Comparision Study of Iraqi populations In Middle-Euphrates with Haplotype reference

kingjohn

Reaction score
Comparision Study of Iraqi populations In Middle-Euphrates with Haplotype reference Database (YHRD) and study their Haplogroups
Mohammed zuhair Naji, Ali Hmood Al-Saadi. Biology department of science in University of Babylon, Babylon, Iraq. - (Sep 2020)

Abstract:
In this study, a sample of 144 persons lived in middle-Euphrates of Iraq population was analyzed using 5 Y-chromosome short tandem repeat (STR) polymorphisms. The results Comparison with (YHRD) showed that there are 44 match with 307,169 Haplotypes, the highest match was in haplotype H13 it record 4707 match with 83 countries. In study Analysis of AMOVA and MDS plots show the Kuwait (from Arabia population) and Japan (over world population) were more closed to Iraqi population with same cluster plot. The sixty two haplotypes sorted in six main haplogroups (E, G, I, J, Q and R). haplogroup J was the biggest one in compare with other haplogroup and include all Hashemites sub-population.

A long story short:
This population (n=144) was separated to two sub-population Hashemites (n=72) with results arranged as Haplotypes (H1 - H10) and Commoners (Non- Hashemites) sub-population (n=72), the study provided the first detailed Haplogroup downstreams for Iraqi's using NevGen predictor. It's also noted the absence of J-FGC11 and any J-Z2331 lineages among the Hashemites and general Iraqis in exception of H19 representing a non Hashemite sample.

source:

http://plantarchives.org/20-2/4341-4348 (6836).pdf

142044696_151177009993074_1313076917547086318_n.png

p.s
what is so hard to test snp we are in 2020 why only y-str
:rolleyes:

^^You took the words right out of my mouth.

So, the Hashemites, the upper class, are all J1. I wouldn't expect anything else given Iraq's history.

Interesting that, if these predictions are correct, of course, there's both E-V13 and E-M81.

^^You took the words right out of my mouth.

So, the Hashemites, the upper class, are all J1. I wouldn't expect anything else given Iraq's history.

Interesting that, if these predictions are correct, of course, there's both E-V13 and E-M81.

yes not surprising at all :unsure:

So, this study depended on results of Y-DNA haplotypes by aid of web site Haplogroup Predictor (https://www.nevgen.org/) to determine Iraqihaplogroup. Table 4 shows the main andsub-haplogroups of haplotypes with theirmaximum Probability from web siteHaplogroup Predictor.The sixty two haplotypes sorted in six main haplogroups (E, G, I, J, Q and R). haplogroup J was the biggest one, it share 72% of total haplogroups (Fig. 3)with 45 haplotypes distributed in seven sub-haplogroups). Which be note all the Hashemities sub-population (H1-H27) employs in sub-haplogroup J1, while people of haplogroup J2 belongs to commons sub-populations.The second biggest haplogroup was E which share 16% of total haplogroups.It has 10 haplotypes branched to three sub-haplogroups, all haplotypes persons of this haplogroup was commons sub populations.The the thrid haplo group is R, its share 6% of all haplo groups with 4 haplotypes distributed in two sub-haplogroups. All haplo group‘s peoples was commons sub-populations.Finally, the lowest reminds haplogroups was G, I and Q each of one share 2% of total haplogroups with 1 haplotypes distributed in one sub haplogroups. And also each peoples was belongs to commons sub-populations.

p.s
if the predictions are correct the e-m81 is un heard before in this region
the e-v13 was found before in kurds:unsure:

Last edited:
Here are the haplogroup frequencies from the study.

E1b1a : 1%
E1b1b : 11%
E2 : 3%
G1 : 2%
I2a2a-L699 : 2%
J1a : 41%
J1b : 2%
J2 : 27%
Q1a2-L330 : 2%
R1a : 7%
R1b-V88 : 1%

It's surprising that they didn't find any G2 of H2, two lineages of the Early Neolithic Near Eastern farmers. It's also astounding to find as much as 4% of Sub-Saharan African Y-DNA (E1b1a and E2).

There is 2% of Mongolian/Turkic Q1a2-L330, but no Central Asian/Middle Eastern Q1b.

There is 2% of I2a2a-L699>S12195, which was found in the Yamna culture and is found mostly in Central & Eastern Europe today. But there is no Indo-European R1b at all (only the Near Eastern V88). Maybe it's due to the small sample size.

It's surprising that they didn't find any G2 of H2, two lineages of the Early Neolithic Near Eastern farmers. It's also astounding to find as much as 4% of Sub-Saharan African Y-DNA (E1b1a and E2).

There is 2% of Mongolian/Turkic Q1a2-L330, but no Central Asian/Middle Eastern Q1b.

There is 2% of I2a2a-L699>S12195, which was found in the Yamna culture and is found mostly in Central & Eastern Europe today. But there is no Indo-European R1b at all (only the Near Eastern V88). Maybe it's due to the small sample size.

the middle- euphrates is in baghdad area if the sample
is from there
the presence of those 2 might be related to the arab slave trade :unsure:

It's surprising that they didn't find any G2 of H2, two lineages of the Early Neolithic Near Eastern farmers. It's also astounding to find as much as 4% of Sub-Saharan African Y-DNA (E1b1a and E2)......

Actually, is not that surprising or strange to find some Sub-Saharan African hp in Iraq. There are 1,500,000 Afro-Iraqis who mostly live in Basra, Southern Iraq. Afro-Iraqis are an ethnic group that is descended from people of Zanj heritage.

From Wiki:

The Zanj were Bantu-speaking slaves who had been forcibly taken from Africa and who were primarily used for agricultural labor as part of the plantation economy of southern Iraq.

iraq-african-community-950x534.jpe

1601084519blobid2.jpg

7890ccf6a5678beffcfbfcd316c742ad.jpg

tumblr_myydylKnga1she47vo1_1280.jpg

Besides, Saudi Arabia for instance has 10%-11% Afro-Arabs, and Qatar, the Emirates, Yemen and Oman have also a visible minority of biracial or fully black looking Afro-Arabs. I have seen some Saudis, Qataris who looked West African or had jet black skin, etc.

http://www.meltingpotinternational.com/Features3.html
http://The Zanj Revolt: A Slave War in Medieval Iraq (medievalists.net)

But there is no Indo-European R1b at all (only the Near Eastern V88). Maybe it's due to the small sample size.

Indeed, among Assyrians and Chaldeans the Indo-European R1b is very common. That being said, Christian Iraqis, such as Assyrians or Chaldeans are a minority.

This thread has been viewed 3320 times.

Back