Near Eastern/North African ancestry in a Bell Beaker individual from Northeastern Eng

Gaska

Banned
Reaction score
Y-DNA haplogroup
R1b-Df27
mtDNA haplogroup
T2b3e
"The Bronze Age individual from Low Hauxley clustered closest with European Late Neolithic/Bronze Age individuals-However, admixture analysis showed that, although the highest proportions of ancestry were comparable to Late Neolithic/Bronze Age Europeans, he also had a small portion of shared ancestry with modern Near Eastern/North Africans".

The genetic similarity and shared association to the Bell Beaker culture between the reported individuals from Iberia (Olalde et al. in review) and the Bronze Age individual from Low Hauxley, England, suggests long-distance migrations of Bronze Age individuals. The North African component of the Low Hauxley individual suggests an ancestry-link to North Africa through Iberia, and supports the cultural connection between Iberia and Britain during the Bronze Age,

Kurganist dogma has been saying for years that the Britain BBs were exactly the same as the Dutch. Yet several of the early British have hardly any percentage of steppe blood, and now we have a northerner with North African blood. This is not an isolated case, the BB culture reached in its commercial exchanges the north of Morocco, Sicily, Sardinia, Liguria, Occitania, Aquitaine, the British Isles, the Atlantic façade. In the Eastern domain they reached Csepel Island and in Poland an African Mit Hap has appeared. Also in Spain and Sardinia have appeared two cases of Africans buried with typical grave goods of the BB culture.

Traders ?, warriors ?, slaves? exogamy in relation to women?, what were these African men and women doing in mainland europe? It is true that their number is very low but they are a proof of the commercial exchanges (ostrich eggs, African and Asian ivory, Sicilian amber, etc.) and of the genetic mix, because undoubtedly this British BB has African blood through his father or his mother

Gaska, I don' think your Kourganists forged some fairy tales about Britan BB and The Netherlands BB, if they did it for other stories, but it seems to me that the most of them were very close, what doesn't exclude some individuals were very far fromt this bulk, it isn't so surprising about BB's who were very exogame and great travellers.

Look at the PCA of Olalde.

In fact, first Britain BB's had contacts as well with Iberia (through the important place of Brittany) as with the Netherlands and other places of NW Europe. Later, the Atlantic Bronze confirms these contacts with Iberia. I wonder if in this case, the Y'R1b-L21 (strong in Brittany, and not always coming from Britain) branch was not the principal actor ?(look at the R1b L21 distribution in Iberia). Contacts, not by force direct, with North-Africa is not a so surprising thing, archeology confirms it. But its gives us still no clue about first BB's and their link with Y-R1b-L51 and then P312... Fuzzy story.

Gaska, I don' think your Kourganists forged some fairy tales about Britan BB and The Netherlands BB, if they did it for other stories, but it seems to me that the most of them were very close, what doesn't exclude some individuals were very far fromt this bulk, it isn't so surprising about BB's who were very exogame and great travellers.

Look at the PCA of Olalde.

In fact, first Britain BB's had contacts as well with Iberia (through the important place of Brittany) as with the Netherlands and other places of NW Europe. Later, the Atlantic Bronze confirms these contacts with Iberia. I wonder if in this case, the Y'R1b-L21 (strong in Brittany, and not always coming from Britain) branch was not the principal actor ?(look at the R1b L21 distribution in Iberia). Contacts, not by force direct, with North-Africa is not a so surprising thing, archeology confirms it. But its gives us still no clue about first BB's and their link with Y-R1b-L51 and then P312... Fuzzy story.

Regarding L21, you are right. My nephews (whose family comes from Guipuzcoa) are L21 and in that province 20% of the men belong to that lineage. I don't know if those percentages are shared with the Basque-French (Gascony) or if their origin is Brittany but everything indicates that the Guipuzcoans are the most French of the Spaniards (which is not surprising given the proximity).

The Atlantic façade is fundamental to understand the western megalithic culture and the diffusion of the Bb culture. There is no doubt that the French colonized to some extent the British Isles (just check the uniparental markers between the French and the British Neolithic). There were also Iberian migrations related to the megaliths and the BB culture.

Nobody can argue the genetic affinity between the British and the Dutch BBs. But the Dutch samples used are very modern (more than the British except one case). The example I have given is in the PhD thesis of K. Dulias and serves to understand that the genetic relationships were very complex and that many small migrations took place. Of course, the diffusion of the BB culture was a typical Iberian issue in its beginnings. The case of Low Hauxley proves it

I've been working up a DF27 post to highlight the timing of a large migration into Britain and Iberia of the same tribe. This doesn't surprise me as I think a coastal continuity from Iberia along the Atlantic coast to Belgium/Netherlands/or even Denmark or Norway was present before later movements shook up the population.

This thread has been viewed 4031 times.

Back