Cheddar Man and Me?

lescoyi

Reaction score
Y-DNA haplogroup
I-FT19948
mtDNA haplogroup
U5b1b1-T16192C!
My True Ancestry state that I share 26.37cM dna with 'Cheddar Man' over 2 chromosomes. His mtDNA U5b1, mine U5b1b1-T16192C! these are 7150 BC approx remains! This cannot be, can it?

Very doubtful indeed. Anyway, My True Ancestry does not really scan and compare all base pairs with all ancient genomes. That would take weeks to compute and users get their results in just a few minutes.

Thanks for reply. Yes, though the haplogroups have a connection, so I assume there is some extremely distant relationship. For them to quote a cM amount is ridiculous, considering they would have had to do a full sequence scan on my uploaded file.

I'm not a member there, just uploaded my dna to have a curious look last year. That result wasn't instant, took some months to show up in my free sample results. Thanks again.

My True Ancestry state that I share 26.37cM dna with 'Cheddar Man' over 2 chromosomes. His mtDNA U5b1, mine U5b1b1-T16192C! these are 7150 BC approx remains! This cannot be, can it?

Just to look into it, if You are on GEDMATCH, 'Cheddar Man' has a Kit over there still I believe (#NW6414429). You can run autosomal one to one with full resolution, Use B38 as presentation setting and SNP window try 25 for an ancient Sample and use 3 CM as the minimum CM and size of SNP.

Just to look into it, if You are on GEDMATCH, 'Cheddar Man' has a Kit over there still I believe (#NW6414429). You can run autosomal one to one with full resolution, Use B38 as presentation setting and SNP window try 25 for an ancient Sample and use 3 CM as the minimum CM and size of SNP.

@PT
you should try T947885 Ostuni-1 Gravettian (Delia, I think), a 24.000+ years old Italian (Ostuni - Puglia - Salento)

sHZJVVG.gif

mtDNA:
Ostuni1 M
Ostuni2 U2

.... they're both Females

regardless, ... you're still related to Cheddar Man through your Haplogroup.

if you had a long enough maternal family tree, you'd reach him :)

Salento: Ostuni1 autosomal 1 to 1 comparison. Thanks for that information, I did not know this Italian_Puglia Hunter Gather was on GEDMATCH.

AdH9H4B.jpg

Mezpsl1.jpg

I totally missed that Ostuni1 Kit, I think. I skimmed through that thread and I don't remember running it.

... there were also Hunter-Gatherers in Southern Italy (and Neanderthals), ... though somehow nobody talks about it, ... but me :)

... there were also Hunter-Gatherers in Southern Italy (and Neanderthals), ... though somehow nobody talks about it, ... but me :)

No doubt and you are correct, Altamura Man is a really cool find. I am hoping that his DNA will be successfully sequenced. Yes, those WHG were in Puglia around 25-27KBC and by a around 13,000 BC were in NW Sicily, the Favignana. Of course they could have been there earlier, but that is the oldest WHG in Sicily that has been found. The time between Ostuni_1 from Puglia and Sicilian_WHG is 11 to 13K years. A quick comparison between Sicilian WHG and the 3 Mesolithic HG from Abruzzo are very close, which I think someone has noted before.

Distance to:I2158_Late_Upper_Paleolithic_Sicilian_hunter_gatherer_
2.29211693R11_Abruzzo_Mesolithic_Hunter-Gatherer_Italy
2.33450209R7_Abruzzo_Mesolithic_Hunter-Gatherer_Italy
9.82110483R15_Abruzzo_Mesolithic_Hunter-Gatherer_Italy

I was on Gedmatch but left because of all the security issues with them. But, thanks for the information. I will investigate this and see how things are there now. Thanks for replying.

oops ... wrong thread :)
deleted

Delia was 20 years old, and eight months pregnant,
she was 5' 7" (1.70 m), with a muscular build (Hunter-gatherer), ... an athlete's body :)

Delia was 20 years old, and eight months pregnant,
she was 5' 7" (1.70 m), with a muscular build (Hunter-gatherer), ... an athlete's body :)

1.7 meters in height, in those times, represents a very tall person, compared to medieval times, especially for a woman.

One of the biggest surprises of my life was discovering the miniature size of the armors and clothing of the powerful medieval knights on display in museums in both France and Britain. I wondered how an average adult man could fit inside those minimal clothes. :unsure:

This thread has been viewed 7408 times.

Back