Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1b2a2a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b7

Ethnic group
    Italian

1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silesian View Post
    . It's not clear. Any updated stats, July 27-28 on breakthrough infections and deaths, between mRNA vaccines and traditional vaccines?
    The vast overwhelming majority is mRNA. Again, 99.5% of deaths, and 97% of hospitalizations are from unvaccinated people.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1b2a2a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b7

Ethnic group
    Italian

Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    Maybe Biden had Covid and they never told anyone? :) Sorry, it's not funny, but lately it's gone beyond funny to scary with him.

If this is true that's big numbers of people who will be functioning as if they have ADD or early senility.

It makes you wonder if certain viruses do and always have had an effect on the brain.
    I just hope there isn't any long-term effect on IQ, and it is just temporary. Otherwise, this makes the disease a lot more horrible.

Baron

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-BY593
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U5b2a2

Quote Originally Posted by Jovialis View Post
    The vast overwhelming majority is mRNA. Again, 99.5% of deaths, and 97% of hospitalizations are from unvaccinated people.
    . If one were on the fence to choose between traditional versus mRNA vaccines. An excellent source would be data, specific, on variant ratios,alpha,delta,lambda, in break through cases versus deaths in hospital admissions. Stop being fixated on people who are not vaccinated.
    H. event.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1b2a2a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b7

Ethnic group
    Italian

The only traditional vaccine is J&J, so the extreme lack of death and hospitalization among the vaccinated is a testament of the two mRNA vaccines' efficacy. Which make up the vast majority of shots administered.

No I will continue to comment on how unvaccinated people are dying from covid.

Baron

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-BY593
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U5b2a2

I don't know how this fact checking works, here is news from 5Chicago . Maybe someone can verify these latest numbers are legit. If they are correct, what was the specific vaxxine ratio to strain of Covid amongst the dead.
    https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/coro...cases/2569598/

BREAKTHROUGH CASES

169 Dead, 644 Hospitalized in Illinois Breakthrough COVID Cases

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1b2a2a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b7

Ethnic group
    Italian

I don't know how this fact checking works, here is news from 5Chicago . Maybe someone can verify these latest numbers are legit. If they are correct, what was the specific vaxxine ratio to strain of Covid amongst the dead.
    https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/coro...cases/2569598/

BREAKTHROUGH CASES

169 Dead, 644 Hospitalized in Illinois Breakthrough COVID Cases

From the report:

According to data updated Wednesday by the Illinois Department of Public Health, 169 people in Illinois have died due to COVID-19 or complications after being fully vaccinated. That figure equates to 2.44% of COVID-19 deaths in the state since Jan. 1, officials said.
    Maybe I should remind you that no vaccine is 100% effective, this isn't magic.

also from the link you posted:

"These vaccines are truly effective," IDPH Director Dr. Ngozi Ezike said. "You know, everyone has heard of a case or two of someone who had a breakthrough infection or breakthrough hospitalization, but it is, that is so far the unicorn, that you need to focus on the people who are not vaccinated, they're the ones filling up the hospital as COVID patients."

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1b2a2a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b7

Ethnic group
    Italian

"Breakthroughs are expected and represent about 0.098% of those fully vaccinated."

https://abcnews.go.com/US/symptomati...ry?id=79048589

Baron

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-BY593
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U5b2a2

"Breakthroughs are expected and represent about 0.098% of those fully vaccinated."

https://abcnews.go.com/US/symptomati...ry?id=79048589
    Wow that's hardly anything. Strange all the vaxxinated (both traditional and unapproved FDA mRNA)should have to start wearing masks again.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1b2a2a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b7

Ethnic group
    Italian

Wow that's hardly anything. Strange all the vaxxinated (both traditional and unapproved FDA mRNA)should have to start wearing masks again.
    It is probably more to protect the unvaccinated, who are still a big percentage.

Baron

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-BY593
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U5b2a2

Research from CDC

https://www.cdc.gov/pcd/issues/2021/pdf/21_0123.pdf

Underlying Medical Conditions and SevereIllness Among 540,667 Adults HospitalizedWith COVID-19, March 2020–March 2021

Conclusion

Certain underlying conditions and the number of conditions wereassociated with severe COVID-19 illness...

