hello from a Han Chinese R1b

That's so true, R1b's population in China may very likely larger than a small country's total population.

Is there any source online for Chinese yDNA? Probably even with a regional breakdown, anything new?

I don't have much information about that,but I remember at the end of 2019,a tomb's owner in Zhangzi county Shanxi province was tested belonging to N-F1998+, he's a nobleman of the West Zhou Dynasty and his surname is Ji! The surname Ji(姬) is the family name of the royal family of the Zhou dynasty. Originally, people believe the royalty and the noble families ought to have haplogroup O, but a nobleman with high status and his surname is the same as the royalty's belongs to N-f1998+. There are only 0.7% of the Chinese people whose Y-DNA is N-f1998+. Although it's still not confirmed whether the Zhou dynasty's royalty belongs to this haplogroup yet, there are more and more people think it is, and at least the royalty's haplogroup is more likely belongs to N-f1998+ rather than haplogroup O as for now.

my Y-DNA haplogroup is R1b y20753 , a subclade of y13200(old m73). Can someone give me some information about this haplogroup,thanks!

Do you have tocharians red hair? :p

I got black hair,although I have a few red hairs but I think it's pretty normal in dark haired people since it's only a few. And I'm really interested in Tocharians, they are more likely belong to Z2103 than M73, but it's not confirmed yet.

This thread has been viewed 9221 times.

Back