Kosovar Albanian - DNA Test Results with MyTrueAncestry results

Oh Jesus...

Gonna post them one by one...

dna_100.jpg

greek and balkan.jpgThis is from where I supposedly hail from, again not correct as I and my tribe are from northern Kosovo.

ancestrytimelineBC.jpgThis is my ancestry timeline.
Criteria set:
To: 0 BC
Sample size: 30 (to avoid overcrowding)

ancestrytimelineAD.jpg
Criteria set:
To: 1800 AD
Sample size: 30 (to avoid overcrowding)

I will post more charts and tables if ppl are interested.

Again, EV13 Haplogroup.

I don?t get this chart at all. What?s time ?timeline? supposed to mean? Is it showing you your closest ancient autosomal matches? What a weird marketing strategy from their side.

This is my ancestral timeline / Journey through time, a time line of samples I match either by ancestry or by sharing direct DNA segments.

Clear as mud @dushman?

[h=6]Oetzi[/h]Oetzi (3300 BC)

[h=6]mtDNA Haplogroup: K1[/h][h=6]Y-DNA Haplogroup: G2a2a1a2a1a (L166)[/h]
Deep Dive Match! 63% closer than others who share this deep dive sample

Attachments

• oetzi.jpg
    oetzi.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 176
minoan.JPG

[h=6]Minoan Lasithi[/h]I0071 (2000 BC)

[h=6]mtDNA Haplogroup: U5a1[/h]
Deep Dive Match! 65% closer than others who share this deep dive sample

skeleton lake.JPG[h=6]Skeleton Lake Traveller - Hellenic[/h]I3348 (1805 AD)

[h=6]mtDNA Haplogroup: H1c[/h]
Genetic Distance: 23.158
Sample Match! 92% closer than other users
[h=6]Skeleton Lake Traveller - Atlantic[/h]I3401 (1805 AD)

[h=6]mtDNA Haplogroup: W1[/h][h=6]Y-DNA Haplogroup: R1b1ab[/h]
(You do not match this sample)
[h=6]Skeleton Lake Traveller - Hellenic[/h]I3403 (1805 AD)

[h=6]mtDNA Haplogroup: X2d[/h][h=6]Y-DNA Haplogroup: T1a2 (L131)[/h]
Genetic Distance: 23.460
Sample Match! 91% closer than other users

Roopkund Lake, also known as Skeleton Lake, is a high altitude glacial lake located in the Himalayas of northern India. The area is uninhabited and found at an altitude of 5020 meters. The lake itself is only 3 meters deep but known for containing up to 800 human skeletons. Some appear to have perished in a massive hailstorm dating to the 9th century as fatal blows have been found on some of the heads indicating being hit by something round like a cricket ball. No weapons have been found and the absence of injuries elsewhere indicates large hail stones or ice balls fell from the sky.

[h=3]What do these numbers mean?[/h]
Genetic distance measures how close you are to a given sample.
  • 10 means this is your ancient ancestry
  • 20 means this is part of your ancestral link
  • 30 means possibly related to your ancestry
[FONT=&quot]
A sample with this button means a Sample Spotlight is available which includes detailed information, photos, videos and/or useful links.

Byzantine + Roman Hispania (10.63)
Byzantine + Roman (10.77)
Byzantine + Hellenic Roman (11.34)
Seleucid + Roman (11.86)
Seleucid + Roman Hispania (12.37)
Byzantine (15.54)
Roman (15.81)
Seleucid (15.93)
Hellenic Roman (18.36)
[/FONT]

era.JPG[h=3]What is my Deep Dive Breakdown?[/h]
Your share DNA segments with your Deep Dive matches. This chart represents a union of all your deep dive matches weighted per total SNPs you share and their own individual classification. The displayed result is your personalized Deep Dive breakdown.

Note: This will change over time as more samples are added.

Yeah, as I thought. Well it?s interesting for beginners to get an idea.

But distances greater than 10 are quite far. I?d say you?re truly related to an ancient people when the distance is like 5-7, so you can justify partial ancestry from a certain group, not fully descending from them of course.

Yes, I did take that issue up with 23andMe and was advised that as more Albanians take the tests, they will change that accordingly, similarly as ancestry.com did.

Some Italians find out they are Greeks. Bulgarians or Serbs are Romanians, or vice versa, although they speak completely different languages. Very bizarre results.

It seems like my haplogroup EV13 peaks in Kosovo, almost 50%, and Peloponnese, GR, this is probably due to the Arvanites' (Albanians) migration to Greece in 1400's as the Islander Greeks are apparently different group.
It's really sick, if you drill down on 23andMe's website, I have found many long "lost" cousins from Peloponnese but also, Greeks from throughout the world.

It seems like my haplogroup EV13 peaks in Kosovo, almost 50%, and Peloponnese, GR, this is probably due to the Arvanites' (Albanians) migration to Greece in 1400's as the Islander Greeks are apparently different group.
It's really sick, if you drill down on 23andMe's website, I have found many long "lost" cousins from Peloponnese but also, Greeks from throughout the world.

It seems that 23 and me does not provide any data for Kosova, that is why you get Peloponnesus as the first match.

Sent from my iPhone using Eupedia Forum

This thread has been viewed 16019 times.

Back