Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Anti-vaxxer movement strongest in France

All this anti-vaccine attitude among the rudiculous argumentation behind, would turn me to misanthrope.
    It allready "cost" me some friends, or better I would say mine friendly feelings for people I used to consider
    proudly at past as friends. I am very tollerant generally and I try harder for that everyday, but that it won't be forever.
    Up on these matters I don't "take prisoners" and surelly I don't regret.

What the heck this sort of selfissness (egomania) will drive my apathy at the end, -for them.
    I could never imagine in such tense that the loss of the survival instict of some individuals, can have such an impact
    up on to the -ours- collective structures (countries/cities/villages/families etc.)

The western societies are in danger to collapse, morally and economically.
    I hope to the end if that ever comes, not to just remember how it started, but what it caused it and why.
    At that moment pesimistically I realise that:
    Democracy is not an option and not just a choice. It is sense of responsibillity and respect and it is too much
    for the every -around us- barbarians.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1b2a2a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b7

Ethnic group
    Italian

1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silesian View Post
    FDA approved(including Delta)(no mix and match like in Canada), no more PPE, no more lockdowns. Yes.
    In all fairness, I do sympathize with your attitude of the way the Canadian government handled the vaccine roll out. I know people that had to wait much longer than the recommended time for their second shot, because the vaccine supply was very low. I recall it had to do with Trudeau's screw up with the Chinese government in securing shots. Apparently, they pulled out of giving Canada vaccines, as retaliation for Canada jailing one of their nationals. Frankly, I think Trudeau is an idiot. Also the use of AstraZeneca's vaccine was not good either, it is actually not approved for use here in the US. I don't blame you for not wanting to take that particular vaccine.

As for mRNA vaccines vs Delta; 60% efficacy against the Delta variant is better than 0%. It is also much better than the flu shot vs the flu (about 40%). Moreover, I think there will be a booster shot in the works to deal with these new variants.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-U152-Z56-BY3957
    MtDNA haplogroup
    J1c7a

Ethnic group
    15/32 British, 5/32 German, 9/64 Irish, 1/8 Scots Gaelic, 5/64 French, 1/32 Welsh

Thats the problem with Authoritarian lockdowns; or anything authoritarian. You make a rule too strict or you impose enough expensive taxes, your people are going to rebel.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 - SK1480
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H12a

Ethnic group
    Italian

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight View Post
    That�s the problem with Authoritarian lockdowns; or anything authoritarian. You make a rule too strict or you impose enough expensive taxes, your people are going to rebel.
    … Covid is decimating the anti-vaxxers, they are the new spreaders and ironically they are also the most vulnerable to the virus, …and I would make them pay (extra taxes) for prolonging the “inconveniences” they complain about … !
    Last edited by Salento; 20-07-21 at 08:53.
    🕷️

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1b2a2a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b7

Ethnic group
    Italian

The FDA is set to approve the vaccines in January. Afterwards, it will more easily allow companies to mandate the vaccine. Though, I think this is being done by design, to be after the midterm elections. Otherwise, all the ignorant people that don't want to take the vaccine no matter what, will try to vote out the Democrats. Sometimes I wonder if autocracy is indeed a better form of government in situations like this. Democracy sometimes seems to be a juggle between appeasing stupidity, greed, and political expedience. However, a situation where the autocrat is a moron, is perhaps the worst of all.

Baron

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-BY593
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U5b2a2

Quote Originally Posted by Salento View Post
    … Covid is decimating the anti-vaxxers, they are the new spreaders and ironically they are also the most vulnerable to the virus, …and I would make them pay (extra taxes) for prolonging the “inconveniences” they complain about … !
    Are you going for a booster shot? Some are mixing different vaccines for there 2nd shot and 3rd shots. Is there 1 vaccine that can be taken? Legally can some one take legal action if you get sick, for defective vaccines, and or mixing incorrect vaccines from different makers?
    H. event.

