I have spent most of the last week calculating the the average values for the K12b admixtures for most of the ancient genomes tested to date. I thank Jovialis for providing me the genomes converted in the right format to run the K12b on Admixture-Studio. You will find the table in the page Genomic analysis of ancient Europeans. I provided an introduction on how to interpret the K12b admixtures.

The purpose of this page is to provide average values for various ancient European populations, which can be used by anyone who has tested their genome to compare their own admixture with these modals on Vahaduo. Averages for a given (historical or modern) population are more useful and representative than individual results due to the potentially high level of interpersonal variations in a society.

This is a good alternative to MyTrueAncestry. In fact, I have found the K12b admixtures to be considerably more reliable than the genetic distance computed by MyTrueAncestry. For example when comparing the Corded Ware genomes with modern population, K12b gives Poles, Russians and Belarussians as the closest matches to the western Corded Ware (Germany) and Finns, Karelians and Estonians for the eastern Corded Ware. In contrast, the closest matches on MyTrueAncestry were the British, Irish and Dutch for the western Corded Ware, which does not make much sense as it was an R1a-dominant culture and the Brits, Irish and Dutch are all R1b-dominant and descended from the Bell Beaker and Unetice.

I also found many inconsistencies in MyTrueAncestry for the results of Medieval Germanic tribes. The closest match to the 6th-century Ostrogoths were the Swedes and English. Yet the 6th-century Ostrogoths were already mixed with Huns and Balkans people. The K12b admixtures give a more probable match to modern Hungarians, Austrians, Slovenes and Croats.

So if you want reliable ancient matches, I would urge you to trust more Dodecad K12b than MyTrueAncestry.