Hillary Hayward-Thomas

All I can say to the younger among you is: home school your kids. The Barbarians are not at the gates; they're in the citadels.

Quotes from actual teachers.“Be like Odysseus and embrace the long haul to liberation (and then take the Odyssey out of your curriculum because it’s trash)” “Hahaha,” “Very proud to say we got the Odyssey removed from the curriculum this year!”

All I can say to the younger among you is: home school your kids. The Barbarians are not at the gates; they're in the citadels.

Quotes from actual teachers.“Be like Odysseus and embrace the long haul to liberation (and then take the Odyssey out of your curriculum because it’s trash)” “Hahaha,” “Very proud to say we got the Odyssey removed from the curriculum this year!”

I am going to be sure to read the classics to my children at bed time. I will probably start with the children's version, but then encourage them to read the actual versions.

I recall from the 1980s documentary, that Heinrich Schliemann became fascinated with Troy from an illustration he saw from a story book, as a child.

^^Such stupidity...nobody guessed that Merle Oberon was Anglo-Indian.

Plus, the point is that she looked European, so there was no dissonance with history. Period dramas are just that....reflections of a past period...there should be as much verisimilitude as possible.

Yes, I do agree completely, what matters in period dramas is that the casting does not affect our immersion into the story like having a totally different looking actor playing the role of a known historical figure.
It is like the casting discussed in other forum, I do not care at all that for instance Gal Gadot has the same supposedly genetic background as Cleopatra would, to me she does not look anything like the part she is playing.

This thread has been viewed 10722 times.

Back