Quote Originally Posted by thejkhan View Post
So basically in the 35-40k ybp time frame there's branches of P in far east of Siberia [EDIT: correction, Yana samples are 31k years old] and a branch of P (closer to ancestor of R) in the Balkans. I don't know what conclusion we can draw from that. Did the most ancestral P originate in the West and very early splits moved to the East? Someone in another forum mentioned BK-1653 lived 2500-3000 years after Yana [EDIT: correction, Yana samples are younger than BK-1653], so did one branch of P move all the way from Siberia to Balkans within a 2500-3000 period?

For now, maybe we can discredit the theory that P-P226, the ancestor of Q and R, came from South East Asia? However still all the most basal branches of P are found among SE Asians (Andamanese, Philippines, Malaysia).
I have always thoughts the presence of older branches in a region do'nt prove this region is the cradle of all substream branches of the haplo. For me it could be the mark of a small sub-population stayed without great increase over time (so less mutations). It's the same question as the L23 in S-E Europe or South-Caucasus, for me. A Central Asian or South-central Asian origin of some of the Y-P's or at least of Y-R's seems to me more accurate than a true South-East Asian one.
Maybe a naive interpretation of mine?