Problems with Living Dna?

zqw

Reaction score
Y-DNA haplogroup
R1b U152 L2
mtDNA haplogroup
HV9A
First time posting here. I've heard that Living Dna is the most detailed and accurate autosomal test out there and I've gotten my results back and it's raised some questions. For example based on my genealogy I should be about 12.5 percent French, yet there is no French results, instead there is East Iberian at 13.5 percent, about what the French should be. Scandinavian is also greater than what my genealogy would predict at 19 percent when it should be about 6 percent. Has anyone had similar problems or am I misinterpreting the results in anyway?

The reason is that DNA tests are prohibited in France, so there are few reference samples for France. As a result French ancestry tend to be misreported to the closest neighbouring country.

First time posting here. I've heard that Living Dna is the most detailed and accurate autosomal test out there and I've gotten my results back and it's raised some questions. For example based on my genealogy I should be about 12.5 percent French, yet there is no French results, instead there is East Iberian at 13.5 percent, about what the French should be. Scandinavian is also greater than what my genealogy would predict at 19 percent when it should be about 6 percent. Has anyone had similar problems or am I misinterpreting the results in anyway?

I am also curious, I got T1a a pretty rare haplogroup and no African DNA showed up in my ancestry even though my ancestor was a Dutch colonial administrator who married a Cameroonian woman and this is even recorded in family records and showed up in my uncle's DNA test.

I am also curious, I got T1a a pretty rare haplogroup and no African DNA showed up in my ancestry even though my ancestor was a Dutch colonial administrator who married a Cameroonian woman and this is even recorded in family records and showed up in my uncle's DNA test.

How many generations ago was that Cameroonian ancestor?

When did the Dutch colonial administrator go to Cameroon?

The reason is that DNA tests are prohibited in France, so there are few reference samples for France. As a result French ancestry tend to be misreported to the closest neighbouring country.

That's unfortunate.

This thread has been viewed 3747 times.

Back