Y-DNA haplogroup
    (R1b-F1794) R-M269
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b

Ethnic group
    Italian

2 members found this post helpful.

Elon Musk Will Sell All His Properties to Finance Colonization of Mars

I love the idea of colonizing another planet or celestial body. The idea of starting fresh, without the issues of the past. The prospect of building a better society, than having to fix the one we have already. I envision that the future colonists will most certainly need to be successful people of merit.

I hope Elon Musk hires someone else to design it. Remember how ugly the cyber truck was?

If I had my way, I would make the first man-made structure on Mars, a classical-style Temple of Mars. That would be a greater accomplishment, than some soulless mass of metal and glass.

https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/363115

Ethnic group
    Italian

1 members found this post helpful.
    If I were in my twenties I'd definitely sign up. I've always dreamed of it since I started reading science fiction in my teens; I still do.

Only thing is I wouldn't want to be in a colony where Elon Musk picks the colonists; otherwise it's going to be the same old, same old.

Non si fa il proprio dovere perchè qualcuno ci dica grazie, lo si fa per principio, per se stessi, per la propria dignità. Oriana Fallaci

Jules Verne, but without the fiction?

Ethnic group
    swiss,italian

Quote Originally Posted by Jovialis View Post
    I love the idea of colonizing another planet or celestial body. The idea of starting fresh, without the issues of the past. The prospect of building a better society, than having to fix the one we have already. I envision that the future colonists will most certainly need to be successful people of merit.

the societey we currently have doesn't seem too bad. and if it is unable to fix itself then it won't be better on mars.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    (R1b-F1794) R-M269
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b

Ethnic group
    Italian

Quote Originally Posted by Ailchu View Post
    the societey we currently have doesn't seem too bad. and if it is unable to fix itself then it won't be better on mars.
    I think it will be better, because instead of rabble, you would have automation. Once most people lose their utility, there will be chaos on Earth. You will not have that issue on the colonies, because only the best and brightest will be there working higher order tasks.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    (R1b-F1794) R-M269
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b

Ethnic group
    Italian

Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    If I were in my twenties I'd definitely sign up. I've always dreamed of it since I started reading science fiction in my teens; I still do.

Only thing is I wouldn't want to be in a colony where Elon Musk picks the colonists; otherwise it's going to be the same old, same old.
    I hope that one day, there will be someone, or some group with the right sensibilities, that will charter the a flight to build a civilization that will surpass all others. As they say, the sky is the limit!

Whats the nature like in Mars? Sea water? Forrests? Beautiful endless green fields?

Elon seems a bit mental to me risking all his wealth and putting his entire focus on 1 useless mission.

How about ending hunger in the world? It will cost him and NASA less. But of course they dont care about the immediate issues, they care about finding the beginning of the universe and colonizing Mars.

Heartless childish bastards to say the least. Playing Star Wars in real life.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-U152-Z56-BY3957
    MtDNA haplogroup
    J1c7a

Ethnic group
    15/32 British, 5/32 German, 9/64 Irish, 1/8 Scots Gaelic, 5/64 French, 1/32 Welsh

Quote Originally Posted by Dushman View Post
    Whats the nature like in Mars? Sea water? Forrests? Beautiful endless green fields?

Elon seems a bit mental to me risking all his wealth and putting his entire focus on 1 useless mission.

How about ending hunger in the world? It will cost him and NASA less. But of course they dont care about the immediate issues, they care about finding the beginning of the universe and colonizing Mars.

If there is going to be a colony, it would most likely be nearby the polar icecaps. If you look at Mars surface, there are many rivers and signs of seas so odd are there is still water on Mars.
    We just need to melt the ice and purify the water first and we can send farm animals to the airtight colonies. :)

Y-DNA haplogroup
    (R1b-F1794) R-M269
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b

Ethnic group
    Italian

Quote Originally Posted by Dushman View Post
    What�s the nature like in Mars? Sea water? Forrests? Beautiful endless green fields?

How about ending hunger in the world? It will cost him and NASA less. But of course they don�t care about the immediate issues, they care about finding the beginning of the universe and colonizing Mars.

I feel like some of those issues will never go away, no matter how much money you throw at it. I don't expect every human being to be a success, just like I don't except every animal or plant to be a success. Some beings perish in the struggle for survival, which is natural. Besides, overpopulation is one of the biggest threats facing humanity, and the environment. Thus, creating more living space seems more like a solution.

Based on some things that Elon Musk have said and done, I think he is kind of a weirdo. Nevertheless, if he wants to commit his wealth to something like this, I am all for it.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    (R1b-F1794) R-M269
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b

Ethnic group
    Italian

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight View Post
    If there is going to be a colony, it would most likely be nearby the polar icecaps. If you look at Mars� surface, there are many rivers and signs of seas so odd are there is still water on Mars.
    We just need to melt the ice and purify the water first and we can send farm animals to the airtight colonies. :)
    In the past I have heard some scientists propose colonizing the sea floors, before trying to colonize space.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    (R1b-F1794) R-M269
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b

Ethnic group
    Italian

Quote Originally Posted by Jovialis View Post
    In the past I have heard some scientists propose colonizing the sea floors, before trying to colonize space.
    This is an interesting article:

https://medium.com/swlh/7-reasons-we...s-7d137e0c55b2

Lets hope it will be good for all of us. We don't know about mars nature, beauty or anything so hope it will be better for mankind