Maternal Lineages of 10th to 11th century Carpathians.

the 3 groups of invaders ( Huns, Avars, conquering hungarians)
qpAdm models autosomally speaking ;)

Huns
Hun_Asia_Core-
72-88% late xiongnu_han +12-28% scythian/saka/Xiongnu
or
100% Kazakhstan_ OutTianShanHun

Avars
Avar_Asia_Core1-
95% UstBelaya_N.SG + 5% Steppe_IA

Avar_Asia_Core2-
80-92% UstBelaya_N.SG + 8-20% Steppe_IA

conquering hungarians
Conq_Asia_Core1
50% Mansi + 35% EarlySarmatian+15% hun

Conq_Asia_Core2
21-31% Mansi + 29-54% EarlySarmatian+ 23-37% hun

the 3 groups of invaders ( Huns, Avars, conquering hungarians)
qpAdm models autosomally speaking ;)

Huns
Hun_Asia_Core-
72-88% late xiongnu_han +12-28% scythian/saka/Xiongnu
or
100% Kazakhstan_ OutTianShanHun

Avars
Avar_Asia_Core1-
95% UstBelaya_N.SG + 5% Steppe_IA

Avar_Asia_Core2-
80-92% UstBelaya_N.SG + 8-20% Steppe_IA

conquering hungarians
Conq_Asia_Core1
50% Mansi + 35% EarlySarmatian+15% hun

Conq_Asia_Core2
21-31% Mansi + 29-54% EarlySarmatian+ 23-37% hun

So much for all the old opinions of which certain people were so fond, that the Huns were probably so admixed that they were very "European like".

Attila, "The Scourge of God", was basically Han, and would have presented as such.

There was a paper which I can't now find which proposed that the trail of their incursions could be charted by the appearance of certain minor yDna signatures.

The paucity of actual "Hungarian" ancestry in Hungary also makes clear that you absolutely don't need a folk migration to change the language. People got into such heated debates about this.

It also points out the silliness in so many countries in the myths about their ancestry, i.e. the 20th century Hungarians making so much of their "Mayyar" ancestry when their highest percentage in terms of admixture is probably Germanic in origin.

So much for all the old opinions of which certain people were so fond, that the Huns were probably so admixed that they were very "European like".

Attila, "The Scourge of God", was basically Han, and would have presented as such.

There was a paper which I can't now find which proposed that the trail of their incursions could be charted by the appearance of certain minor yDna signatures.

The paucity of actual "Hungarian" ancestry in Hungary also makes clear that you absolutely don't need a folk migration to change the language. People got into such heated debates about this.

It also points out the silliness in so many countries in the myths about their ancestry, i.e. the 20th century Hungarians making so much of their "Mayyar" ancestry when their highest percentage in terms of admixture is probably Germanic in origin.

about the magyars :unsure:

supplementary information :
page 82
;)

Summarizing the genetic makeup of the Conqueror period samples from Table S1b,

we found that approximately 25% of the elite carried Conq_Asia_Core genomes, 25% Hun/Avar related genomes,20% were locals with pure EU_Core makeup, while 30% were admixed between locals and immigrants. The same calculation for the commoners gives 55% local (pure EU_Core), 40% admixed between locals and immigrants, 3% Avar/Hun related, and ~2% Conq_Asia_Core-like genome distribution. These numbers imply that most individuals in the commoner cemeteries represented local individuals as had been inferred from mitogenome data and that the Conquerors rapidly integrated the local population via intermarriage.Our data allows a rough estimation of the proportion of 10th century immigrants compared to the local population. Assuming that our samples are representative for each cemetery, the proportion of Conq_Asia_Core ancestry in the combined genomes in all cemeteries, extrapolated to grave numbers gives a 17% proportion. This estimation is certainly not exact and can be regarded at best as an upper boundary, because elite samples are certainly overrepresented in our data, and Transdanubia with its much higher local background was not studied.

p.s
buttom line as the invading magyars mixed with the locals this Conq asia core ancestery = bonafide magyar ancestery
had been reduced again and again :unsure:

The European cline from this paper appears continuous (it doesn't have gaps) which hints at admixture between the "EU Cores". Similar to what we've seen in the Olalde et al pre-print, where there looks to be admixture between the "Balkan_IA" cluster and the "NE_Cluster". The haplogroups in combination with the autosomal profiles also point to that direction.

i do not deny that the invading magyars ( mixed with locals EU core)
i am just asking how much of this conq asia core ancestery of the original invading magyars
exist till this day in modern hungarians ?
the answere is low extremely low %
every nation have there right for national pride
but genetically speaking modern day hungarians are far a way from the original magyars
:unsure:

p.s
contrary to hungary even in modern turkish people in anatolia
some turkic admixture exist up till this day

i do not deny that the invading magyars ( mixed with locals EU core)
i am just asking how much of this conq asia core ancestery of the original invading magyars
exist till this day in modern hungarians ?
the answere is low extremely low %
every nation have there right for national pride
but genetically speaking modern day hungarians are far a way from the original magyars
:unsure:

p.s
contrary to hungary even in modern turkish people in anatolia
some turkic admixture exist up till this day

I wasn't responding to you, sorry if it wasn't clear. I don't think this East Asian ancestry persists in modern Hungarians, no.

This thread has been viewed 9390 times.

Back