Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
Results 226 to 249 of 249

Thread: Anti-vaxxer movement strongest in France

  1. #226
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    25-06-18
    Posts
    1,681

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-M269 (LDNA)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U5a1b

    Ethnic group
    Thracian
    Country: Greece



    The problem with the discounting of the covid's effect on society is the hospital occupancy rates during the covid surges, the effect on doctors and nurses and the effect on the elderly population. Florida still had 1200+ daily deaths last week. The elderly people are losing their companions, adults are losing their parents, kids their grandparents. These are not just statistics, they are real people.

  2. #227
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    25-06-18
    Posts
    1,681

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-M269 (LDNA)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U5a1b

    Ethnic group
    Thracian
    Country: Greece



    In yet another study, this time in Malaysia, ivermectin was shown not to be effective against the virus. 52 of 241 patients (21.6%) in the ivermectin group and 43 of 249 patients (17.3%) in the control group progressed to severe disease.

    https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jam...rticle/2789362

    I don't know why the far right keeps on insisting that it's an alternate treatment.

  3. #228
    Advisor Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    21,576


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    2 members found this post helpful.
    All I know is that I am triple vaxed and got Omnicron, as did everyone in my family and virtually everyone I know. In the majority of cases it seems that covid has mutated to evade the vaccine. Thankfully, it has also mutated to be virtually like the seasonal flu or just a cold.

    I don't know of any back up in the hospitals on Long Island in terms of emergency care, inpatient care or procedures. Maybe that's because such a large percentage of the population is vaccinated? Or would most people get only mild symptoms anyway.

    Anecdotally, I only know of one person who had serious symptoms and had to be hospitalized: he's 58, refused to be vaccinated, is at least 60-80 pounds overweight, and although he wouldn't admit it, I think he's an alcoholic. He had to be on a ventilator, his heart stopped, but he made it.

    As for nursing homes for the elderly, if they have to be there they have to be there. I would definitely mandate that anyone working there be vaccinated and that they undergo weekly tests. Other than that I don't know what else can be done. If some elderly people refuse to be vaccinated, what should be done other than isolate them; restrain them and do it forcibly?

    I don't feel at all threatened by some long haul truckers who refuse to be vaccinated who are stuck in their cabs all day. Mandate masks when they go into auto-stops etc. and call it a day.

    It doesn't make any sense to me to treat this as if it's yersina pestis and create economic havoc when for the vast majority of people it's like a cold or the flu. My position was quite different when the original strain seemed to have such serious consequences.

    The elderly and vulnerable can take measures to protect themselves, as they would during a bad flu season and special measures should apply in nursing homes, as I stated. If someone, like the man I know, has all sorts of health issues and refuses to get vaccinated, they pay the consequences. Omnicron doesn't appear to be a strain that's going to put tens of thousands of people on ventilators.

    Of course, if it mutates to a different form everything would have to be revisited.

    All of this is why the Scandinavian countries, Great Britain etc. are lifting the mandates. That is what makes Trudeau's reaction to the Ottawa protests so unfathomable to me. Maybe I'm wrong about this, but I thought the mandates were due to be lifted in Canada the first week in March. If that's the case why on earth not just wait it out? It would all have disappeared. If it's the crossing of the border that is a problem, work it out with the Biden administration.

    The reaction of the Prime Minister to the Ottawa protest seems to me to be completely botched from beginning to end.

    I honestly think the problem is that the position on the mandates has more to do with political orientation than with a public health situation. That's highly unfortunate.


    Non si fa il proprio dovere perchè qualcuno ci dica grazie, lo si fa per principio, per se stessi, per la propria dignità. Oriana Fallaci

  4. #229
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    26-11-16
    Posts
    476


    Country: United States



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maciamo View Post
    Giant pharmaceutical companies? The two main vaccines are made by BioNTech and Moderna, both small start-ups. BioNTech was founded in 2008 and has about 1300 employees. Moderna was founded in 2010 and has 1800 employees. In comparison this forum has 57,000 members, including 4400 active members.

    A third vaccine is made by Novavax, which has only 791 employees.

    The biggest company making Covid vaccines is AstraZeneca (76,000 employees), but their vaccine was only widely used in the UK due to their partnership with Oxford University and the fact that the company is headquartered in England. That's why the British government chose it (supporting local jobs), despite it being less effective.

