Politics "WOKE" America

Another kkkommunist move by the enlightened Dutch, and now Turdeau in my country.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europ...itrogen-pollution-farmers-protest-2022-06-10/

I don't know if I'm enlightened or not, what I do know is that the US making themselves a lame duck. Also with a former president that spills around with security stuff. What a soap.

Of course I'm an outsider in this but I could act if I didn't care, but I do because the US is crucial in defending democratic values. If the US is going to be a lame duck the floor is to Xi and Putin and such like:unsure:

:amazed:Yes, indeed, our politicians have people thrown out of hospital windows for criticizing them. It's just like Putin's Russia.:LOL:

No not yet.

But deny an election result....unwillingness to transfer power peacefully.

And if the former president had succeed in throwing the vice president out of the Capitol windows by the mob I don't know if the differences would be that big by now.

I think you could praise that some checks and balances did work and that some- especially in the military- staid cool and sincere....

No not yet.
And if the former president had succeed in throwing the vice president out of the Capitol windows by the mob I don't know if the differences would be that big by now.
I think you could praise that some checks and balances di work that some- especially in the military- staid cool and sincere....
You seem to take the liberal/democrat narrative 100% to their word. But when you actually live in this country, and live in a Democrat run state/county/city, you know that the fake duality of "good verses evil" is not the case. Frankly, most successful people who vote Democrat usually admit that the egalitarian rethoric is nothing but bread and games/lip-service for the lower-intellects. They think of it as akin to the populist rethoric. It's just motivation for the masses to get out the vote. Most successful liberals don't want to live anywhere near the poor minorities they pretend to care about. A lot of liberals who eventually have children usually become more conservative, especially after seeing the crap they teach in school now.

A question to Americans, how was life in terms of quality under Trump compared to Biden?
Good question. As a Canadian I also wonder the difference. The land of milk and honey, a new movie is coming out.

Living in a red State in the united States is different than living in a blue state. It just is. There have been no riots no, civil emergency, but we have inflation for the trillion dollar Republican package passed under republican administration but who cares Hillarys... I mean Hunters emails.....

The level of disingenuous rhetoric of my Senator Hawley and liberal coastal elitest thinking is astounding. As a liberal city dweller the vote in Kansas on the last referendum should be telling. Oh and why wouldn't they live near the most overlooked sections of the city, because they have the money to not live there but it hypocritical to have upward mobility because you must live your liberal values.... what b.s.

For me it comes down to this. Which side wants to ban books for young adult readers, insist we promote the narrative of white kids are snowflakes that can not fathom their own histories, instill Christian prayer is school, and deny female autonamy.

I want a movie on Jared and Ivanka...... c'mon 666 Fifth Avenue screams for at least a book

You seem to take the liberal/democrat narrative 100% to their word. But when you actually live in this country, and live in a Democrat run state/county/city, you know that the fake duality of "good verses evil" is not the case. Frankly, most successful people who vote Democrat usually admit that the egalitarian rethoric is nothing but bread and games/lip-service for the lower-intellects. They think of it as akin to the populist rethoric. It's just motivation for the masses to get out the vote. Most successful liberals don't want to live anywhere near the poor minorities they pretend to care about. A lot of liberals who eventually have children usually become more conservative, especially after seeing the crap they teach in school now.

No I'm in some sense pretty conservative, the constitution of the US, with his checks and balances is a masterpiece. Preserve it! It must not be torn apart by mob rule, called populist with demagogues in front of it. I'm much more Burke than you suppose.

No I'm in some sense pretty conservative, the constitution of the US, with his checks and balances is a masterpiece. Preserve it! It must not be torn apart by mob rule, called populist with demagogues in front of it. I'm much more Burke than you suppose.

I think the same should be applied to the far left. We should not stand for antifa/BLM riots, threatening judges, intimidation, or outsourcing dictatorship to woke mega corporations, etc.

I think the same should be applied to the far left. We should not stand for antifa/BLM riots, threatening judges, intimidation, or outsourcing dictatorship to woke mega corporations, etc.

I condemned woke already for being thought police. Not much to say about that.

It's a fact that the mob rule attack on the Capitol - the center of US politics- came very clear from Trump backed by a coalition of extreme right (the proud boys you name it).

I don't like populist mob rule not from the right not from the left. Brings nothing but misery.

