Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum

Thread: Guess the ethnicity of this man

Ethnic group
    Italian

Guess the ethnicity of this man

Non si fa il proprio dovere perchè qualcuno ci dica grazie, lo si fa per principio, per se stessi, per la propria dignità. Oriana Fallaci

Turk?

Inviato dal mio POT-LX1T utilizzando Tapatalk

Ethnic group
    Italian

I don't know how you guessed so quickly. Are you a follower of Turkish cinema?

To me he has features that could fit in Spain, Southern France, Italy, parts of the Balkans. Despite all Turkish ancestry I think he's by no means stereotypical.

Elite member

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b - L21/S145*
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H3c

Ethnic group
    more celtic

Agree with Angela. A gentle 'basic-mediter' type (not 'atlanto', no 'irano-afghan-something' input.
    But actors and actresses are known very often for their good look and not because they represent some national stereotype.

Ethnic group
    Italian

Well, Turkish cinema and tv seem to specialize in picking actors and actresses for their good looks and then teaching them to act, the way Hollywood used to do it. Some of these good looking Turkish actors look very "Turkish" indeed to me. Beauty, or handsomeness, comes in many forms.

Others don't because they actually are descendants or part descendants of people from the Balkans who converted to Islam during the Ottoman Era, like Cam Yaman, or Ibrahim Celikkol etc.

This lovely actor intrigued me because he seems to be of completely Turkish ancestry and yet he has, to me, a very " small Med" look and I would never have guessed that he was a Turk. After all, in addition to all their Iran Neo, Turks can be up to 1/4 Turkic. I see none of that in him. If he's not a rarity, he's certainly a minority.

Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    I don't know how you guessed so quickly. Are you a follower of Turkish cinema?

To me he has features that could fit in Spain, Southern France, Italy, parts of the Balkans. Despite all Turkish ancestry I think he's by no means stereotypical.
    No I'm not a follower of Turkish cinema lol... I've been to Turkey years ago.

Inviato dal mio POT-LX1T utilizzando Tapatalk

Ethnic group
    Tuscan

Very pan mediterranean look!!

Inviato dal mio SM-A405FN utilizzando Tapatalk

Ethnic group
    Italian

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Philip View Post
    Very pan mediterranean look!!

Inviato dal mio SM-A405FN utilizzando Tapatalk
    I completely agree, but I'd expect him to be from Spain, Italy, rather than even Greece, much less Turkey. I'm not an expert on the Greek Islands, however, so maybe men like him can be found there.

In this picture he looks like my brother when he was about 23 and still very thin, although my brother had medium brown, reddish hair. In fact, across the eyes, he looks like me as well as my brother. I do like slightly down turned at the outer corners, wide spaced eyes; it's one of my good traits. :)

He played an evil character in a series, but I couldn't hate him, not when he looks like that. He looks like an angel, or a stand in for Jesus. :)

Well, who knows with actors; maybe in real life he does have lighter hair.