italouruguayan

Reaction score
Ethnic group
Mixed , mostly Italian
Y-DNA haplogroup
R1B U106 L44
mtDNA haplogroup
A2
SOMOS Ancestria is a new DNA testing company that I discovered by watching YouTube videos of Latin American users who analyzed their DNA. It is a company based in San Francisco (CA).

It advertises itself as a company with specific data for Latin Americans, so I decided to try my luck ...

The results for Europe were quite unspecific to me. In the results for Africa, I see a high component from North Africa, replaced in other companies by the Middle East.
And regarding the American components ....
Although I was already aware that most of the peoples studied were Mexican, or at least Central American, there were two South American components, which I assumed would be the majority in my case.
However, the Mexican components predominated ...

The original tribes of my country, Uruguay, originated from the mixture of two components: one Amazonian, arrived from the jungles of the north, and another Patagonian, arrived from the cold steppes of the south.
To my knowledge, I have no Mexican ancestors in the last 150 years. It is not impossible, although highly unlikely, to have ancestors from there.
(Mexico and Uruguay are 7972 km apart -4953 miles-).
I think I have no luck with the analysis of my DNA: as a descendant of Italians, many times I have seen crazy results, and being a descendant of South American natives ... I see that the study on these is far behind the natives of the part North of the continent ... :(

The original tribes of my country, Uruguay, originated from the mixture of two components: one Amazonian, arrived from the jungles of the north, and another Patagonian, arrived from the cold steppes of the south.
To my knowledge, I have no Mexican ancestors in the last 150 years. It is not impossible, although highly unlikely, to have ancestors from there.
(Mexico and Uruguay are 7972 km apart -4953 miles-).
I think I have no luck with the analysis of my DNA: as a descendant of Italians, many times I have seen crazy results, and being a descendant of South American natives ... I see that the study on these is far behind the natives of the part North of the continent ... :(

They still don't have the correct Cluster. I believe it is a more interesting site for Latinos in the United States who, for the most part, are descendants of Latin Americans from Mexico, Central America and the Caribbean. The Amerindian ancestry of Brazil, Uruguay and Argentina is related to the indigenous peoples of South America who live (or lived) east of the Andes.

They still don't have the correct Cluster. I believe it is a more interesting site for Latinos in the United States who, for the most part, are descendants of Latin Americans from Mexico, Central America and the Caribbean. The Amerindian ancestry of Brazil, Uruguay and Argentina is related to the indigenous peoples of South America who live (or lived) east of the Andes.

That's right, Duarte.
We still have to wait for a company to study this part of the continent ... possibly one created by our irmaos Brasileiros ...

This thread has been viewed 3038 times.

Back