Politics Joe Biden's Presidency

Northerner: Thanks, I think it makes sense (again at least to me! as I said it). I don't know who is Biden's National Security Council team as most of them have not been approved. My guess is Susan Rice is the one doing the major lifting there (again part of Obama's NSC). I think the Attorney General got approved last week, Garland, who was President Obama's pick to replace in my view, the late, great Judge Scalia for the US Supreme Court.

It is PROFOUNDLY undemocratic for unknown, unelected people to be running this country.

I am seriously worried about the future. When Wilson was so terribly ill his wife hid it from almost everyone and virtually ran the country herself for some time. That was a disgrace, but here we're talking about FOUR years, and we also have things like nuclear codes.

Btw his cheat sheet is in 14 point type and he still can't read it half the time. If it weren't so tragic it would be funny.

It is PROFOUNDLY undemocratic for unknown, unelected people to be running this country.

I am seriously worried about the future. When Wilson was so terribly ill his wife hid it from almost everyone and virtually ran the country herself for some time. That was a disgrace, but here we're talking about FOUR years, and we also have things like nuclear codes.

Btw his cheat sheet is in 14 point type and he still can't read it half the time. If it weren't so tragic it would be funny.

I agree 100% it is undemocratic. But ole Joe is not all there or here, etc, He was a front person for the DEMS to win, Warren or Harris would not have won. Black vote and other Minorities did not support either in the DEM primaries and would not have come out for the National election. Biden had Obama's imprimatur since he was his VP for 8 years. The DEMS best way to somewhat bring back the Obama coalition to defeat Trump, even though Joe is not running the country. He is a Figure head, in my view.

The task is indeed big! No doubt....but was there a time when the challenges were easy!?

Indeed Wilson well that's a while ago and still the US is still alive and kicking. So no reason for panic.

Good leadership is may be knowing your own limits, and I guess that Biden knows that.

About the challenges for him? (not from woke or the left but from The Economist):

^^The flip seemed to happen in August, when he pulled out of Afghanistan.

While, I am not a fan of the president; frankly, I actually thought that was a good thing! However, his execution was clearly a catastrophe.

From an European point of view we have a great interest in a stabile US. OK Biden is as a nearly 80 years old man not juvenile and energetic ;) Nevertheless the almost civil war and the trenches in which the US is (seen from over the Ocean) is in now, is imo devastating for your country. Let alone the last president was an unguided projectile in which the current crisis in the Ukraine would be a catastrophe if he had to handle that (with a 'strange' almost kind of admiration for authoritarian leaders like Putin)....nothing to long for in the next election.

From an European point of view we have a great interest in a stabile US. OK Biden is as a nearly 80 years old man not juvenile and energetic ;) Nevertheless the almost civil war and the trenches in which the US is (seen from over the Ocean) is in now, is imo devastating for your country. Let alone the last president was an unguided projectile in which the current crisis in the Ukraine would be a catastrophe if he had to handle that (with a 'strange' almost kind of admiration for authoritarian leaders like Putin)....nothing to long for in the next election.

The issue is, our Presidents galvanize the almost civil war. That's problem with a two-party system meets 24/7 mass media.

Frankly, if places like California, and Texas want to become their own countries. I say, go for it (peacefully).

The issue is, our Presidents galvanize the almost civil war. That's problem with a two-party system meets 24/7 mass media.

Frankly, if places like California, and Texas want to become their own countries. I say, go for it (peacefully).

We have meanwhile 16 party's in our parlement....and it's starting in the same direction (with another twist of course but still with similarities) and nearly the same fuzz.

From my point of view pretty laughable separation movements in the US, with a history of a few hundred years:unsure: "Balkanization" of the US....my goodness.

Last edited:
Too bad Kamala Harris apparently doesn't want to go on the Supreme Court, although God knows we don't need another idiot like Sotomayor there.

However, they'd then have to install another V.P. who could take over if Biden kicks the bucket or becomes even more visibly ga-ga.