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1b2a2a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b7

Ethnic group
    Italian

I am not sure of the source of this graphic, but I saw it retweeted by Razib Khan

https://twitter.com/DKThomp/status/1420405042495041537

I don't agree with Democrats on many things, however, this is one thing I do agree with.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1b2a2a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b7

Ethnic group
    Italian

2 members found this post helpful.

I am not sure of the source of this graphic, but I saw it retweeted by Razib Khan

I don't agree with Democrats on many things, however, this is one thing I do agree with.
    With FDA approval, I hope some of the "Wait and see" will finally be convinced to take it. Moreover, employer mandates will bring in the "only if required". However, for the "Definitely not" I hope it doesn't come to death or hospitalization to reduce that figure...

One way or another, the vast majority will be vaccinated.

Ethnic group
    Italian

Life around me is completely back to normal, no doubt due to the fact that 80% of all adults are fully vaccinated and 96% of seniors. If that isn't herd immunity, I don't know what is...and still the efforts to get every last person vaccinated continue.

I feel pretty sanguine, therefore, about my own health. If somebody from the south or midwest comes onto the island with the Delta variant, I am pretty confident that even if I get it (about a 40% chance), I won't die or even get seriously ill.

I'm through worrying about the people who refuse to get vaccinated. Given that the Delta variant is more contagious that the prior variants, those people will get it, and they'll have to take their chances as to whether they get no symptoms, some symptoms, bad symptoms, or die. They made their choices and they'll have to live or die with the consequences.

When the booster shot for the Delta variant comes out, I'll take it, other than that, I'm no longer restricting my life to protect people who couldn't be bothered to take a free shot to protect themselves.

Non si fa il proprio dovere perchè qualcuno ci dica grazie, lo si fa per principio, per se stessi, per la propria dignità. Oriana Fallaci

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1b2a2a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b7

Ethnic group
    Italian

Life around me is completely back to normal, no doubt due to the fact that 80% of all adults are fully vaccinated and 96% of seniors. If that isn't herd immunity, I don't know what is...and still the efforts to get every last person vaccinated continue.

I feel pretty sanguine, therefore, about my own health. If somebody from the south or midwest comes onto the island with the Delta variant, I am pretty confident that even if I get it (about a 40% chance), I won't die or even get seriously ill.

I'm through worrying about the people who refuse to get vaccinated. Given that the Delta variant is more contagious that the prior variants, those people will get it, and they'll have to take their chances as to whether they get no symptoms, some symptoms, bad symptoms, or die. They made their choices and they'll have to live or die with the consequences.

When the booster shot for the Delta variant comes out, I'll take it, other than that, I'm no longer restricting my life to protect people who couldn't be bothered to take a free shot to protect themselves.
    I will probably feel the same way once my child is vaccinated. I know children generally do well with it, but still, I would rather avoid it from happening. Especially if it potentially impacts the brain, and IQ. We don't know what complications can happen down the line for children that have come in contact with the virus. But after that, these people unwilling to take the vaccine can take a revolver and literally play Russian roulette for all I care.

Ethnic group
    Italian,Irish,Jewish

Im back! Im at the lowest point of my life due to being a victim of layoffs caused by the pandemic. The company I worked for required human interaction, and I’ll leave it at that for privacy. It’s been a struggle to get back to my great salary and benefits for over a year and it won’t be any easier if we have to go through another pandemic with this new delta variant! I’ve been applying to various mid or senior software dev roles only to be denied due to lack of buzzword tech experience, fake jobs that don’t exist or scam interview projects that ask you to build an entire app with documentation then BOOM rejection! They’re either perfectionists or seeking out free consultancy!

Baron

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-BY593
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U5b2a2

I don't know good fact check sources from south of the border. If this is correct or not?

https://www.kiro7.com/news/trending/...KWIO6XBSZYYQY/

Leaked CDC report: Delta variant as contagious as chickenpox

"delta variant viral loads "

Baron

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-BY593
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U5b2a2

I don't know good fact check sources from south of the border. If this is correct or not?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...mask-guidance/

‘The war has changed’: Internal CDC document urges new messaging, warns delta infections likely more severe

Baron

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-BY593
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U5b2a2

Interesting retweet. I don't have twitter, interesting non the less.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1b2a2a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b7

Ethnic group
    Italian

Neither do I, I actually strongly dislike that platform. Nevertheless, a lot of geneticists are on there, so I sometimes check their feeds for new papers.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1b2a2a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b7

Ethnic group
    Italian

It does seem to be highly contagious, and vaccinated people can indeed spread the disease, despite breakthroughs being extremely minimal.

