3D PCA Exseveritate

I have never noticed how close some Puerto Rican, Columbian, and Mexican mestizos are to people like Finns and Russians. Goes to show you need to know the context behind each coordinate, to understand why it is they plot there.

Those Puerto Ricans, Columbians, and Mexicans, must have at least 10-15% Amerindian, in them.

It makes sense when you swap out the Nganasan in Scandinavians, with Amerindian, and the Scandinavian with southern European.

Rdx1whi.png

Those Puerto Ricans, Columbians, and Mexicans, must have at least 10-15% Amerindian, in them.

It makes sense when you swap out the Nganasan in Scandinavians, with Amerindian, and the Scandinavian with southern European.

Rdx1whi.png

Just goes to show how old Nordicist ideas are just nonsense, to use a polite term.

Everything on most "anthro" forums was basically percentage of "blonde, blue eyed people" equals percent of "European-ness". There's no one to one correlation based on genetics. It's just freaking adaptation to climate, and the earliest "Europeans", while they had blue eyes, most probably had darker skin than the farmers who arrived from Anatolia.

Look at the Finns and Estonians and their percentage of Nganasan. I would say there's more of that in them than there is African in southern Europe. Not that there's anything wrong with either, of course.

Yes, they're very fair, but some Finns, at least, show their "Mongolian like" heritage. There was a Finnish American on the old dna forums who used to talk about how some Finnish Americans used to be ostracized by their Swedish and Norwegian American neighbors in the upper Midwest because of their "Asian" eyes. Disgusting behavior, but it happened.

It's also often quite easy to pick out Russians from a group of other Europeans.

Heck, there are very pale Mansi, too. When I used to hear that nonsense I used to be so tempted to say: "It's the latitude, stupid".

It makes complete sense that Europeans with high Nganasan would share alleles with Amerindians or people with Amerindian ancestry.

I also notice how much steppe the Saami carry, and to think how their close relatives, the non-Saami Scandinavians have always treated them. It's criminal.

This thread has been viewed 2727 times.

Back