Ethnic group
    Italo-celto-germanic

The Economist has an interesting article explaining how vaccine hesitancy dropped significantly in most countries since January. Even in France the percentage of anti-vaxxers fell quickly from 60% in January to about 20% in May. Since then it has remained stationary, meaning that those last 20% will probably stand firm on their principles and refuse vaccination whatever the incentive proposed or the inconvenience it causes not to be vaccinated (e.g. proof of vaccination is now required to enter a restaurant or cultural event in France).
    My book selection---Follow me on Facebook and Twitter --- My profile on Academia.edu and on ResearchGate ----Check Wa-pedia's Japan Guide
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "What is the use of living, if it be not to strive for noble causes and to make this muddled world a better place for those who will live in it after we are gone?", Winston Churchill.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    J1c

It's funny how even most conservatives I know here who were opposed to the restrictions throughout–and I've opposed most of them myself–have gotten the vaccines. Most of those would still fervently oppose making it mandatory. BTW there is nothing "leftist" about supporting mandatory vaccination, and as someone else posted, most old-school, true-to-form, non-technocratic leftists would be skeptical of the government jabbing people against their will.

I got the vaccines even though I already had the virus, and I don't know whether I should have at this point. I've been having tinnitus since then and tension in my head that wasn't there before. I had "mild" COVID and don't want it again, but I definitely think the vaccine shouldn't be mandatory.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    J1c

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight View Post
    That�s the problem with Authoritarian lockdowns; or anything authoritarian. You make a rule too strict or you impose enough expensive taxes, your people are going to rebel.
    Add to that rampant inequality that economic elites have no intention of addressing. This is playing with fire.

Baron

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-BY593
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U5b2a2

Any new information fact checks,( More than 5,100 Massachusetts residents--80 people who died)-- and 39% effective in Israel stats) about the new Covid-Delta variant reservoirs causing breakthrough cases and deaths among the anti-vaxxer-boosters; who refuse a third non FDA approved booster shot?

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1b2a2a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b7

Ethnic group
    Italian

Any new information fact checks,( More than 5,100 Massachusetts residents--80 people who died)-- and 39% effective in Israel stats) about the new Covid-Delta variant reservoirs causing breakthrough cases and deaths among the anti-vaxxer-boosters; who refuse a third non FDA approved booster shot?
    There currently is no booster shot, but there is expected to be one.

Getting back to my point about the third world, the Delta variant emerged in India. We will probably need additional shots even beyond the booster to deal with future variants. Like I said, even if everyone in the first world get vaccinated, the third world will produce more variants. Another is the Lambda variant that emerged in south America.

As for covid Deaths 99.2% were among unvaccinated. So you have less than a one percent chance of dying from a breakthrough case, for vaccinated.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...n-unvaccinated

97% of hospitalizations were among unvaccinated:

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/22/h...ons-delta.html

The vaccines are highly effective.

Baron

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-BY593
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U5b2a2

Are fully non FDA approved vaccinated spreading covid(and at what rate 39%for example in Israel), simple yes or no question. If yes, do they become the next breeding ground for future variants? Studies comparing 3rd world mutation rate compared to fully vaccinated mutation rate.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1b2a2a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b7

Ethnic group
    Italian

Are fully non FDA approved vaccinated spreading covid(and at what rate 39%for example in Israel), simple yes or no question. If yes, do they become the next breeding ground for future variants? Studies comparing 3rd world mutation rate compared to fully vaccinated mutation rate.
    Yes, it is well known vaccinated people can possibly spread the disease, but since the viral load would be small, it is very unlikely. Nor would the spread be that severe. Only non-vaccinated people should really worry about that aspect, since they have zero protection.

Baron

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-BY593
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U5b2a2

Quote Originally Posted by Jovialis View Post
    Yes, it is well known vaccinated people can possibly spread the disease, but since the viral load would be small, it is very unlikely. Nor would the spread be that severe. Only non-vaccinated people should really worry about that aspect, since they have zero protection.
    Can unapproved FDA mrna vaccines be marketed as preventing the spread of covid and its variants? If no;are there going to be more lockdowns whether people are vaccinated or not? Will people still have to wear PPE to stop the spread whether they are vaccinated or not?