Practically anyone would be better than Harris as President. The Democrats are desperate to jettison her in any way possible; it's hard to imagine anyone with less aptitude as an executive or who would be more unpopular.

We have meanwhile 16 party's in our parlement....and it's starting in the same direction (with another twist of course but still with similarities) and nearly the same fuzz.

From my point of view pretty laughable separation movements in the US, with a history of a few hundred years:unsure: "Balkanisation" of the US....my goodness.

The US "Balkanized" itself from the British Empire. Nothing lasts forever.

The US "Balkanized" itself from the British Empire. Nothing lasts forever.

I guess that is different 'decolonization' is something different, the Dutch did this before from the Spanish empire....

I guess Texas is not ruled by New York:p

IMO doesn't make any sense....kind of narrow minded separatism.:push:

I guess that is different 'decolonization' is something different, the Dutch did this before from the Spanish empire....

I guess Texas is not ruled by New York:p

IMO doesn't make any sense....kind of narrow minded separatism.:push:

That's a bit different, from the Dutch colonial experience. The Spanish didn't send pioneers to live there, and want to start a new country for themselves in the Netherlands. They did that in South America though.

The Dutch liberated themselves from occupation.

The U.S. was a colony, but the Anglo-Saxon pioneers that went there wanted to start a new country. The Native Americans didn't liberate themselves from the British Empire.

That's a bit different, from the Dutch colonial experience. The Spanish didn't send pioneers to live there, and want to start a new country for themselves in the Netherlands. They did that in South America though.

The Dutch liberated themselves from occupation.

The U.S. was a colony, but the Anglo-Saxon pioneers that went there wanted to start a new country. The Native Americans didn't liberate themselves from the British Empire.

Indeed
Anyhow Balkanization of the US is kind of ridiculous to me. Balkanization is mostly at stake when people see themselves as a separate 'ethnicity' from the whole unto the Scots and Frisians in UK and NL etc. But Texas as "separate ethnicity" :p

Sen. John Kennedy wants Biden’s Supreme Court nominee to know ‘a law book from a J. Crew catalog’ (msn.com)

Now starts the machinations of wokery.

Because Biden says the SCOTUS must be a black woman, any criticism of his choice is considered a racist affront.

Love the guy. :) There should be a collection of his pithy and witty comments. He plays the country bumpkin act very well; then he darts out and annihilates you. I would have hated to sit across from him as opposing counsel.

His full reasoning:

"[h=2]“No. 1, I want a nominee who knows a law book from a J. Crew catalog. No. 2, I want a nominee who’s not going to try to rewrite the Constitution every other Thursday to try to advance a ‘woke agenda.’” — Sen. John Kennedy[/h]His remarks drew backlash on Twitter and elsewhere after the news broke on Wednesday, leading J. Crew to trend in the afternoon as readers discussed what they thought Kennedy meant by those words.
Many saw racial undertones in the catalog comment, noting that former first lady Michelle Obama, a Black woman (and Harvard Law alumna), was known for wearing a lot of J. Crew.
The senator was not immediately available for comment. He told CNN last month that, “I want a judge who understands that the Bill of Rights is not an à la carte menu. I want a judge who will not try to rewrite the Constitution every other Thursday to advance a political agenda.”
And when asked about Biden intending to pick a Black woman for the seat, in particular, Kennedy said, “I’m going to judge the nominee on his or her qualifications, on the basis of the criteria I just gave you.”"

Whether or not Senator Kennedy is aware that Michele Obama wears a lot of J.Crew and was never able to pass the Illinois Bar Exam I don't know, but I have a suspicion he does.

Well, he finally did it. Joe Biden is even more unpopular than Donald Trump!

Why is Biden now less popular than Trump? He's earned it. (yahoo.com)

This is quite the feat considering Biden has all of the corporations, social media titans, journalists, and Hollywood celebrities going to bat for him 24/7! While the relationship is completely inverted in regard to Trump.

This thread has been viewed 40577 times.

Back