Good question. As a Canadian I also wonder the difference. The land of milk and honey, a new movie is coming out.

Life was unquestionably better under Trump. If people vote based on economic issues they'll vote Republican.

If they're liberal culture warriors nothing will sway them from the Democrats, even if they become impoverished. Emotion is stronger than reason for a lot of people.

Democrats will vote Democrat, Republicans will vote Republican, and any election for President will be decided by a tiny sliver in the middle.

Congressional elections are different. If you believe most of the polls, the Republicans have it, if they don't fumble the ball at the end.

Let's face it.

All the world powers will soon be led by "strong men" (or women).

Most humans are just too lazy and greedy to truly fight for "democracy", however it's defined.

Let's face it.

All the world powers will soon be led by "strong men" (or women).

Most humans are just too lazy and greedy to truly fight for "democracy", however it's defined.

And what a joy it brings! Ukraine, Taiwan what's next....

Life was unquestionably better under Trump. If people vote based on economic issues they'll vote Republican.
If they're liberal culture warriors nothing will sway them from the Democrats, even if they become impoverished. Emotion is stronger than reason for a lot of people.
Democrats will vote Democrat, Republicans will vote Republican, and any election for President will be decided by a tiny sliver in the middle.
Congressional elections are different. If you believe most of the polls, the Republicans have it, if they don't fumble the ball at the end.
What about the old saying, you have your left wing and right wing, both belong to the same bird. Is it true that in the US(as in most places,), politicians can acquire a huge fortune? I also seen it out forth strict term limits (career politicians or multi generational families)or politicians should have to wear their sponsors on their clothing like Formula 1drivers----saying/,promising one thing for public votes, but being bought by the highest bidder when they get in office.

What about the old saying, you have your left wing and right wing, both belong to the same bird. Is it true that in the US(as in most places,), politicians can acquire a huge fortune? I also seen it out forth strict term limits (career politicians or multi generational families)or politicians should have to wear their sponsors on their clothing like Formula 1drivers----saying/,promising one thing for public votes, but being bought by the highest bidder when they get in office.

Absolutely. That's why I couldn't believe that the Democrats would put up Joe Biden, and that Americans would vote for him. He was known since the beginning as being a grifter, the epitome of the old, corrupt Irish politicos.

That's why some Americans, including me, prefer to vote for self-made men (or women), people who made their fortunes before they entered politics or even people who inherited wealth, if necessary. Problem is that they often don't know how to work within the political system. They can no longer just say: do that, and it gets done. They don't know how to manage the levers of power once they are elected.

FDR was the exception. I was taught to revere him; I no longer do. However, I learned to very much admire his political skills.

I suspect DeSantis will run and he's more likely to succeed than Trump. He's smarter at politics.

DeSantis from what I read is like Trump lite - culture war issues in Florida, like taking out CRT from school textbooks.

As long as Trump is still the kingmaker in the GOP De Santis has little chance imo. May be Trump developes himself more and more as pain in the ass of the GOP? It looks like if he has the grip on the GOP at the same time it's not even unthinkable he get's in jail. What weights stronger in the GOP, 'law and order' (classical theme of the right) or a nominee who doesn't care about rules?

Last edited:
No not yet.

I think you could praise that some checks and balances did work and that some- especially in the military- staid cool and sincere....

https://warontherocks.com/2022/09/t...d-best-practices-of-civil-military-relations/

As a matter of fact, it is ironic, because if Ilhan Omar went to some Islamic countries, they might abuse her for being a black Ethiopian. I don't think they really care what religion she is.

She is a Somali, born in Mogadishu to a father who was a head propagandist in the US backed Barre regime.

Another irony was that when I visited the Topkapi Palace in Istanbul, our guide told me that all of the white slaves were given to the men, but all of the black slaves were castrated and given to the women.

There's this fantasy in the west that all of the people of color are united against the oppressive whites. But the reality is that anti-black racism exists in the non-SSA/non-European countries and cultures too.

Another irony was that when I visited the Topkapi Palace in Istanbul, our guide told me that all of the white slaves were given to the men, but all of the black slaves were castrated and given to the women.

There's this fantasy in the west that all of the people of color are united against the oppressive whites. But the reality is that anti-black racism exists in the non-SSA/non-European countries and cultures too.

Slavery still exists in Saudi Arabia, and the slaves are largely Black Africans, but no one talks about it.

As for slavery in the Ottoman world, I once saw a document which listed the prices for female slaves. The European female captives were the most expensive, then Circassians, down the list to African women, who were the cheapest. Apparently, the children of the European and Circassian women were allowed to live, but many of the children of the African women were aborted or killed at birth.

Is that the fault of Europeans? Did they learn that from us? Is the blatant racism one can see in Korean or Japan the fault of Europeans?

Some of the coverage of Queen Elizabeth's death shows the same blindness. First of all, by the time she became Queen, the Empire was falling apart. She presided over its death, not its creation. Why blame her for it?

The mantra is that everything that has ever gone wrong with the former British colonies is Britain's fault. Strange how well the U.S., also a colony, has done. South Asian apologists insist the caste system was introduced by the British. That's absurd; it's been part of the religious and institutional history of South Asia since the arrival of steppe people. Likewise, the "colorism" which plagues India existed long before the British arrived, and in fact there's less colorism in the U.S. and Britain than in India. Not to mention that neither Pakistan nor India has a really functioning democracy. One is a backward theocracy, and the other just shifts power among a couple of families.

All of Africa is a complete disaster zone in every possible way. The people were infinitely better off under the British.

That's one place where the Neo-Cons went wrong: some people aren't capable of democracy. Indeed, they're not even capable of setting up a decent economy despite sitting on a wealth of raw materials. It's true even in Europe: all those millions of Russians are quite happy to live under a dictatorship. For how long have they ever NOT lived under authoritarian rule? A few years? That's why despite the disaster of the last year you don't hear a peep of protest.

As for slavery in the Ottoman world, I once saw a document which listed the prices for female slaves. The European female captives were the most expensive, then Circassians, down the list to African women, who were the cheapest. Apparently, the children of the European and Circassian women were allowed to live, but many of the children of the African women were aborted or killed at birth.

european females in general or just certain females with certain featuers from certain european populations? part of europe was ottoman and it took part in that slave trade too. perhaps even some of the non-ottoman parts. imo if there is no need to talk of "europeans" in general terms it should be avoided. that's one of the problems of woke americans. they don't get that there is no single entity called europe in history that attacked all the other people or was attacked by other people. it was constant war and enslavement inside europe itself.

The mantra is that everything that has ever gone wrong with the former British colonies is Britain's fault. Strange how well the U.S., also a colony, has done. South Asian apologists insist the caste system was introduced by the British. That's absurd; it's been part of the religious and institutional history of South Asia since the arrival of steppe people. Likewise, the "colorism" which plagues India existed long before the British arrived, and in fact there's less colorism in the U.S. and Britain than in India. Not to mention that neither Pakistan nor India has a really functioning democracy. One is a backward theocracy, and the other just shifts power among a couple of families.

All of Africa is a complete disaster zone in every possible way. The people were infinitely better off under the British.

the US people was made out of the british colonists themselves. they also created most of the country on their own. that is not the case in africa or near east/asia where the colonists and the people were not the same. a lot of the countries in these regions were also created by those foreign powers and not by the people who lived there themselves.
and perhaps it should be mentioned that certain western countries continued to meddle in the affairs of former colonies even to this day.

You may not know who Europeans are, but the people of other countries know who they are.

As for your clumsy allusion to pigmentation, i.e. "blondeness" to explain the premium put on European women for harems, not always, at least if the legend concerning the fate of the Empress Josephine's cousin, Aimee du Buc de Rivery is any indication. Certainly, it seems as if the members of the Bonaparte family, or those as we now know who believed themselves members of the family believed that indeed, Josephine's cousin was captured by corsairs on her way back to Martinique, and ultimately became the favorite of the Sultan and the mother of the succeeding Sultan, Nakşidil Sultan.

Only one small portrait is attributed to her. Whether it's accurate or not is impossible to tell.
Aimee-du-Buc-de-Rivery-Public-Domain-httpscommons.wikimedia.orgwindex.phpcurid336047.jpg

However, this is Josephine, her cousin, the most successful courtesan of her age, ultimately becoming Empress of the French.
446df1177e6863a52943eb6447ce5852.jpg

'

Her cousin may have been of a similar type, and indeed the girl in that little portrait resembles Josephine, despite the powdered hair.

This thread has been viewed 124710 times.

Back