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1b2a2a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b7

Ethnic group
    Italian

Majority of French Support National COVID Vaccine Mandate as 'Health Pass' Bill Approved

https://www.newsweek.com/majority-fr...proved-1613172

Good!

Baron

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-BY593
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U5b2a2

Should fully 2shots non-FDA approved vaccinated people use N95 mask and eye goggles to prevent break-through positive PCR testing results and possible spreading the new covid mutations?

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1b2a2a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b7

Ethnic group
    Italian

2 members found this post helpful.
    COVID-19 linked to 'significant' drop in intelligence: research

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/corona...arch-1.5524877
    Will the unvaccinated literally become mentally retarded?

Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 - SK1480
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H12a

Ethnic group
    Italian

well, people who chose not to get vaccinated aren’t that bright to begin with :)

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1b2a2a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b7

Ethnic group
    Italian

Quote Originally Posted by Salento View Post
    well, people who chose not to get vaccinated aren’t that bright to begin with :)
    I think you're right about that.

Ethnic group
    Italian

Maybe Biden had Covid and they never told anyone? :) Sorry, it's not funny, but lately it's gone beyond funny to scary with him.

If this is true that's big numbers of people who will be functioning as if they have ADD or early senility.

It makes you wonder if certain viruses do and always have had an effect on the brain.

Non si fa il proprio dovere perchè qualcuno ci dica grazie, lo si fa per principio, per se stessi, per la propria dignità. Oriana Fallaci

Baron

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-BY593
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U5b2a2

Conspiracy theorist aside, Those fully vaccinated need to start wearing full PPE gear N95 masks combined with face masks are a good start. Lockdowns would also help. Those with little or no immune system can get there booster jabs on a regular basis, tailored to the efficacy rate on the the latest mutations.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1b2a2a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b7

Ethnic group
    Italian

Conspiracy theorist aside, Those fully vaccinated need to start wearing full PPE gear N95 masks combined with face masks are a good start. Lockdowns would also help. Those with little or no immune system can get there booster jabs on a regular basis, tailored to the efficacy rate on the the latest mutations.
    The CDC recommends fully-vaccinated people should wear masks indoors.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/27/cdc-...hot-spots.html

Baron

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-BY593
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U5b2a2

The CDC recommends fully-vaccinated people should wear masks indoors.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/27/cdc-...hot-spots.html
    Full shield face masks and or approved goggles + N95 masks can't hurt, extra booster shot's for a new strain?. We don't know a lot about the efficacy rate among the differing brands of vaccines(data is not out yet?), hence vaccinated people with little or no immune system need to be extra cautious as they may be also be harbouring new mutational strains. If we work together we can do this.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1b2a2a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b7

Ethnic group
    Italian

They say wearing regular glasses can protect against infected droplets.

Also, a booster may only be necessary for immunocompromised people.

This is a testament to the efficacy of the three vaccines:

CDC: 99.5% of COVID-19 deaths are from unvaccinated individuals

https://news.yahoo.com/cdc-99-5-covid-19-162125960.html
    I wonder if opposition will wane due to the sheer amount of deaths from people unwilling to get vaccinated. If we are at war with Covid-19, it is clear who the casualties are.

Baron

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-BY593
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U5b2a2

They say wearing regular glasses can protect against infected droplets.

Also, a booster may only be necessary for immunocompromised people.

This is a testament to the efficacy of the three vaccines:

I wonder if opposition will wane due to the sheer amount of deaths from people unwilling to get vaccinated. If we are at war with Covid-19, it is clear who the casualties are.
    . It's not clear. Any updated stats, July 27-28 on breakthrough infections and deaths, between mRNA vaccines and traditional vaccines?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast