Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Nebula Genomics (30x Whole Genome Sequencing)

  1. #1
    Advisor Jovialis's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-05-17
    Posts
    5,308

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1a2b1 (R-F1794)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States



    2 members found this post helpful.

    Nebula Genomics (30x Whole Genome Sequencing)

    I finally broke down, and decided to order myself a kit. I received 70% off for the Spring sale, but went with the lifetime member access, so it came out to $499 in total.

    I will have a 30x WGS raw data file to utilize, which is the gold-standard of population genomics.

  2. #2
    Regular Member Salento's Avatar
    Join Date
    30-05-17
    Posts
    4,829

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 - SK1480
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H12a

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jovialis View Post
    I finally broke down, and decided to order myself a kit. I received 70% off for the Spring sale, but went with the lifetime member access, so it came out to $499 in total.

    I will have a 30x WGS raw data file to utilize, which is the gold-standard of population genomics.
    Nice :)

    ... same price as the Helix Exome+ (whole exome sequencing), ...

    ... if it wasn’t for the lack of information regarding the Helix raw-data compatibility, I would have gotten it already.

  3. #3
    Advisor Jovialis's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-05-17
    Posts
    5,308

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1a2b1 (R-F1794)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States



    1 members found this post helpful.
    ^^For Nebula Genomics, I can download the VCF file, and convert it to a raw data file in a direct-to-consumer genomic format with DNAkit Studio.

  4. #4
    Regular Member Salento's Avatar
    Join Date
    30-05-17
    Posts
    4,829

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 - SK1480
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H12a

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States



    Quote Originally Posted by Jovialis View Post
    ^^For Nebula Genomics, I can download the VCF file, and convert it to a raw data file in a direct-to-consumer genomic format with DNAkit Studio.

    Dna Land has the imputed VCF files, ... a while ago I downloaded and unzipped the “Human Genome Reference” and then I added it into the appropriate DNAkit studio folder, ...

    I don't post the imputed Raw-Data results, and if I do, I'd say so.

    When you get the Nebula Genomics results you could do an experiment and see the difference between normal and imputed VCF.

    You could tell us about discrepancies and the validity of the imputed results :)

  5. #5
    Advisor Jovialis's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-05-17
    Posts
    5,308

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1a2b1 (R-F1794)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Salento View Post
    Dna Land has the imputed VCF files, ... a while ago I downloaded and unzipped the “Human Genome Reference” and then I added it into the appropriate DNAkit studio folder, ...
    I don't post the imputed Raw-Data results, and if I do, I'd say so.
    When you get the Nebula Genomics results you could do an experiment and see the difference between normal and imputed VCF.
    You could tell us about discrepancies and the validity of the imputed results :)
    I will also need to invest in an external hard drive, since the all of the files to download will be over 100 GBs. Though the VCF file is only about 300 MBs I believe.

  6. #6
    Advisor Jovialis's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-05-17
    Posts
    5,308

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1a2b1 (R-F1794)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Tomorrow I submit my sample back into the mail, and then it will be a waiting game from there. It should be 8-10 weeks turn around time, from when they receive the sample back. So hopefully by mid-June or early-July, my results should be ready.

  7. #7
    Advisor Jovialis's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-05-17
    Posts
    5,308

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1a2b1 (R-F1794)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States



    I actually received a message 6 days ago, stating my sample has entered the quality control phase, and if it passes, it will be 6 weeks till my results are ready.

  8. #8
    Regular Member torzio's Avatar
    Join Date
    10-05-19
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,863

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 - SK1480
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H95a

    Ethnic group
    North Italian
    Country: Australia



    i got this part of an email yesterday

    We ( Yfull ) have partnered with Nebula Genomics to give Nebula Genomics users access to the deep ancestry analysis provided by the YFull platform.
    Fathers mtdna ... T2b17
    Grandfather mtdna ... T1a1e
    Sons mtdna ... K1a4p
    Mum paternal line ... R1b-S8172
    Grandmum paternal side ... I1-Y33791
    Wife paternal line ... R1a-Z282

  9. #9
    Regular Member lescoyi's Avatar
    Join Date
    14-03-21
    Location
    London
    Posts
    27

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    I-Z59
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U5b1b1-b*

    Country: UK - England



    Quote Originally Posted by Jovialis View Post
    I finally broke down, and decided to order myself a kit. I received 70% off for the Spring sale, but went with the lifetime member access, so it came out to $499 in total.

    I will have a 30x WGS raw data file to utilize, which is the gold-standard of population genomics.
    Nice! I was comsidering Big Y but have beem advised that Nebula Genomics 30x is much better, so I will soon order with them. Partnered with YFull (where I have my mtDNA) is great, and they should have FTDNA on board too this year.

    I'm not interested in the health analysis side, though Nebula says that you can order the monthly sub and can unsub anytime, retaining access to all the dna data presentation on the site, which will have a link to it on YFull.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •