Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum
Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
Results 476 to 500 of 618

Thread: "WOKE" America

  1. #476
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    15-11-21
    Posts
    33


    Country: Italy



    @Angela
    I don't see what mistake would we be repeating, Italy is no longer a country of starved illiterate people swayed by fascinations of war or repressive regimes, quite the contrary. I also don't see what policies you are referring to, in fact I was so perplexed at the level of misunderstanding and misrepresentation of her policies in this thread that I felt the need to dust off this account and write a brief reply. All her statements so far are in line with what she campaigned and she isn't even President yet, when and if she is nominated in a couple of weeks we might see how coherent she is with her campaign.

    I find these accusations of collaborator families levelled at strangers in 2022 to be extremely puzzling and anachronistic, ultimately I see them a sign of not having a proper grasp on the dynamics of modern Italian society.

  2. #477
    Elite member
    Join Date
    23-02-15
    Location
    Groningen
    Posts
    1,897

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    E1b1b/ E-V22

    Ethnic group
    NW Euro
    Country: Netherlands



    Quote Originally Posted by Jovialis View Post
    NORTHERNER, Where do these violent ANTIFA Domestic Terrorists fall on your pyramid? Are you going to defend their behavior?
    They fall in the same category as every ideological hardliner, like you but then most probably from some kind of alt right.
    Alt right or hard boiled left same attitude. It's no coincidental that someone like Mussolini turned from deep red to deep swarth.

    I guess the core of horseshoe theory is right:

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horseshoe_theory

  3. #478
    Advisor Jovialis's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-05-17
    Posts
    7,854

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1b2a2a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b7

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States



    Quote Originally Posted by Northener View Post
    They fall in the same category as every ideological hardliner, like you but then most probably from some kind of alt right.
    Alt right or hard boiled left same attitude. It's no coincidental that someone like Mussolini turned from deep red to deep swarth.

    I guess the core of horseshoe theory is right:

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horseshoe_theory
    Like me... I've never and never will commit political violence. 9 times out of 10 it is a left-winger that will commit political violence. Lucky for them it is state-sanctioned, because they receive zero consequences. That's why they do it, because they're cowards, who know that they will be let of the hook.

  4. #479
    Elite member
    Join Date
    23-02-15
    Location
    Groningen
    Posts
    1,897

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    E1b1b/ E-V22

    Ethnic group
    NW Euro
    Country: Netherlands



    Quote Originally Posted by Jovialis View Post
    Like me... I've never and never will commit political violence. 9 times out of 10 it is a left-winger that will commit political violence. Lucky for them it is state-sanctioned, because they receive zero consequences. That's why they do it, because they're cowards, who know that they will be let of the hook.
    I will not suspect you of violence certainly not! But I can actual see that you do argue like an ideological hardliner: seeing people as an extension of an alleged ideology, ad hominem, naming and shaming, puking people out personally it is not strange to you. This can easily shown by some quotes of you. So when you use this I will- with permission- not react.

  5. #480
    Advisor Jovialis's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-05-17
    Posts
    7,854

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1b2a2a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b7

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States



    Quote Originally Posted by Northener View Post
    I will not suspect you of violence certainly not! But I can actual see that you do argue like an ideological hardliner: seeing people as an extension of an alleged ideology, ad hominem, naming and shaming, puking people out personally it is not strange to you. This can easily shown by some quotes of you. So when you use this I will- with permission- not react.
    It is time to lower the temperature... Believe it or not, I don't dislike you. In fact, I think you're a pretty smart guy. We just disagree on a number of things. But you know what, that's fine with me. Because I believe in tolerance. I don't agree, but I tolerate your view. On top of that, I will be the first to apologize for any disrespectful remarks.

  6. #481
    Advisor Jovialis's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-05-17
    Posts
    7,854

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1b2a2a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b7

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States



    I think the issue most often is conflating these lunatics, like the one in the video, with sensible people who just happen to have overlapping opinions. All of this is a waste of our energy for the most part.

  7. #482
    Elite member
    Join Date
    23-02-15
    Location
    Groningen
    Posts
    1,897

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    E1b1b/ E-V22

    Ethnic group
    NW Euro
    Country: Netherlands



    Quote Originally Posted by Jovialis View Post
    It is time to lower the temperature... Believe it or not, I don't dislike you. In fact, I think you're a pretty smart guy. We just disagree on a number of things. But you know what, that's fine with me. Because I believe in tolerance. I don't agree, but I tolerate your view. On top of that, I will be the first to apologize for any disrespectful remarks.
    Ok but be aware you use lots of ad hominems.

    Nevermind the murders, rapes, economic decline, riots, arsons, criminals that get a slap on the wrist for it, the families and people destroyed in the process etc committed by people who subscribe to your beliefs.


