Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum

Thread: Nebula Genomics (30x Whole Genome Sequencing)

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1a2b1 (R-F1794)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b

Ethnic group
    Italian

2 members found this post helpful.

Nebula Genomics (30x Whole Genome Sequencing)

I finally broke down, and decided to order myself a kit. I received 70% off for the Spring sale, but went with the lifetime member access, so it came out to $499 in total.

I will have a 30x WGS raw data file to utilize, which is the gold-standard of population genomics.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 - SK1480
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H12a

Ethnic group
    Italian

1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jovialis View Post
    I finally broke down, and decided to order myself a kit. I received 70% off for the Spring sale, but went with the lifetime member access, so it came out to $499 in total.

I will have a 30x WGS raw data file to utilize, which is the gold-standard of population genomics.
    Nice :)

... same price as the Helix Exome+ (whole exome sequencing), ...

... if it wasn’t for the lack of information regarding the Helix raw-data compatibility, I would have gotten it already.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1a2b1 (R-F1794)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b

Ethnic group
    Italian

^^For Nebula Genomics, I can download the VCF file, and convert it to a raw data file in a direct-to-consumer genomic format with DNAkit Studio.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 - SK1480
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H12a

Ethnic group
    Italian

Quote Originally Posted by Jovialis View Post
    ^^For Nebula Genomics, I can download the VCF file, and convert it to a raw data file in a direct-to-consumer genomic format with DNAkit Studio.

Dna Land has the imputed VCF files, ... a while ago I downloaded and unzipped the “Human Genome Reference” and then I added it into the appropriate DNAkit studio folder, ...

I don't post the imputed Raw-Data results, and if I do, I'd say so.

When you get the Nebula Genomics results you could do an experiment and see the difference between normal and imputed VCF.

You could tell us about discrepancies and the validity of the imputed results :)

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1a2b1 (R-F1794)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b

Ethnic group
    Italian

Quote Originally Posted by Salento View Post
    Dna Land has the imputed VCF files, ... a while ago I downloaded and unzipped the “Human Genome Reference” and then I added it into the appropriate DNAkit studio folder, ...
    I don't post the imputed Raw-Data results, and if I do, I'd say so.
    When you get the Nebula Genomics results you could do an experiment and see the difference between normal and imputed VCF.
    You could tell us about discrepancies and the validity of the imputed results :)
    I will also need to invest in an external hard drive, since the all of the files to download will be over 100 GBs. Though the VCF file is only about 300 MBs I believe.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1a2b1 (R-F1794)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b

Ethnic group
    Italian

Tomorrow I submit my sample back into the mail, and then it will be a waiting game from there. It should be 8-10 weeks turn around time, from when they receive the sample back. So hopefully by mid-June or early-July, my results should be ready.

I have been waiting for processing for more than a year! I just get an answer that in another month it will be ready...

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1a2b1 (R-F1794)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b

Ethnic group
    Italian

I actually received a message 6 days ago, stating my sample has entered the quality control phase, and if it passes, it will be 6 weeks till my results are ready.

They have always invoked blockages due to the pandemic, when you ask them how long it lasts. They have been doing this for over a year. I'll probably ask for a refund.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1a2b1 (R-F1794)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b

Ethnic group
    Italian

Yikes, I hope mine doesn't take so long. We'll see in time.

It seems that this company no longer wants to operate! I sent the kit in early October. I did not receive any notification that it was received. Only at my email requests they responded to me with stereotypical messages like pandemic delays, that the test was received and I will have the result in a month or two. The first deadline was at the end of December - begining of january ... It's been 6 months, and 8 months since they received the kit! Nothing happened... Then their messages seem to be stereotypical robotic. For example, after giving me the answer twice that it will be ready and they did not meet their deadline ... in March they told me that... my "sample will enter the quality check process and if it passes I will receive the result at the end of April" !! So... WHAT!? So in fact they hadn't even opened the kit after 5 months! It's been 8 months now and the story continues with the only "difference" that at the end of May, they told me... that my sample has entered processing... ...OH my GOD!...

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1a2b1 (R-F1794)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b

Ethnic group
    Italian

Hmmm, that's unfortunate. I hope now that things are opening up, the delays due to the pandemic will not impact my sequencing. However, the lab is in the same country as me, so that's probably why it reached them on time. They said it would take about 6 weeks from when they notified me my sample was in quality control on May 10th. So far only 4 weeks have elapsed. Fingers crossed!

----------- wrong acount. :)

Wow. Did they send you an email without request ?! I can not believe it! Are we sure we're talking about the same Nebula ? They only answered at my requests, and their answer, as it results from the previous message, turned out to be just a bunch of lies that is repeated even after 8 months!... Now in June in their last response to my request for a refund, they told me that the result would be ready at the END OF MAY! This is not a lie .... I think it's a peak of Stupidity!

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1a2b1 (R-F1794)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b

Ethnic group
    Italian

^^Yeah, they just e-mailed me with the update without me having to ask them.

I hope that the message they gave you without asking them, will not be like the others they gave me and other before, and like the one they gave me now in June, that the result will be ready at end of May!... But if they have any normal planning, you will most likely have to wait much more than another 4 weeks because I just read that there are a lot of people waiting for over 25 weeks and more.