    So no, overall Covid vaccines have very little to do with big pharma. BioNTech was so small that they had to partner with Pfizer for support with clinical trials and logistics as they didn't have the means to do it themselves, being so tiny on a world scale. By the vaccine itself was developed by BioNTech, not Pfizer.

    That's just plain dishonesty. Pfizer, is a just some little guy, leave him alone internet troll, stop bullying Pfizer. OK buddy. BTW I'm miraculously still alive. No idea why I have survived the deadliest pandemic without the magic juice.

  5. #230
    Regular Member Fustan's Avatar
    Join Date
    29-05-15
    Posts
    294

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    J-L283
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H12

    Ethnic group
    Albanian
    Country: Albania



    3 members found this post helpful.
    Most people at my work are vaccinated and they've still gotten covid. So the vaccines don't work, no reason for me to get it. Not that the virus is dangerous anyway.

  6. #231
    Viscount
    Join Date
    10-06-12
    Posts
    723

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-BY593
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U5b2a2

    Country: Canada-Ontario



    1 members found this post helpful.
    I'm interested in getting the Sinovac or sputnik covid vaccine. Canada only has a few choices. A lot of misinformation here is a a FDA video, what do you think?



    Suum cuique-ancient ochre elite burial cultures in Seredny Stih phase II, Yamnaya
    - ochre burials with wagons, copper cudgel ,tanged daggers,iron-powder, beads, iron tools -weapons. Turganik Dom2 -horses; horse head shaped scepters, Kernosovkiy idol horse .

  7. #232
    Viscount
    Join Date
    10-06-12
    Posts
    723

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-BY593
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U5b2a2

    Country: Canada-Ontario



    https://www.nytimes.com/2022/02/20/h...-cdc-data.html

    The New York Times

    The C.D.C. Isn’t Publishing Large Portions of the Covid Data It Collects


    The agency has withheld critical data on boosters, hospitalizations......
    Much of the withheld information could help state and local health officials better target their efforts to bring the virus under control. Detailed, timely data on hospitalizations by age and race would help health officials identify and help the populations at highest risk. Information on hospitalizations and death by age and vaccination status would have helped inform whether healthy adults needed booster shots.....

  8. #233
    Viscount
    Join Date
    10-06-12
    Posts
    723

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-BY593
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U5b2a2

    Country: Canada-Ontario



    https://au.finance.yahoo.com/news/ch...205400826.html
    CHD Says Pfizer and FDA Dropped Data Bombshell on COVID Vaccine Consumers



    Washington, DC, March 03, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- In a 55,000-page set of documents released on Tuesday, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration’s (FDA’s) Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research (CBER) is for the first time allowing the public to access data Pfizer submitted to FDA from its clinical trials in support of a COVID-19 vaccine license. This follows U.S. District Judge Mark T. Pittman’s decision on January 6 to deny the request


    Vaccine adverse events...

    https://childrenshealthdefense.org/w...ce.pdf#page=30

    BNT162b25.3.6 Cumulative Analysis of Post-authorization Adverse Event ReportsCONFIDENTIALPage 1APPENDIX 1. LIST OF ADVERSE EVENTS OF SPECIAL INTEREST1p36 deletion syndrome;2-Hydroxyglutaric aciduria;5'nucleotidase increased;Acousticneuritis;Acquired C1 inhibitor deficiency;Acquired epidermolysis bullosa;Acquired epilepticaphasia;Acute cutaneous lupus erythematosus................

  9. #234
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    26-11-16
    Posts
    476


    Country: United States



    2 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fustan View Post
    Most people at my work are vaccinated and they've still gotten covid. So the vaccines don't work, no reason for me to get it. Not that the virus is dangerous anyway.

    Here in America, the vast majority of Albanians got the jab (frikacak), the diaspora community is largely an embarrassment. The Bosnians on the other hand have overwhelmingly refused it.

    And these people that took it, many of them got sick, some quite bad. So many people called out of work this winter, all believers in science or so they pride themselves. Some people justified the reason for injecting themselves with a unknown substance with, urgghh I was going to lose my job....man. Well your life better be worth less than a paycheck.

  10. #235
    Viscount
    Join Date
    10-06-12
    Posts
    723

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-BY593
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U5b2a2

    Country: Canada-Ontario



    1 members found this post helpful.
    The World Health Organization (WHO) is reporting on a new side effect: hearing loss.