    You disgust me, your ignorance is a disgrace!
    I think there is a distinction between a 'believe' and a person. I don't see them as one. You obviously do. And you seem to know my beliefs. Imo you know nothing about North European Social Democracy, that is in the US an unknown phenomenon always badly understood. Besides that I am not the social democracy, I have my autonomy!

    You disgust me is very emotional and on the person, at least in my culture.

    Thank you for your time comrade.
    Comrad is communist. Ok a joke. But how would ypu react if I stated back "ave" of "heil" with a stretched right arm, because that equals to me the word comrade.

    Cry me a river. Get over it, or don't I could care less TBH.
    Also ad hominem.

    All well Jovialis I hate litanie etc but don't state you never use ad hominems or naming.....

  8. #483
    Advisor Jovialis's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-05-17
    Posts
    7,854

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1b2a2a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b7

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States



    Quote Originally Posted by Northener View Post
    Ok but be aware you use lots of ad hominems.



    Translation: you are responsible for my beliefs. I think there is a distinction between a believe of something and a person. I don't see them as one. Ypu obviously do. And you seem to know my beliefs. Imo you know nothing about North European Social Democracy, that is in the US an unknown phenomenon always badly understood. Besides that I am not the social democracy, I have my autonomy!

    You disgust me is very emotional and on the person, at least in my culture.



    Comrad is communist. Ok a joke. But how would ypu react if I stated back "ave" of "heil" with a stretched right arm, because that equals to me the word comrade.


    Also ad hominem.

    All well Jovialis I hate litanie etc but don't state you never use ad hominems or naming.....
    Okay, but you know nothing of the United States, or the political atmosphere here, outside of what you hear from a very left-leaning media. You can disagree about that, but I live here. I am educated here. I was born here, and raised here. I have been deep into politics before I was into genetics. One of my majors was U.S. Political Science. Therefore, I find it to be extremely annoying when a foreigner with a limited scope tries to lecture me.

    I am not going to take the time to re-litigate the past, but there are many rude comments you have made. You are not without sin, I can assure you. Offenses have been made towards me by you.

    I hope you are not snubbing my peace offering, because in my culture, yes we are impassioned, but I can be cold and calculating in revenge. I am trying not to be your enemy.

    That being said, let us move on.

  9. #484
    Elite member
    Join Date
    23-02-15
    Location
    Groningen
    Posts
    1,897

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    E1b1b/ E-V22

    Ethnic group
    NW Euro
    Country: Netherlands



    Quote Originally Posted by Jovialis View Post
    Okay, but you know nothing of the United States, or the political atmosphere here, outside of what you hear from a very left-leaning media. You can disagree about that, but I live here. I am educated here. I was born here, and raised here. I have been deep into politics before I was into genetics. One of my majors was U.S. political Science. Therefore, I find it to be extremely annoying when a foreigner with a limited scope tries to lecture me.

    I am not going to take the time to re-litigate the past, but there are many rude comments you have made. You are not without sin, I can assure you. Offenses have been made towards me by you.

    I hope you are not snubbing my peace offering, because in my culture, yes we are impassioned, but I can be cold and calculating in revenge.

    That being said, let us move on.
    In one thing is may be Angela right about me I'm typical North Dutch so argumentative, critical, stubborn, with a more or less calvinistic attitude (although my family was originally catholic but ok the culture here is pretty Calvinistic).

    Why I don't easily get from specific Italians is that-imo repeat imo- it easliy get personal and emotional very fast offended. At least that is very often the impression I get. If I would do this in my region people shake their head or don't take you serious any longer, because this means you are losing temper and that is seen as a bad sign....how differentiated cultures can be!

    But be asure I can be short, without much words or egard, but really I always aim the bal not the man. Really you don't get me fast losing my temper in that sense....And agree I'm not a saint. But I try to keep it on the bal not on the man.

    But correct me If I'm wrong where did I made the 'mistake' to play the man, really show, so I can learn. But sometimes the cultural codes can be so different that I think I play just the ball....but someone can think he gets personal.

  10. #485
    Elite member
    Join Date
    23-02-15
    Location
    Groningen
    Posts
    1,897

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    E1b1b/ E-V22

    Ethnic group
    NW Euro
    Country: Netherlands



    Quote Originally Posted by Jovialis View Post
    Okay, but you know nothing of the United States, or the political atmosphere here, outside of what you hear from a very left-leaning media. You can disagree about that, but I live here. I am educated here. I was born here, and raised here. I have been deep into politics before I was into genetics. One of my majors was U.S. Political Science. Therefore, I find it to be extremely annoying when a foreigner with a limited scope tries to lecture me.

    I am not going to take the time to re-litigate the past, but there are many rude comments you have made. You are not without sin, I can assure you. Offenses have been made towards me by you.

    I hope you are not snubbing my peace offering, because in my culture, yes we are impassioned, but I can be cold and calculating in revenge. I am trying not to be your enemy.

    That being said, let us move on.
    And with regard to the US, your right in that sense you are living in the US, so you are on the ground. Makes it differentiated. Nevertheless I try to read and see as much as I can about the US politics too. Fascinating! And I read right wing as left wing papers and magazine.

    But as I sometimes think your 'yeah right', for example about the Morgenthau of Malaparte for Germany, that's really not the case here in Europe....I can imagine that also can be reverse the case.

    And in some sense I lost the sense with the US when it comes to the deep trenches in the US, the q-anon, deep state, conspiracy type a thing, I sincerely don't get it.

    But it stays fascinating!

  11. #486
    Elite member
    Join Date
    23-02-15
    Location
    Groningen
    Posts
    1,897

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    E1b1b/ E-V22

    Ethnic group
    NW Euro
    Country: Netherlands



    Quote Originally Posted by Jovialis View Post
    I hope you are not snubbing my peace offering, because in my culture, yes we are impassioned, but I can be cold and calculating in revenge. I am trying not to be your enemy.
    Just for fun:
    https://directdutch.com/2014/10/ten-...out-the-dutch/

    7. Dutch assertiveness

    Dutch assertiveness can come across as rude (onbeschoft / lomp) and sometimes even a bit aggressive. If you are not good at sticking up for yourself, you can easily become the victim in a conflict. Having at least one Dutch friend, male or female, can be handy!
    8. Anyone can criticise anyone

    Dutch organisations have a flat structure. This means you can, and will, be criticised by anyone in the company, from the boss to the trainee.In general the Dutch are not ashamed when a mistake is pointed out to them (“Bedankt, dat je me op deze fout wijst”). They see this as a chance to correct the mistake and to learn.It might be painful at first, but showing you can take criticism is considered a great virtue here.


  12. #487
    Advisor Jovialis's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-05-17
    Posts
    7,854

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1b2a2a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b7

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States



    Quote Originally Posted by Northener View Post
    And with regard to the US, your right in that sense you are living in the US, so you are on the ground. Makes it differentiated. Nevertheless I try to read and see as much as I can about the US politics too. Fascinating! And I read right wing as left wing papers and magazine.

    But as I sometimes think your 'yeah right', for example about the Morgenthau of Malaparte for Germany, that's really not the case here in Europe....I can imagine that also can be reverse the case.

    And in some sense I lost the sense with the US when it comes to the deep trenches in the US, the q-anon, deep state, conspiracy type a thing, I sincerely don't get it.

    But it stays fascinating!
    My opinion of Germany and the EU, is that you are vassals of the U.S. Neo-Con/Neo-Liberal-run state.

    But don't feel bad, because the people who rule this country would probably like to forever silence people like me.

  13. #488
    Advisor Jovialis's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-05-17
    Posts
    7,854

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1b2a2a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b7

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States



    Quote Originally Posted by Jovialis View Post
    Lizzo (who ever the hell that is) plays James Madison's 200 year old crystal flute; twerks on stage...

    https://www.thefader.com/2022/09/28/...-madison-flute

    Who in the hell allowed this to happen?

    This is an appalling mockery of American history... Which I believe is ultimately the point.
    Funny thing about Lizzo is that she is all over the Peloton music playlists. But she is also one of those body-positive fat power extremists.
    Last edited by Jovialis; 02-10-22 at 11:49.

  14. #489
    Elite member
    Join Date
    23-02-15
    Location
    Groningen
    Posts
    1,897

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    E1b1b/ E-V22

    Ethnic group
    NW Euro
    Country: Netherlands



    Quote Originally Posted by Jovialis View Post
    My opinion of Germany and the EU, is that you are vassals of the U.S. Neo-Con/Neo-Liberal-run state.

    But don't feel bad, because the people who rule this country would probably like to forever silence people like me.
    Thanks for the comment from Canada ;)

    I'm Dutch!

    One thing in my country is that freedom of speech is a core thing. You don't have to be silent.

    With regard to the US, our declaration of independence stood model for the US one, tribute of the former US president:



    And not so long ago it looked like the reverse....we do have a long memory ;)


  15. #490
    Advisor Jovialis's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-05-17
    Posts
    7,854

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1b2a2a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b7

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States



    Quote Originally Posted by Jovialis View Post
    FBI whistleblower: Counterterrorism cases against alleged right-wing extremists mostly ‘entrapment’
    The FBI’s counterterrorism investigations targeting suspected White supremacists and right-wing extremists are mostly “entrapment” operations, a former agent involved in those cases told The Washington Times.
    The startling accusation came from Kyle Seraphin, an FBI agent of six years who was recently suspended by the bureau. He worked in multiple field offices in the counterterrorism division and conducted investigations of suspected domestic extremism and White supremacist plots over the past few years.


