Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kosovar Albanian - DNA Test Results with MyTrueAncestry results

I don’t get this chart at all. What’s time “timeline” supposed to mean? Is it showing you your closest ancient autosomal matches? What a weird marketing strategy from their side.

This is my ancestral timeline / Journey through time, a time line of samples I match either by ancestry or by sharing direct DNA segments.

Clear as mud @dushman?

Oetzi

Oetzi (3300 BC)

mtDNA Haplogroup: K1

Y-DNA Haplogroup: G2a2a1a2a1a (L166)

Deep Dive Match! 63% closer than others who share this deep dive sample
    Attached Images Attached Images

minoan.JPG

Minoan Lasithi

I0071 (2000 BC)

mtDNA Haplogroup: U5a1

Deep Dive Match! 65% closer than others who share this deep dive sample

skeleton lake.JPGSkeleton Lake Traveller - Hellenic

I3348 (1805 AD)

mtDNA Haplogroup: H1c

Genetic Distance: 23.158
    Sample Match! 92% closer than other users
    Skeleton Lake Traveller - Atlantic

I3401 (1805 AD)

mtDNA Haplogroup: W1

Y-DNA Haplogroup: R1b1ab

(You do not match this sample)
    Skeleton Lake Traveller - Hellenic

I3403 (1805 AD)

mtDNA Haplogroup: X2d

Y-DNA Haplogroup: T1a2 (L131)

Genetic Distance: 23.460
    Sample Match! 91% closer than other users

Roopkund Lake, also known as Skeleton Lake, is a high altitude glacial lake located in the Himalayas of northern India. The area is uninhabited and found at an altitude of 5020 meters. The lake itself is only 3 meters deep but known for containing up to 800 human skeletons. Some appear to have perished in a massive hailstorm dating to the 9th century as fatal blows have been found on some of the heads indicating being hit by something round like a cricket ball. No weapons have been found and the absence of injuries elsewhere indicates large hail stones or ice balls fell from the sky.

What do these numbers mean?

Genetic distance measures how close you are to a given sample.
    • 10 means this is your ancient ancestry
    • 20 means this is part of your ancestral link
    • 30 means possibly related to your ancestry

A sample with this button means a Sample Spotlight is available which includes detailed information, photos, videos and/or useful links.

Byzantine + Roman Hispania (10.63)
    Byzantine + Roman (10.77)
    Byzantine + Hellenic Roman (11.34)
    Seleucid + Roman (11.86)
    Seleucid + Roman Hispania (12.37)
    Byzantine (15.54)
    Roman (15.81)
    Seleucid (15.93)
    Hellenic Roman (18.36)

era.JPGWhat is my Deep Dive Breakdown?

Your share DNA segments with your Deep Dive matches. This chart represents a union of all your deep dive matches weighted per total SNPs you share and their own individual classification. The displayed result is your personalized Deep Dive breakdown.

Note: This will change over time as more samples are added.

Pics on page 2 sometimes are showing, sometimes not...

Yeah, as I thought. Well it’s interesting for beginners to get an idea.

But distances greater than 10 are quite far. I’d say you’re truly related to an ancient people when the distance is like 5-7, so you can justify partial ancestry from a certain group, not fully descending from them of course.

Did the ancestral timeline make sense now?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Penn101 View Post
    Attachment 12591This is from where I supposedly hail from, again not correct as I and my tribe are from northern Kosovo.
    They say you're Greek? It's like you're from the Peloponnese. :)

Yes, I did take that issue up with 23andMe and was advised that as more Albanians take the tests, they will change that accordingly, similarly as ancestry.com did.

Banned

Some Italians find out they are Greeks. Bulgarians or Serbs are Romanians, or vice versa, although they speak completely different languages. Very bizarre results.

It seems like my haplogroup EV13 peaks in Kosovo, almost 50%, and Peloponnese, GR, this is probably due to the Arvanites' (Albanians) migration to Greece in 1400's as the Islander Greeks are apparently different group.
    It's really sick, if you drill down on 23andMe's website, I have found many long "lost" cousins from Peloponnese but also, Greeks from throughout the world.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-Z2103>BY611
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H7i1

Ethnic group
    Albanian

Quote Originally Posted by Penn101 View Post
    It seems like my haplogroup EV13 peaks in Kosovo, almost 50%, and Peloponnese, GR, this is probably due to the Arvanites' (Albanians) migration to Greece in 1400's as the Islander Greeks are apparently different group.
    It's really sick, if you drill down on 23andMe's website, I have found many long "lost" cousins from Peloponnese but also, Greeks from throughout the world.
    It seems that 23 and me does not provide any data for Kosova, that is why you get Peloponnesus as the first match.

Sent from my iPhone using Eupedia Forum

Attachment 12601

The 7th Crusade

Crusader Knight Georgian / Lebanon

SI-38 (1250 AD)

mtDNA Haplogroup: J1b4

Y-DNA Haplogroup: E1b1b1a1b2 (AM00896/FGC2670/Y2542)

Genetic Distance: 28.092
    Sample Match! 94% closer than other users

The Crusader States (also known as Outremer) were created after the First Crusade (1095-1102) as a way to keep hold of territorial gains by Christian armies in the Middle East. Crusader castles were built all over Outremer to serve not only as defensive structures, but also as administrative and economic centers designed to last for many years to come. The four small Outremer states were the Kingdom of Jerusalem, the County of Edessa, the Country of Tripoli and the Principality of Antioch. This analysis focuses on the former Phoenician and later Roman colony of Sidon / Saida which remained in Arab hands until 1110 when King Baldwin I of Jerusalem and King Sigured I of Norway captured it. The city was then re-captured by the masterful Saladin in 1187, only to be re-taken by German Crusaders in 1197. It remained a key Crusader stronghold until the Saracen invasion of 1249 when it was destroyed - this series of exchanges presented the backdrop for the ill-fated 7th Crusade
    Attached Images Attached Images

That's work in progress, I have it on good word from them that they will change it soon.

CrusaderSkeletons.jpg

Crusader Knight Georgian / Lebanon

SI-38 (1250 AD)

mtDNA Haplogroup: J1b4

Y-DNA Haplogroup: E1b1b1a1b2 (AM00896/FGC2670/Y2542)

Genetic Distance: 28.092
    Sample Match! 94% closer than other users

Nine male skeletons were uncovered in a burial pit next to the Castle of St. Louis dating to the 13th century. The men had been killed violently in battle, based on the evidence of blunt force injuries on the skulls and bones. The bodies were dumped in the pit and burned. Carbon-14 dating of the European shoe buckles indicates mid 13th century and a coin found alongside the remains is dated 1250. This confirms the bodies are indeed from this period of the 7th crusade which means they were deposited there following a battle likely in 1253 against Muslims or in 1260 against Mongols. The remains suggest the soldiers making up the Crusader armies were genetically divcerse and intermixed with the local population in the Near East - although today there is no lasting effect on the local population. However these bodies clearly show that Europeans, Near Easterners and mixed invdividuals were living and dying side by side in the Crusades.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12