Nor'easter February 2021

Angela

Elite member
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Italian
I'm living with virtual white out conditions. It's amazing.

This is from when it was just beginning last night.
Screen-Shot-2021-01-31-at-8.52.46-PM.png

We haven't had much snow on Long Island for decades, but this is going to be some storm; they're saying at least a foot where I am. Local authorities are totally at sea with this much snow, so it will take forever for the streets to be clear. I'm more worried about losing power. The winds are furious; I kept waking up all night because of the howling. Tree branches and the smaller trees are actually swaying. I'm sort of mesmerized by it.

Thank goodness for the fireplace if the power does go out, but unfortunately there's no natural gas out here, so no hot water and no cooking.

I just walked up a hill, and it was intense out there!

I used to be in downtown Manhattan for work quite often, and the configuration of the towers in combination with being so close to the sea made the wind swirl so much it seemed as if you were in a tornado. It was almost impossible sometimes to just cross the street. Thank goodness for underground tunnels.

At least we're not here: Brooklyn 1980.

Blizzards%2B%2526%2BSnowfalls%2Bin%2BNew%2BYork%2BCity%2BHistory%2B%252817%2529.jpg

This is a nice site: Vintage pictures of New York in blizzard conditions

https://www.vintag.es/2016/05/winter-storm-janus-hits-nyc-27.html

It's weird, I know, but I love storms; I think I like the display of nature's power. I'm going out for a walk with the dog in a little bit before cars turn the snow ugly.

Hard to imagine looking at that how blisteringly hot and humid it is in summer.

I hate winter! The depression from lack of sunlight, digging my car out of the snow...having reynauds aka poor hand circulation! If not for having friends and family here i would happily move out of this northeastern frozen tundra! I had to give up running outside and relied on boring cardio machines at the gym bc cold air beats my lungs to a pulp

Winter does have its beauty. I enjoy the “majestic” feeling I get when walking outside and being greeted by the luminous snow that covers the trees and buildings. But the physical and emotional tax winter has on me makes me despise it. But like everything else, your mileage will vary! If you enjoy winter, feel free to continue! I support you!

There are coyotes around, ... they smell the grill.
I don’t have dogs.

... spinning Mars :)

T2JBsKC.jpg

lywbBRH.jpg

YAIXXoi.jpg

bJuA4A6.jpg

This thread has been viewed 2460 times.

Back