Release of ancient dna sample data

Angela

Elite member
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Italian
The Reich Lab has released the data for 216 ancient dna samples, including bam, of which 212 have not previously been released.

https://reich.hms.harvard.edu/ancient-genome-diversity-project

Other Labs must have been complaining.

Nothing from the Italian mainland so I would assume none from samples they wish to release as part of future papers.

Hi Angela and Jovialis: Here is a preprint that looks interesting, I don't think it has any new samples, but the methodology they used to point to earlier connections (gene flow) between Anatolian and HG seemed interesting. I posted it here as it seems related, if you both think it deserves its own thread, please do so. In addition, if there is already a thread on this, sorry about that.

Leo Speidel, Lara Cassidy, Robert W. Davies,Garrett Hellenthal, Pontus Skoglund, Simon R. Myers (2021) preprint entitled "Inferring population histories for ancient genomes 2 using genome-wide genealogies"

https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.02.17.431573v1.full.pdf

Last edited:
I notice ancient Native American haplogroups listed as Q1b rather than Q1a. Has the nomenclature changed again, or are these dead-end lines?

Hi Angela and Jovialis: Here is a preprint that looks interesting, I don't think it has any new samples, but the methodology they used to point to earlier connections (gene flow) between Anatolian and HG seemed interesting. I posted it here as it seems related, if you both think it deserves its own thread, please do so. In addition, if there is already a thread on this, sorry about that.

Leo Speidel, Lara Cassidy, Robert W. Davies,Garrett Hellenthal, Pontus Skoglund, Simon R. Myers (2021) preprint entitled "Inferring population histories for ancient genomes 2 using genome-wide genealogies"

https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.02.17.431573v1.full.pdf

I think this deserves its own thread in Ancient Dna Thread, even if it just reiterates a lot of things we already knew or suspected. Just post it there for further discussion if you think it will get lost here.

I think this deserves its own thread in Ancient Dna Thread. Just post it there for further discussion.

Angela Ok. Will do

Angela: I thought I put the paper in a new thread, but doesn't seem to be showing up, obviously a user input error on my part. it is in posts in my profile, but not on the main forum.

Edit to this, post, must have been a lag, the the paper is in the Paleolithic & Mesolithic sub-forum. Sorry for the confusion.

I notice ancient Native American haplogroups listed as Q1b rather than Q1a. Has the nomenclature changed again, or are these dead-end lines?
The Native American samples are no so ancient after all. They're all within 2000 years, most within 1000 years. It looks like the nomenclature has changed quite a bit. Q-M3 is Q1b1a1a now, according to ISOGG's Y-DNA Haplogroup Tree, v.15.73.

This thread has been viewed 4051 times.

Back