian Diasporas in Brasile,

... don’t tell Duarte, ... he doesn’t want to know :)

:petrified::startled::embarassed::LOL:

@Salento @Carlos
Who are they? :unsure:I prefer not to know.:shocked: What does your oracle say, Carlos? :indifferent:

Z4DShhU.jpg

34d4TRB.jpg

The oracle has spoken:

The oracle shows an image just like this one and it was also in Google images.

People whose origin is there where the sun goes down and who carry the sword but not the destruction cause human displacements from south to north and settle down where the emptiness is, arriving later to the beehive from which they will drink the honey as one of them.

atardecermar3.jpg

The oracle has spoken:

The oracle shows an image just like this one and it was also in Google images.

People whose origin is there where the sun goes down and who carry the sword but not the destruction cause human displacements from south to north and settle down where the emptiness is, arriving later to the beehive from which they will drink the honey as one of them.

atardecermar3.jpg

Beautiful (y):)

no change for me in regards to % , except places

Top places, 1600 - 1650

Italy
Treviso
Ferrara
Pordenone
Trentino-South Tyrol

Germany
Darmstadt Region
Karbach

Switzerland
Zernez

funny thing is I was just checking a link to the reddick family ( a dna match , zero distance ) who are from Darmstadt

Top places, 1600 - 1650

Italy
Treviso
Ferrara
Pordenone
Trentino-South Tyrol

Germany
Darmstadt Region
Karbach

Switzerland
Zernez

funny thing is I was just checking a link to the reddick family ( a dna match , zero distance ) who are from Darmstadt

I get a T-M70 called Redlich ...

if I change the timeline I get France and Germany too (+ others), though it’s obviously exported Salento’s DNA :) I think.

I also get Bari (Puglia), Chieti (Abruzzo) and Lecce (Puglia) as part of my Italian Genetic Groups.

ArF21vG.jpg

I get a T-M70 called Redlich ...

if I change the timeline I get France and Germany too (+ others), though it’s obviously exported Salento’s DNA :) I think.

I also get Bari (Puglia), Chieti (Abruzzo) and Lecce (Puglia) as part of my Italian Genetic Groups.

ArF21vG.jpg

what distance is he from you in ftdna?

y Chr. distance: 1

I am zero

The pole from Pomerania who matches me in yfull is also zero to reddich/redlich

the Pole is also closer in snp to the Brooks line than what I am in yfull

Top places, 1600 - 1650

Italy
Treviso
Ferrara
Pordenone
Trentino-South Tyrol

Germany
Darmstadt Region
Karbach

Switzerland
Zernez

... same as you, I get Trentino-South Tyrol too.
I included the surnames, just in case some sounds familiar to you.

uQfr0Sy.jpg

7S3vnow.jpg

This thread has been viewed 59220 times.

Back