Kosovar Albanian - DNA Test Results with MyTrueAncestry results

View attachment 12601

The 7th Crusade

Crusader Knight Georgian / Lebanon

SI-38 (1250 AD)

mtDNA Haplogroup: J1b4

Y-DNA Haplogroup: E1b1b1a1b2 (AM00896/FGC2670/Y2542)

Genetic Distance: 28.092
Sample Match! 94% closer than other users

The Crusader States (also known as Outremer) were created after the First Crusade (1095-1102) as a way to keep hold of territorial gains by Christian armies in the Middle East. Crusader castles were built all over Outremer to serve not only as defensive structures, but also as administrative and economic centers designed to last for many years to come. The four small Outremer states were the Kingdom of Jerusalem, the County of Edessa, the Country of Tripoli and the Principality of Antioch. This analysis focuses on the former Phoenician and later Roman colony of Sidon / Saida which remained in Arab hands until 1110 when King Baldwin I of Jerusalem and King Sigured I of Norway captured it. The city was then re-captured by the masterful Saladin in 1187, only to be re-taken by German Crusaders in 1197. It remained a key Crusader stronghold until the Saracen invasion of 1249 when it was destroyed - this series of exchanges presented the backdrop for the ill-fated 7th Crusade

Attachments

• CrusaderShip.jpg
    CrusaderShip.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 159
That's work in progress, I have it on good word from them that they will change it soon.

CrusaderSkeletons.jpg

[h=6]Crusader Knight Georgian / Lebanon[/h]SI-38 (1250 AD)

[h=6]mtDNA Haplogroup: J1b4[/h][h=6]Y-DNA Haplogroup: E1b1b1a1b2 (AM00896/FGC2670/Y2542)[/h]
Genetic Distance: 28.092
Sample Match! 94% closer than other users

Nine male skeletons were uncovered in a burial pit next to the Castle of St. Louis dating to the 13th century. The men had been killed violently in battle, based on the evidence of blunt force injuries on the skulls and bones. The bodies were dumped in the pit and burned. Carbon-14 dating of the European shoe buckles indicates mid 13th century and a coin found alongside the remains is dated 1250. This confirms the bodies are indeed from this period of the 7th crusade which means they were deposited there following a battle likely in 1253 against Muslims or in 1260 against Mongols. The remains suggest the soldiers making up the Crusader armies were genetically divcerse and intermixed with the local population in the Near East - although today there is no lasting effect on the local population. However these bodies clearly show that Europeans, Near Easterners and mixed invdividuals were living and dying side by side in the Crusades.

Very cool Penn you even still look like someone I would Imagine from that part of the world thousands of years back 😂 it's good to see what one of my ancient kin on the E branch would have been, I took one too and my closest ancient culture came back as Pict 😅

What part of Kosova are you from Penn?

Here is mine, my fathers line is Scottish and my mum has Spanish, so it kind of all makes sense to me...but I'm happy to see the Illyrian representing still number one! :DIllyrianScot.png

This thread has been viewed 16038 times.

Back