    “My team was deployed to 20 or 25 different high-profile, national terrorism organization or terrorism investigations between 2018 and 2021. And what I saw, as the most obvious statement, is that there are three things about counterterrorism investigations:
    “No. 1, the demand for White supremacy vastly outstrips the supply of White supremacy. No. 2, the FBI’s playbook when it comes to counterterrorism investigations is always and unequivocally morally equivalent to entrapment, even if there’s a legal definition that allows them to skirt that.” Mr. Seraphin said.FBI whistleblower: Counterterrorism cases against alleged right-wing extremists mostly 'entrapment' - Washington Times
    30 ex-FBI agents stand up to support whistleblower who exposed bias (nypost.com)

  16. #491
    Advisor Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    21,565


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    I never thought I'd see the day that they'd completely corrupt the FBI.


    Non si fa il proprio dovere perchè qualcuno ci dica grazie, lo si fa per principio, per se stessi, per la propria dignità. Oriana Fallaci

  17. #492
    Advisor Jovialis's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-05-17
    Posts
    7,854

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1b2a2a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b7

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States



    Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    I never thought I'd see the day that they'd completely corrupt the FBI.
    It is a shame, but thankfully some people are brave enough to step forward.

  18. #493
    Advisor Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    21,565


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    1 members found this post helpful.
    I've made my reservations about Giorgia Meloni's past associations plain, but it's unconscionable that a youtube video of a clip from one of her speeches from 2019, which hit over 20 million views in 24 hours, was taken down by youtube.

    After some push back from conservatives, youtube "relented", and someone has put it up again, but minus, of course, the data which shows it reached that 20M number in 24 hours.



    The assaults on freedom of expression have to stop, and if it requires a Republican Congress to impose consequences on companies like twitter, you tube etc.,so be it.

    This is the entire speech. She certainly can fire up the crowd, more than the non-entities who usually run for office in Italy.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qWwUUh1P_k

  19. #494
    Advisor Jovialis's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-05-17
    Posts
    7,854

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1b2a2a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b7

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States



    YouTube is a political tool of the Democrats. You can bet they don't like Meloni, because she's not lickspittle like the other EU "leaders".

  20. #495
    Advisor Jovialis's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-05-17
    Posts
    7,854

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1b2a2a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b7

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States



    I am very happy for a moratorium on legal and illegal immigration to Italy. As well as a naval blockade around Italy to stop people from breaking into the country. I disagree with the sentiment of the following article. I am not afraid to say I don't want ethnic Italians to be replaced by others within Italy. If that's what other people want in their country, than go for it. But you have no right to force the Italian peoples to disappear from existence. It is an existential threat, and it should be the number 1 priority.


    https://www.google.com/amp/s/abcnews...%3fid=90916653

  21. #496
    Advisor Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    21,565


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    2 members found this post helpful.
    Giorgia Meloni to Macron:

    That's what's called rhetorical skill combined with passion. Helps that it's all absolutely true.

    About time an Italian politician told it like it is, and told France and Germany where to go.

  22. #497
    Elite member
    Join Date
    23-02-15
    Location
    Groningen
    Posts
    1,897

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    E1b1b/ E-V22

    Ethnic group
    NW Euro
    Country: Netherlands



    Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    This is the entire speech. She certainly can fire up the crowd, more than the non-entities who usually run for office in Italy.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qWwUUh1P_k
    Not my cup of tea I get the impression she almost choked on her own agitated anger.

  23. #498
    Advisor Jovialis's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-05-17
    Posts
    7,854

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1b2a2a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b7

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States



    Hochul will win over Lee Zeldin. Because Zeldin is a weak and pathetic candidate that is unlikable. His campaign has been so flaccid in comparison to the rethoric aimed at him. There's such a wealth of information he could have used to inspire people to remove Hochul. But he and campaign are too softcore to speak the truth. Alvin Bragg will continue to turn NYC into a cesspool of disorder. All these stupid people who complain yet vote Democrat will get what they deserve.

  24. #499
    Advisor Jovialis's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-05-17
    Posts
    7,854

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1b2a2a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b7

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States



    2 members found this post helpful.
    When my mother and father pass away (hopefully 100 years from now) I would like to move my family away from the New York Metropolitan area. This place has become too disturbing in its transformation. It is beyond fixing, because we have been inundated by the scum of the earth. Maybe even move out of this country, if it even survives. USA will die a slow death like the USSR.

  25. #500
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    23-05-21
    Posts
    349


    Ethnic group
    southern EUROPEAN
    Country: Spain



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jovialis View Post
    I am very happy for a moratorium on legal and illegal immigration to Italy. As well as a naval blockade around Italy to stop people from breaking into the country.
    The only solution is to arrest and illegalize the NGOs and collaborators.

    They can't have any sort of help in land. Those travels are imposible to make without all the legal support and transport networks...

Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •