Health Anti-vaxxer movement strongest in France

I am not upset in the least, I actually enjoy reading your posts.
Great!

@Sileasan,

What on earth does your post even mean? Cults? Can you please speak English, and stop talking in coded language.

@silesian

The article you linked was a case of the Delta-variant, which the current vaccines are only 60% effective. Perhaps if more people clamored to get vaccinated, these variants would not be able to emerge.

Nevertheless, even if everyone in the first-world was able to get the vaccine, the third world will be an environment where they will emerge.

Frankly, I wonder if one day a super-deadly variant will emerge that will start rapidly killing people, especially unvaccinated people with no protection. Maybe nature's way of dealing with overpopulation.

"Plagues" seem always to have been with us; we defeat one and a new one arises.

They can dramatically change societies, with unforeseen consequences, as was the case with the Bubonic plague in which one in four Europeans died; more in some cases. In Fivizzano near me, which was a hub of transport over the Apennines, 90% of the population died. You could also argue that "plagues" helped bring down whole civilizations, like "Old Europe" and the Roman Empire.

To let them rage when there is something we can do seems incredibly short sighted and risky to me. Also, as you say, they can mutate to be more harmful; that's the history with the plague.

"Plagues" seem always to have been with us; we defeat one and a new one arises.

They can dramatically change societies, with unforeseen consequences, as was the case with the Bubonic plague in which one in four Europeans died; more in some cases. In Fivizzano near me, which was a hub of transport over the Apennines, 90% of the population died. You could also argue that "plagues" helped bring down whole civilizations, like "Old Europe" and the Roman Empire.

To let them rage when there is something we can do seems incredibly short sighted and risky to me. Also, as you say, they can mutate to be more harmful; that's the history with the plague.

If a deadly variant does wipe out people unwilling to take the vaccine, the upside would be a bottleneck of higher intelligence.

If a deadly variant does wipe out people unwilling to take the vaccine, the upside would be a bottleneck of higher intelligence.

Do you really think that only the intelligent are the ones taking the approved for emergency use vaccines?
It was so ridiculous last spring, seeing people posting selfies after getting vaccinated, all over social media . . . like they are some kind of rockstar. Big deal, good for you.

What do you say about people like Michael Yeadon, a researcher and ex Vice President of Pfizer and Dr. Robert Malone, the inventor of the mRNA vaccine. I would not consider either of them unintelligent because they have doubts about vaccinating the entire world’s population.

Do you really think that only the intelligent are the ones taking the approved for emergency use vaccines?
It was so ridiculous last spring, seeing people posting selfies after getting vaccinated, all over social media . . . like they are some kind of rockstar. Big deal, good for you.

What do you say about people like Michael Yeadon, a researcher and ex Vice President of Pfizer and Dr. Robert Malone, the inventor of the mRNA vaccine. I would not consider either of them unintelligent because they have doubts about vaccinating the entire world’s population.

Is your whole existence on this forum to be an anti-vaxxer? What people do on social media is immaterial.

https://www.reuters.com/article/factcheck-health-coronavirus-idUSL2N2N72CS

Last edited:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/search...&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=gquery-home

https://www.pennmedicine.org/coronavirus/vaccine/qa-with-drew-weissman

Friday, December 11, 2020—Drew Weissman, MD, PhD, an infectious disease expert at Penn Medicine, has been studying RNA for use in vaccines for over 15 years. He has dreamed about the seemingly endless possibilities of treating diseases with custom-made mRNA. However, he didn’t expect the mRNA technology he co-created with former colleague Katalin (Kati) Kariko, PhD, to become a critical technology used in some of the COVID-19 mRNA-based vaccines that are now in late stage development.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do not post links to conspiracy theory websites.

Consider this a warning.

Why do people call other people anti-vaxxer when in fact they are up to date on all FDA approved vaccines? Strange name calling?

FDA approved(including Delta)(no mix and match like in Canada), no more PPE, no more lockdowns. Yes.

All this anti-vaccine attitude among the rudiculous argumentation behind, would turn me to misanthrope.
It allready "cost" me some friends, or better I would say mine friendly feelings for people I used to consider
proudly at past as friends. I am very tollerant generally and I try harder for that everyday, but that it won't be forever.
Up on these matters I don't "take prisoners" and surelly I don't regret.

What the heck this sort of selfissness (egomania) will drive my apathy at the end, -for them.
I could never imagine in such tense that the loss of the survival instict of some individuals, can have such an impact
up on to the -ours- collective structures (countries/cities/villages/families etc.)

The western societies are in danger to collapse, morally and economically.
I hope to the end if that ever comes, not to just remember how it started, but what it caused it and why.
At that moment pesimistically I realise that:
Democracy is not an option and not just a choice. It is sense of responsibillity and respect and it is too much
for the every -around us- barbarians.

FDA approved(including Delta)(no mix and match like in Canada), no more PPE, no more lockdowns. Yes.

In all fairness, I do sympathize with your attitude of the way the Canadian government handled the vaccine roll out. I know people that had to wait much longer than the recommended time for their second shot, because the vaccine supply was very low. I recall it had to do with Trudeau's screw up with the Chinese government in securing shots. Apparently, they pulled out of giving Canada vaccines, as retaliation for Canada jailing one of their nationals. Frankly, I think Trudeau is an idiot. Also the use of AstraZeneca's vaccine was not good either, it is actually not approved for use here in the US. I don't blame you for not wanting to take that particular vaccine.

As for mRNA vaccines vs Delta; 60% efficacy against the Delta variant is better than 0%. It is also much better than the flu shot vs the flu (about 40%). Moreover, I think there will be a booster shot in the works to deal with these new variants.

That?s the problem with Authoritarian lockdowns; or anything authoritarian. You make a rule too strict or you impose enough expensive taxes, your people are going to rebel.

That�s the problem with Authoritarian lockdowns; or anything authoritarian. You make a rule too strict or you impose enough expensive taxes, your people are going to rebel.

… Covid is decimating the anti-vaxxers, they are the new spreaders and ironically they are also the most vulnerable to the virus, …and I would make them pay (extra taxes) for prolonging the “inconveniences” they complain about … !

Last edited:
The FDA is set to approve the vaccines in January. Afterwards, it will more easily allow companies to mandate the vaccine. Though, I think this is being done by design, to be after the midterm elections. Otherwise, all the ignorant people that don't want to take the vaccine no matter what, will try to vote out the Democrats. Sometimes I wonder if autocracy is indeed a better form of government in situations like this. Democracy sometimes seems to be a juggle between appeasing stupidity, greed, and political expedience. However, a situation where the autocrat is a moron, is perhaps the worst of all.

This thread has been viewed 56407 times.

Back