    ...
    vaccinees, and the median age is just over40 years.


    https://apps.who.int/iris/bitstream/handle/10665/351326/9789240042452-eng.pdf?sequence=1&isAllowed=y

  11. #236
    Viscount
    Join Date
    10-06-12
    Posts
    723

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-BY593
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U5b2a2

    Country: Canada-Ontario



    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ystem-ema-says

    Frequent Boosters Spur Warning on Immune Response

    Repeat booster doses every four months could eventually weaken the immune response and tire out people, according to the European Medicines Agency.

  12. #237
    Viscount
    Join Date
    10-06-12
    Posts
    723

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-BY593
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U5b2a2

    Country: Canada-Ontario



    Question. 2 doses considered unvaxxed?

    Should people who are part of the vaccinated Covid resevoir, and can still spread an ever mutating Covid, wait 9 months between there next booster dose, or should they get their booster doses sooner(for example 3 month interval). Anybody with 4 or 5 booster yet ? Children under 5 also need 4 / 5 boosters?

  13. #238
    Viscount
    Join Date
    10-06-12
    Posts
    723

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-BY593
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U5b2a2

    Country: Canada-Ontario



    If one get's infected with Covid even after 3,4,5, vaccines treatments, should they take Paxlovid to lessen the risk of serious sickness or death?

  14. #239
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    17-05-19
    Posts
    9


    Country: UK - England



    2 members found this post helpful.
    I think as soon as Omicron varaint appeared it should have being over worldwide , i can't believe some world leaders are keeping this fiasco going.
    As for the safety of the vaccine itself, well i'am glad i never took it.

  15. #240
    Regular Member BillMC's Avatar
    Join Date
    19-06-22
    Posts
    56

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    I1-S12289
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H3aa

    Ethnic group
    British
    Country: UK - Scotland



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigertim View Post
    I think as soon as Omicron varaint appeared it should have being over worldwide , i can't believe some world leaders are keeping this fiasco going.
    As for the safety of the vaccine itself, well i'am glad i never took it.
    Neither did I and I've never caught anything. Nevertheless, ever since the pandemic started I've been washing my hands more often, especially when I come back in the house or before I eat anything and I have not even caught a dose of flu or the common cold.

  16. #241
    Viscount
    Join Date
    10-06-12
    Posts
    723

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-BY593
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U5b2a2

    Country: Canada-Ontario



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by BillMC View Post
    Neither did I and I've never caught anything. Nevertheless, ever since the pandemic started I've been washing my hands more often, especially when I come back in the house or before I eat anything and I have not even caught a dose of flu or the common cold.
    In he beginning I was the first one to wear a mask at my workplace out of 500+/-(many new immigrants) without the company mandating , I remember getting some pretty strange look's. I thought it would be good practice in a severe pandemic to have some protection since I'm in maintenance and frequently had to fix and deal with washroom and sanitary waste bins issues. Then we had a few months off. When we came back we had to do a self assessment and have a guard questionnaire, as well as have a guard take our body temperature every time we entered the building; we also had thermal image screening upon building entry, as well as wearing mask and goggles.In the past 2 plus years I've had no problem ( no high fever, no cough). My wife on the other hand works in medicine, and was mandated to take mRNA shots, I can tell you that after 3, there are days when she is in alot of arthritis pain, something she never had before. I'm actually for pro vaccines, like tetanus for example, since I'm prone to stitches. I was waiting to see the status and effectiveness and compare the various types of vaccines since I'm a fussy shopper I like quality. The weird thing is it is very hard to find a very detailed (how many vaccines what type etc....)updated daily status hospital and ICU figures. Now I read that quadruple vacinated are taking tablet's on top of 4 shot's to keep them out of ICU.

  17. #242
    Regular Member BillMC's Avatar
    Join Date
    19-06-22
    Posts
    56

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    I1-S12289
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H3aa

    Ethnic group
    British
    Country: UK - Scotland



    Quote Originally Posted by Silesian View Post
    In he beginning I was the first one to wear a mask at my workplace out of 500+/-(many new immigrants) without the company mandating , I remember getting some pretty strange look's. I thought it would be good practice in a severe pandemic to have some protection since I'm in maintenance and frequently had to fix and deal with washroom and sanitary waste bins issues. Then we had a few months off. When we came back we had to do a self assessment and have a guard questionnaire, as well as have a guard take our body temperature every time we entered the building; we also had thermal image screening upon building entry, as well as wearing mask and goggles.In the past 2 plus years I've had no problem ( no high fever, no cough). My wife on the other hand works in medicine, and was mandated to take mRNA shots, I can tell you that after 3, there are days when she is in alot of arthritis pain, something she never had before. I'm actually for pro vaccines, like tetanus for example, since I'm prone to stitches. I was waiting to see the status and effectiveness and compare the various types of vaccines since I'm a fussy shopper I like quality. The weird thing is it is very hard to find a very detailed (how many vaccines what type etc....)updated daily status hospital and ICU figures. Now I read that quadruple vacinated are taking tablet's on top of 4 shot's to keep them out of ICU.

