I have T1a2b1a, am I descended from Carthaginians/Phonecians?

ConfusedCelt

Reaction score
Ethnic group
Celtic/Germanic
Y-DNA haplogroup
T1a2
mtDNA haplogroup
V
All the rest of my ancestry was Celtic and Saxon/Scandinavian. But I had a tiny sliver of DNA titled "Balari" and I looked it up and they were a Nuragic people. And my YDNA is Haplogroup T1a2... My father is from the Netherlands and my mother is from Ireland. Where did this come from? Did it come through the steppe? Is it from farmers? Is it from later people like Carthaginians or Romans? I am really weirded out that I got such a rare and strange haplogroup

Also, nice to meet you all :)

I would upload some photos of my results but I need 20 posts to post pictures

I have reddish brown hair (curly blonde as a kid) pale skin and blue eyes and a quite "northern" face in fact I was expecting to get R1b or I1/I2 but instead its T1a... sorry for bumping

Although it is possible that there were some y T with the Phoenicians, you could have chosen any ancient civilization, even the Celts.

... y T is rare and widespread, and imho some of the Ts joined a variety of populations,

The other y Haplogroups moved around in larger numbers, so they are easier to assign to ancient civilizations, some y Ts might have joined those Haplogroups when they were passing by.

All the rest of my ancestry was Celtic and Saxon/Scandinavian. But I had a tiny sliver of DNA titled "Balari" and I looked it up and they were a Nuragic people. And my YDNA is Haplogroup T1a2... My father is from the Netherlands and my mother is from Ireland. Where did this come from? Did it come through the steppe? Is it from farmers? Is it from later people like Carthaginians or Romans? I am really weirded out that I got such a rare and strange haplogroup

I am also part of the T1a2 branch

as per this tree below
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/23/Phylogenetic_T-M184_tree.png

see bottom left for T1a2 group

There are not many branches of T1a2 in the Levant or Africa.......last time I checked though was a few years ago and then it was T1a2-pages113 which was in the area you mentioned

who did you test with

I have reddish brown hair (curly blonde as a kid) pale skin and blue eyes and a quite "northern" face in fact I was expecting to get R1b or I1/I2 but instead its T1a... sorry for bumping

do not bother with hair or eye colour .............most haplogroups cover most scenarios for hair and eyes

one of my grandsons has blonde curly hair and grey/blue eyes.................his brother has black curly hair and green eyes

my grandfather has the same hair as yourself ( usually called chestnut colour ) and green eyes

I was born blonde straight haired and green eyes

Both my sons have blue eyes...oldest blonde, second black hair , both straight hair

so........do not concern yourself with hair or eye colours

T1a2 came via haplogroup LT.......42000 years ago
and
before this, it came from
haplogroup K-M9 ........this group also has haplogroups R1a, R1b, N, O

the I1 and !2 haplogroups are further away from T1a2

IMO

your branch came from South Central Asia ............most likely east side of the Caspian sea ..........it is the only place we can link with that K-M9 group with haplgroups R1a, R1b etc

your group has these SNP

[h=2]Y Haplogroup T1a2b1a[/h] Public
Y Haplogroup

CTS3767, CTS11984, CTS54, CTS1774, CTS6312, CTS6769, CTS7303, CTS8618, CTS8625, CTS8855, CTS9603, CTS11753, PH388, SK1478

I suggest you join MyHeritage .....it is free.......you only need to put your name as the tree

then upload your DNA data into myheritage ( I think it is still free ) and then you can get an ethnic ancestry result ................if you are interested in this area

you will then get people you match .................avoid low confidence ones......medium confidence are 50-50 in accuracy and the blank means high confidence , which for me is 95% accurate

this is my breakup
Europe
Italian 70.2%

Italy (Veneto and Lombardy)

Balkan 15.6%

Irish, Scottish, and Welsh 14.2%

I have found links with dutch and british people like yourself ............

Welcome @ConfusedCelt, I am also part of this rare group but like @Torzio and @Salento I am further downstream. Still, us four are all part of T1a2b1a-CTS11984 (or other equivalent SNP names). Is your paternal line from the Netherlands? Which part? There are many of our group from Germany, Italy, and the Isles.

Sorry I am trying to quote people but it says I cant post links

I believe that my dads family comes from Limburg, its actually quite old and we have family records going back to the crusades

Sorry I am trying to quote people but it says I cant post links

I believe that my dads family comes from Limburg, its actually quite old and we have family records going back to the crusades

No worries, it takes a bit of time before you can quote and post pictures. Thanks for the info. What company did you test through? Are you on Family Tree DNA?

Hello! Please tell me about the haplogroup T1a2b (T-446). I passed the DNA test in Russia, and upload results to FTDNA, but there is very little information on the Internet, and I am not very versed in this theme.
And what analysis can I pass to find out in more detail information about my origin and possible relatives?
At FTDNA my test shows that I'm 41% west slavic, 31% east slavic and 28% baltic. Thank you!

Hello! Please tell me about the haplogroup T1a2b (T-446). I passed the DNA test in Russia, and upload results to FTDNA, but there is very little information on the Internet, and I am not very versed in this theme.
And what analysis can I pass to find out in more detail information about my origin and possible relatives?
At FTDNA my test shows that I'm 41% west slavic, 31% east slavic and 28% baltic. Thank you!

welcome

There are 3 of us here with the line T1a2b-L446 .................we all go to T1a2b-Z19945 or beyond

what is your Ftdna number ID ........as I match someone from Estonia/Latvia ..............as well as a Pole from Pommeria ...............also many Germans, Belgium, Italians, and British

T-L446 Mesolithic Europe
T-CTS933 Mesolithic Italy
T-Z19945 Bronze Age Italy
T-BY143483 Roman Era Italy
T-SK1480 Modern Italy

XRsJKFf.jpg

http://scaledinnovation.com/gg/snpTracker.html

I am Y-DNA T-L446. FTDNA has my ethnic breakdown as Central Europe (Germany?) 47%; England, Wales, and Scotland 34%; Ireland 13%; and Scandinavia 6%. Fascinating to find others with the same Y-DNA. Our ancestors traveled far and wide. A few years ago I participated in a DNA study that identified me as ethnically German. Nice to meet everyone. I am wondering if any data identifies our origin. Thanks

I am Y-DNA T-L446. FTDNA has my ethnic breakdown as Central Europe (Germany?) 47%; England, Wales, and Scotland 34%; Ireland 13%; and Scandinavia 6%. Fascinating to find others with the same Y-DNA. Our ancestors traveled far and wide. A few years ago I participated in a DNA study that identified me as ethnically German. Nice to meet everyone. I am wondering if any data identifies our origin. Thanks

there are 3 of us here with T-L446 ( you make 4 ) .............did you test with Ftdna ? or others

The last discussion I had a year ago with the ftdna T project team state, they think the split of T1a1, T1a2 and T1a3 branch occurred in modern Azeri lands ( on the caspian sea side )

Who do you match with ?

Is this you ? N57535 ...............there are 4 other ID in Ftdna with your name

This thread has been viewed 10437 times.

Back