Guess her ethnicity

lol. Not Jovialis. At least in those specific cases of your posts I am not researching on the internet. I was always interested in non-European and non-SSA ethnicities. I read a lot about them and I agree with you. There is a historical error in classifying them as black. Dravidians, Adamaneses, Austronesians are not SSA populations and cannot be confused or generically called "blacks" or "Africans". Far beyond skin color or hair type, there are other anthropometric characteristics that differentiate them from SSA.

(y)

I only said it in jest, good job. You need to have a special eye for it.

I think the Sans are tougher to confuse for some Negrito peoples.

Also, imo, I would say some Negrito look "Blacker" than some Africans.

... there are pockets of Somali refugees all around, ... I was surprised at their numbers even in Portland -Maine.

... also many Italians are familiar with the phenotypes of their former Colonies :)

... there are pockets of Somali refugees all around, ... I was surprised at their numbers even in Portland -Maine.

... also many Italians are familiar with the phenotypes of their former Colonies :)

I guess they must be better at discerning them from Africans, than the physical anthropologists from the pre-genetics era than.

I guess they must be better at discerning them from Africans, than the physical anthropologists from the pre-genetics era than.

imho, the facial feature of many Somalis in particular are closer to non-African faces, ... (Euro-Caucasus with dark skin tone)

imho, the facial feature of many Somalis in particular are closer to non-African faces, ... (Euro-Caucasus with dark skin tone)

Indeed, because they have Eurasian admixture from the middle east.

What I was referring to was the Negritos; hence their name. They weren't able to tell them apart from Africans, because of how they look. But genetics has made it abundantly clear that they are much different, despite the phenotypic similarity.

I feel like I could also discern East Africans, from West Africans, from South Africans with some degree of confidence.

Yes, I agree Salento and Jovialis.

In Eritrea, Ethiopia, Somalia and Djibouti (east and horn of Africa) there are groups with dark skin but whose facial features are Caucasian.

Indeed, because they have Eurasian admixture from the middle east.

What I was referring to was the Negritos; hence their name. They weren't able to tell them apart from Africans, because of how they look. But genetics has made it abundantly clear that they are much different, despite the phenotypic similarity.

I feel like I could also discern East Africans, from West Africans, from South Africans with some degree of confidence.

The "look" of East Africans make sense genetically, as you say; some of them are 40% West Eurasian.

What I find particularly interesting is that being so close to the equator, selection has probably worked to keep the pigmentation of some of them darker than you might expect. The tone looks like that of many African Americans, who are only about 20% West Eurasian.
somaliweddingwalk_0.jpg

View attachment 12504

Now I am curious... can someone guess his ethnicity right ? I am pretty sure no one will be right :p

Edit: Is it possible to see the picture when you click on the Attachment ?

Attachments

• 16216873_303.jpg
    16216873_303.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 41
He could be a lot of things, including European, given that it seems pretty clear that the skin is probably naturally much paler. but perhaps a North African Berber?

Ed. I had a second and perhaps better thought. A Bedouin?

Oh, Good One. :)

I should have guessed when my mind thought fleetingly he might even be European, or a Pashtun, which is another good guess.

Grigori Rasputin...
rasputin1.jpg

Correct, both are African.

Hey you guys aren't google searching these images right? :)

No, there is no catch..lol ..
The appearance of the people of the Horn of Africa always caught my attention ... in some cases, they seemed to me "black Europeans" ...
The Khoisan always interested me because they are one of the oldest peoples ... perhaps they offer us clues about the appearance and way of life of the first Homo Sapiens ...
And clearly, both populations do not resemble what would be expected of the appearance of the people of Sub-Saharan Africa.

Andaman tribes are interesting, they look African, but are very different genetically. Goes to show that phenotype can be misleading sometimes.

Ohm2Zzp.png

the first woman doesn't look SSAan in any case to me. She is of herself, a primitive look, "badly differentiated" if we compare to pop's on the way to Europoids, Mongoloids or Negroids criteria.

I never thought he could be Bedwin. One of my guesses was he could have been a British, or Irish of IA Celtic origin (his eyesocks, spite his blackish beard lacked the reddish hues expected then), or a French. I would not have guessed he was Russian, at first sight. Good trap!

This thread has been viewed 14307 times.

Back