    People seem to forget that the human body has its built in mechanism for dealing with viruses - the immune system.

    IMO too much reliance on vaccinations is like a body builder or athlete depending on steriods. i.e. not good for you.

  18. #243
    Viscount
    Join Date
    10-06-12
    Posts
    723

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-BY593
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U5b2a2

    Country: Canada-Ontario



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by BillMC View Post
    People seem to forget that the human body has its built in mechanism for dealing with viruses - the immune system.
    IMO too much reliance on vaccinations is like a body builder or athlete depending on steriods. i.e. not good for you.
    I'm no doctor, and I'm not against vaccines. We have a similar idea. People who were at high risk with complications and high BMI for example, IMO should be offered the vaccine of there choosing(I'm for pro choice-my body my choice-despite all rhetoric at the beginning of 90 effective in stopping transmission) However giving 4 or 5 shots and eating some more special tablets, seems a little it's sad in Canada they threw so many millions of doses in the garbage, meanwhile in other parts of the world people don't have clean water, or a meal, or even one covid dose. Such a waste for the environment and planet IMO.

  19. #244
    Regular Member BillMC's Avatar
    Join Date
    19-06-22
    Posts
    56

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    I1-S12289
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H3aa

    Ethnic group
    British
    Country: UK - Scotland



    Quote Originally Posted by Silesian View Post
    I'm no doctor, and I'm not against vaccines. We have a similar idea. People who were at high risk with complications and high BMI for example, IMO should be offered the vaccine of there choosing(I'm for pro choice-my body my choice-despite all rhetoric at the beginning of 90 effective in stopping transmission) However giving 4 or 5 shots and eating some more special tablets, seems a little it's sad in Canada they threw so many millions of doses in the garbage, meanwhile in other parts of the world people don't have clean water, or a meal, or even one covid dose. Such a waste for the environment and planet IMO.
    I feel sorry for the Canadian people, due to them having a fascist president such as Trudeau.

  20. #245
    Viscount
    Join Date
    10-06-12
    Posts
    723

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-BY593
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U5b2a2

    Country: Canada-Ontario



    Quote Originally Posted by BillMC View Post
    I feel sorry for the Canadian people, due to them having a fascist president such as Trudeau.
    Justin and Jagmeet are a new style. I like the old style days(like when you bought groceries and a young person had a job putting them into a large paper bag-not self serve plastic bag that ends up in a land fill-- that costs 5cents+tax), compare times like Stephen Harper and Jean Chretien.

  21. #246
    Viscount
    Join Date
    10-06-12
    Posts
    723

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-BY593
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U5b2a2

    Country: Canada-Ontario



    Good news for mRNA vaccine free Navy Seals. Good news for mRNA vaccine free children 5 and under in UK. Good news for mRNA vaccine free people 50 and under in Denmark.

  22. #247
    Viscount
    Join Date
    10-06-12
    Posts
    723

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-BY593
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U5b2a2

    Country: Canada-Ontario



    Has anyone else noticed, more and more single, double, triple, jabbed vaxxers that are turning full conspiracy theorists. They don't want to continue with the recommended pandemic prevention with Bivalent subscription number 4/5 jabbs saying they have had enough. Some are even bringing up cases of SADS and people dying in their sleep. And non of the ones I ask, want the vaccine for Monkeypox.

  23. #248
    Viscount
    Join Date
    10-06-12
    Posts
    723

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-BY593
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U5b2a2

    Country: Canada-Ontario



    Does anyone know why people are still wearing masks, even when they are fully vaccinated with latest boosters?

  24. #249
    Advisor Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    21,576


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silesian View Post
    Does anyone know why people are still wearing masks, even when they are fully vaccinated with latest boosters?
    The only people I know who still wear them, not a scientific sample at all, are people taking chemotherapy who are therefore immune compromised.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •