North African E-v13 subclade ?

Could it be that it came with Vandals or Visigoths to North Africa?

My Autosomal is half East European (Mom),half North African (Dad), i presume that my Dad if from Mostly North African background, on my Dad side, no known recent European Ancestors (Pied-Noir) or earlier from Ottoman period or Andalusia.
It most likely Roman ,Greek or Binzantin or elder Bronze age heritage, i am E-Y138701*(E-BY4610*) carrier
On Yfull, all my matches are Iberians
On FTDNA haplotree, (E-BY4610) all my matches, an other Algerian is also basal E-Y138701*(E-BY4610*) :

since e-v13 is a european marker
if i would have to guess
it might have a relation to this :
Pied-Noir
p.s
afcorse in your case it could be that you are a descendennts of a roman soldier
or some other ancient source

My Autosomal is half East European (Mom),half North African (Dad), i presume that my Dad if from Mostly North African background, on my Dad side, no known recent European Ancestors (Pied-Noir) or earlier from Ottoman period or Andalusia.
It most likely Roman ,Greek or Binzantin or elder Bronze age heritage, i am E-Y138701*(E-BY4610*) carrier
On Yfull, all my matches are Iberians
On FTDNA haplotree, (E-BY4610) all my matches are Iberian, an other Algerian is also basal E-Y138701*(E-BY4610*) :

(e-y138701*)

Hi,

I've been analysing my raw datas with Morlay predictor and it says: E-L250 aka E1b1b1a1b1a7
But ISOGG says E-L250 is E1b1b1a1b1a4 and now related to E-L143.
From there, I found that it was related to E-V13 (wikipedia E-V68 page)
Then I checked the geneanet predictor, it gave me: E-L618. I didn't found much informations about this.
First of all: am I really related to E-V13 ?
My fatherline is from Aures mountains in Algeria, so I wrote this personal route:
E-M78 (egypt)
E-L618 (sardinian or croatian or iberian)
E-V13 (balkan)
E-L250 (back to north africa - the mechtoid or iberomaurisian man, which have been tested positive to E-L650 (wikipedia mechta-afalou page)

May this be one of the two "native berber" haplogroup along with E-M81 who never left african continent ? Any clues would be much appriciated.
Thanks

Hello,
Yes, its possible that you are E-V13 carrier.
You should upload ''Yseq Clade Finder'' to confirm

PS : i am also Algerian and E-V13 carrier : (E-Y138701*)

Hi,

I've been analysing my raw datas with Morlay predictor and it says: E-L250 aka E1b1b1a1b1a7
But ISOGG says E-L250 is E1b1b1a1b1a4 and now related to E-L143.
From there, I found that it was related to E-V13 (wikipedia E-V68 page)
Then I checked the geneanet predictor, it gave me: E-L618. I didn't found much informations about this.
First of all: am I really related to E-V13 ?
My fatherline is from Aures mountains in Algeria, so I wrote this personal route:
E-M78 (egypt)
E-L618 (sardinian or croatian or iberian)
E-V13 (balkan)
E-L250 (back to north africa - the mechtoid or iberomaurisian man, which have been tested positive to E-L650 (wikipedia mechta-afalou page)

May this be one of the two "native berber" haplogroup along with E-M81 who never left african continent ? Any clues would be much appriciated.
Thanks
I presume that you made a DNA test with MyHeritage or FTDNA?,all people with only North African background get some 10% to 30% "South European" which is misleading, it's most likely a misinterpretation by FTDNA and MyHeritage, it's most likely ancient origin from antiquity,(Roman,Greeks,Vandals), or neolithic/mesolithic Europe.You can see it on Y haplogroup and mtDNA haplgoups distribution for North Africans (in Eupedia for exemple), They are mostly Eurasian haplogroup (70% to 75% for mtDNA haplogroup), North Africans males are carriers or North Africans haplogroups E-M81,E-L19,E-V65,some E-M123 lineages, (60 to 80%),middle easteren haplogroups J1 (10 to 25%,), subsaharan haplogroups (E-M2,A,B) 10% and European haplogroups (R-M269,C-V20,G-L140,R1a). (7 to 10%).
People with Ottoman or Andalousian or more recent roots usually know something about there Europeans origins by oral traditions.

I presume that you made a DNA test with MyHeritage or FTDNA?,all people with only North African background get some 10% to 30% "South European" which is misleading, it's most likely a misinterpretation by FTDNA and MyHeritage, it's most likely ancient origin from antiquity,(Roman,Greeks,Vandals), or neolithic/mesolithic Europe.You can see it on Y haplogroup and mtDNA haplgoups distribution for North Africans (in Eupedia for exemple), They are mostly Eurasian haplogroup (70% to 75% for mtDNA haplogroup), North Africans males are carriers or North Africans haplogroups E-M81,E-L19,E-V65,some E-M123 lineages, (60 to 80%),middle easteren haplogroups J1 (10 to 25%,), subsaharan haplogroups (E-M2,A,B) 10% and European haplogroups (R-M269,C-V20,G-L140,R1a). (7 to 10%).
People with Ottoman or Andalousian or more recent roots usually know something about there Europeans origins by oral traditions.

Good explanation.

Thank you all for answers.
In fact my father is chaoui and my mother from northern france, so I'm mixed. Never heard about much recent interbreeding in Aures mountains, no much french nor Ottoman nor Spaniard. I presume it may be from Roman or byzantine conquerors, but it's almost impossible to find serious historical datas about that.

Thank you all again for your interesting replies.

Thanks a lot for your advices, what's the best testing company in your opinion to do that ? Anyway, pretty proud to be part of the E-L618 team !
You should do a BigY700 or a WGS (Nebula Genomics ; Dante Lab ; YSeq) + Transfer to Yfull (personally, i made a Nebula Genomics + Transfer to Yfull)
PS : I am also an Algerian E-V13 carrier (E-V13 -->E-Z5016 --> E-Y138701* (E-BY4610*))

This thread has been viewed 11894 times.

Back