Advisor
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Italian
Y-DNA haplogroup
R-PF7566 (R-Y227216)
mtDNA haplogroup
H6a1b7
I love the idea of colonizing another planet or celestial body. The idea of starting fresh, without the issues of the past. The prospect of building a better society, than having to fix the one we have already. I envision that the future colonists will most certainly need to be successful people of merit.

I hope Elon Musk hires someone else to design it. Remember how ugly the cyber truck was?

If I had my way, I would make the first man-made structure on Mars, a classical-style Temple of Mars. That would be a greater accomplishment, than some soulless mass of metal and glass.

btPHwO8.jpg

https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/363115

If I were in my twenties I'd definitely sign up. I've always dreamed of it since I started reading science fiction in my teens; I still do.

Only thing is I wouldn't want to be in a colony where Elon Musk picks the colonists; otherwise it's going to be the same old, same old.

I love the idea of colonizing another planet or celestial body. The idea of starting fresh, without the issues of the past. The prospect of building a better society, than having to fix the one we have already. I envision that the future colonists will most certainly need to be successful people of merit.

the societey we currently have doesn't seem too bad. and if it is unable to fix itself then it won't be better on mars.

the societey we currently have doesn't seem too bad. and if it is unable to fix itself then it won't be better on mars.
I think it will be better, because instead of rabble, you would have automation. Once most people lose their utility, there will be chaos on Earth. You will not have that issue on the colonies, because only the best and brightest will be there working higher order tasks.

If I were in my twenties I'd definitely sign up. I've always dreamed of it since I started reading science fiction in my teens; I still do.

Only thing is I wouldn't want to be in a colony where Elon Musk picks the colonists; otherwise it's going to be the same old, same old.

I hope that one day, there will be someone, or some group with the right sensibilities, that will charter the a flight to build a civilization that will surpass all others. As they say, the sky is the limit! :)

What?s the nature like in Mars? Sea water? Forrests? Beautiful endless green fields?

Elon seems a bit mental to me risking all his wealth and putting his entire focus on 1 useless mission.

How about ending hunger in the world? It will cost him and NASA less. But of course they don?t care about the immediate issues, they care about finding the beginning of the universe and colonizing Mars.

Heartless childish bastards to say the least. Playing Star Wars in real life.

What?s the nature like in Mars? Sea water? Forrests? Beautiful endless green fields?

Elon seems a bit mental to me risking all his wealth and putting his entire focus on 1 useless mission.

How about ending hunger in the world? It will cost him and NASA less. But of course they don?t care about the immediate issues, they care about finding the beginning of the universe and colonizing Mars.

If there is going to be a colony, it would most likely be nearby the polar icecaps. If you look at Mars? surface, there are many rivers and signs of seas so odd are there is still water on Mars.
We just need to melt the ice and purify the water first and we can send farm animals to the airtight colonies. :)

What�s the nature like in Mars? Sea water? Forrests? Beautiful endless green fields?

How about ending hunger in the world? It will cost him and NASA less. But of course they don�t care about the immediate issues, they care about finding the beginning of the universe and colonizing Mars.

I feel like some of those issues will never go away, no matter how much money you throw at it. I don't expect every human being to be a success, just like I don't except every animal or plant to be a success. Some beings perish in the struggle for survival, which is natural. Besides, overpopulation is one of the biggest threats facing humanity, and the environment. Thus, creating more living space seems more like a solution.

Based on some things that Elon Musk have said and done, I think he is kind of a weirdo. Nevertheless, if he wants to commit his wealth to something like this, I am all for it.

If there is going to be a colony, it would most likely be nearby the polar icecaps. If you look at Mars� surface, there are many rivers and signs of seas so odd are there is still water on Mars.
We just need to melt the ice and purify the water first and we can send farm animals to the airtight colonies. :)

In the past I have heard some scientists propose colonizing the sea floors, before trying to colonize space.

This thread has been viewed 5996 times.

Back