Demonstrations in Moscow

Angela

Elite member
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Italian
Putin will mow them down in the streets if he has to, like happened in the February Revolution in St. Petersburg. Then, however, the garrisons sided with the protestors. Will that happen now? It's always the police and the armed forces which turn the tide. When you lose them, you've lost.

This is clearly a CIA-sponsored protest, supplemented with Soros funds.

Putin towers over any Western statesman.

How any American could have the audacity to criticize another government at this stage is way beyond me.

This is clearly a CIA-sponsored protest, supplemented with Soros funds.

Putin towers over any Western statesman.

How any American could have the audacity to criticize another government at this stage is way beyond me.

now now... you praise an authoritarian leader and you want to muzzle an entire Country because of the actions of couple of hundred misguided people with no institutional support.

now now... you praise an authoritarian leader and you want to muzzle an entire Country because of the actions of couple of hundred misguided people with no institutional support.

Wow, a Putin supporter! His supporters should go live there and see how they like it. I wonder if they consider themselves leftists or rightists? :)

I wonder if they think the CIA poisoned Navalny too? The Russians are shameless. They barely try to hide they're poisoning opposition leaders.

How could that possibly compare to the U.S.A.?

Honestly, with this level of reasoning the West is doomed to fall.

It's like the anti-nuclear movement in Europe in the last century. Those nitwits thought it was a good idea to UNILATERALLY disarm in the face of the Soviet Union and Communist China. It's as if they lived in the European equivalent of Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood and had never read their own history.

Hmm i don´t think the protests will have any effect. Putins grip on power is just too strong.

Last edited:
What!?........I was expecting such thinking from those who want to support a dictatorial, criminal, Bolshevik, Soviet imperialist regime, which has done so much harm to Europe, and especially to Eastern Europe! But ... I still hope that Americans in general can't think like that!

it's mostly about him supposedly beeing anti-west why some tin foil hat wearing right wingers like to support him.

What!?........I was expecting such thinking from those who want to support a dictatorial, criminal, Bolshevik, Soviet imperialist regime, which has done so much harm to Europe, and especially to Eastern Europe! But ... I still hope that Americans in general can't think like that!

I'll bet you a virtual $100 he isn't American, or he's just t-rolling.

He could be an angry American on the political system in his country, but human nature is still the same and he could do an exercise that half of Europe has done for generations under the domination of the dictatorships of the Bolshevik-communist ideology in which the population was forced by a totalitarian system in which they were only allowed to glorify their "lover and only one, the genius" ... elected dictator for life, who controls everything and whom you are not allowed to doubt!... They get to be afraid of their own loved ones ... Every step you try to take to break this condition of being a slave of such a demented society, being imprisonment or death. Russia still seems to be under this dementia of a dictatorial, imperialist, Bolshevik, criminal, Soviet system, through a new person crazy about power. I don't think that dwarf Putin can still oppose ordinary Russians who have been fed up with the dictatorship for over 100 years.

I hope you're right toteu, but the Russians have never been free. They went right from the Tsars to Soviet Communist local leaders and then Lenin. They have no experience of any kind of self rule, not even under some type of constitutional monarchy; nothing but dictatorship for their entire history.

Maybe it's like Afghanistan or Iraq; it's useless to hope for real democracy for them; maybe they're not ready for it.

There's also the fact that some groups of people really like their strong man rulers; they like to follow the rules; to conform.

I don't know. I hope not, but I really don't know, given their history.

In Romania from 16 to 22 December 1989 we had, I think, the only real revolution in the communist bloc, which was mostly made by young people under 35. They never knew anything but the dictatorship that was already 45 years old, but they managed to break the dictatorial regime on December 22 when they managed to come out with hundreds of thousands, to suppress the oppressive communist army. There were over 1,200 sacrifices, and over 5,000 wounded, many left with infirmities. I won't go into the details after ... but it seems that freedom is human in nature and doesn't need to be learned.

All credit to them. Much earlier the Hungarians rebelled, but they were crushed. The Poles certainly showed they wanted out as well. There was never a peep out of East Germany, and nothing of consequence from Russia itself. We'll see what happens.

Well, I wish them all the best in ridding their nation of corrupt authoritarian politicians.

This thread has been viewed 5031 times.

Back