Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: J-L70 - a much needed update

Y-DNA haplogroup
    J-L70
    MtDNA haplogroup
    HV1b2

Quote Originally Posted by Jovialis View Post
    There's a possibility the migration from the east was continuing into that time. EBA is speculated as the earliest possible time.
    J-L70's TMRCA is 1800 BCE, which is in the Middle Bronze Age. The main diversification of branches was between 1400 BCE and 1100 BCE. I don't understand the connection you're making.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    I2a-Y18331-Y66192

Quote Originally Posted by Azzurro View Post
    Hope he changes his mind, I don't know if you saw the L70 thread on AG, several members are posting there, including me and Supreme. Does your relative have any other J-L70 matches? Perhaps one these cousins could have tested further on ftdna and the information is already available!
    Thank you, that’s a good idea, to check other blogs in hopes someone posted results. FTDNA has an L24 project with public results that I checked.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    J-L70
    MtDNA haplogroup
    HV1b2

2 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie Boy View Post
    Thank you, that’s a good idea, to check other blogs in hopes someone posted results. FTDNA has an L24 project with public results that I checked.
    Azzurro says if you need to contact him, you can do so on Anthrogenica.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1a2b1 (R-F1794)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b

Ethnic group
    Italian

Quote Originally Posted by SUPREEEEEME View Post
    J-L70's TMRCA is 1800 BCE, which is in the Middle Bronze Age. The main diversification of branches was between 1400 BCE and 1100 BCE. I don't understand the connection you're making.
    What is the connection you are making, that Syrian Auxiliary are responsible for the majority of J-L70 in all of Europe? Even places outside of the Roman Empire?

Y-DNA haplogroup
    J-L70
    MtDNA haplogroup
    HV1b2

Quote Originally Posted by Jovialis View Post
    What is the connection you are making, that Syrian Auxiliary are responsible for the majority of J-L70 in all of Europe? Even places outside of the Roman Empire?
    Within the Empire. Many of the regions where we notice greater concentrations, I've noticed these units wound up.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but to my understanding, each Auxiliary unit had several thousand men, giving ample opportunity for many L70 men amongst them. This is the only explanation I've found that can explain J-L70's phylogeny (ignoring the evidence of J-L70's origin within the Levant).

J-L70 was likely already present throughout the Levant, Anatolia, and Mesopotamia before Rome.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1a2b1 (R-F1794)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b

Ethnic group
    Italian

Quote Originally Posted by SUPREEEEEME View Post
    Within the Empire. Many of the regions where we notice greater concentrations, I've noticed these units wound up.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but to my understanding, each Auxiliary unit had several thousand men, giving ample opportunity for many L70 men amongst them. This is the only explanation I've found that can explain J-L70's phylogeny (ignoring the evidence of J-L70's origin within the Levant).
    J-L70 was likely already present throughout the Levant, Anatolia, and Mesopotamia before Rome.
    It is not impossible, but I think it is unlikely that it should account for the entirety of Europe. I only contend that it is within the realm of possibility that it could have spread from a source outside the levant, given that J1 groups likely come from the Caucasus. Moreover, it was in a time when there was significant CHG/IN ancestry coming to the Levant, as well as Anatolia, and Greece. Perhaps it was just more successful in the Levant.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234