Woodrow Wilson probably belonged to R1b-P312>Z30597

Maciamo

Veteran member
Admin
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Italo-celto-germanic
Woodrow Wilson, 28th President of the United States, belonged to haplogroup R1b-P312 > Z30597 (a rare clade) based on the testing of a descendant of his grandfather, Judge James Wilson (1787-1850) at the Wilson DNA Project (Genetic Family ZZN). Wilson served as the president of Princeton University and as the 34th governor of New Jersey before winning the 1912 presidential election. As president, he oversaw the passage of progressive legislative policies unparalleled until the New Deal in 1933. He also led the United States into World War I in 1917, establishing an activist foreign policy known as Wilsonianism. He was the leading architect of the League of Nations.

220px-Thomas_Woodrow_Wilson%2C_Harris_%26_Ewing_bw_photo_portrait%2C_1919.jpg

macimao, what do you know about this haplogroup? There is a high probability that a relative of mine is from this haplogroup. (turkey)

macimao, what do you know about this haplogroup? There is a high probability that a relative of mine is from this haplogroup. (turkey)

Not much, except that it has been found in Scotland, Ireland and Azerbaijan. It is a top subclade of the Proto-Italo-Celtic P312 and dates from the Bronze Age.

thanks maciamo, i think this is also linked to haplogroup r1b zz37. If so, it has to be related to the British Islands. Turkey and Nakhichevan to be seen as separate an interesting situation.

I notice the Woodrow Wilson-linked testee appears to have only tested 37 markers. Has he tested deeper than this level? Is he still active?

Last edited:
thanks maciamo, i think this is also linked to haplogroup r1b zz37. If so, it has to be related to the British Islands. Turkey and Nakhichevan to be seen as separate an interesting situation.

Around 5,000 British troops were in Baku in 1918. The North Staffordshire Regiment were in Nakhichevan for a short while. Some were in Turkey briefly before leaving for India.

Last edited:

This thread has been viewed 3551 times.

Back