However, I would like to note I was wrong about the protection fully vaccinated people have against the delta variant.

Here is the study that discusses it:

Results: Effectiveness after one dose of vaccine (BNT162b2 or ChAdOx1 nCoV-19) was notably lower among persons with the delta variant (30.7%; 95% confidence interval [CI], 25.2 to 35.7) than among those with the alpha variant (48.7%; 95% CI, 45.5 to 51.7); the results were similar for both vaccines. With the BNT162b2 vaccine, the effectiveness of two doses was 93.7% (95% CI, 91.6 to 95.3) among persons with the alpha variant and 88.0% (95% CI, 85.3 to 90.1) among those with the delta variant. With the ChAdOx1 nCoV-19 vaccine, the effectiveness of two doses was 74.5% (95% CI, 68.4 to 79.4) among persons with the alpha variant and 67.0% (95% CI, 61.3 to 71.8) among those with the delta variant.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34289274/
    BNT162b2 is Pfizer is 88% effective against Delta for fully vaccinated.

Ethnic group
    Italian

It does seem to be highly contagious, and vaccinated people can indeed spread the disease, despite breakthroughs being extremely minimal.

However, I would like to note I was wrong about the protection fully vaccinated people have against the delta variant.

Here is the study that discusses it:

BNT162b2 is Pfizer is 88% effective against Delta for fully vaccinated.
    Isn't the vaccination rate for Manhattan south of Harlem about 90%? Still, with an infant in the house, I'd wear an actual surgical mask if indoors with non-family members in that situation. The cloth ones are better than nothing, but not extremely effective.

This isn't going to be over for the whole country until all adults are vaccinated. It's what was done with the smallpox vaccine, and that's why we don't need to get it now. Of course, that's going to be difficult with the idiot Biden administration letting in 50,000 people just this year over the southern border 50% of whom are Covid positive, the majority of those carrying the Delta variant.

Baron

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-BY593
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U5b2a2

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Im back! Im at the lowest point of my life due to being a victim of layoffs caused by the pandemic. The company I worked for required human interaction, and I’ll leave it at that for privacy. It’s been a struggle to get back to my great salary and benefits for over a year and it won’t be any easier if we have to go through another pandemic with this new delta variant! I’ve been applying to various mid or senior software dev roles only to be denied due to lack of buzzword tech experience, fake jobs that don’t exist or scam interview projects that ask you to build an entire app with documentation then BOOM rejection! They’re either perfectionists or seeking out free consultancy!
    IMO fully vaccinated should be monitored while wearing n95 masks and approved goggles both around the home and when they go outdoors to protect against the new contagious variants. Iceland-has a robust vaccination ratio rate and Australia are taking precautions and planning the next lockdown and or bringing in the army to help monitor the activity of those vaccinated who have weakened immune system and refuse to wear masks and googles/face shields or take the next upgraded booster shot and practice safe distancing.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1b2a2a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b7

Ethnic group
    Italian

IMO fully vaccinated should be monitored while wearing n95 masks and approved goggles both around the home and when they go outdoors to protect against the new contagious variants. Iceland-has a robust vaccination ratio rate and Australia are taking precautions and planning the next lockdown and or bringing in the army to help monitor the activity of those vaccinated who have weakened immune system and refuse to wear masks and googles/face shields or take the next upgraded booster shot and practice safe distancing.
    Clearly you're t-rolling, this is not going to continue, because you're going to be banned for sometime otherwise. Continuous disingenuous and facetious comments are not welcome, regardless of what you are arguing.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1b2a2a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b7

Ethnic group
    Italian

Isn't the vaccination rate for Manhattan south of Harlem about 90%? Still, with an infant in the house, I'd wear an actual surgical mask if indoors with non-family members in that situation. The cloth ones are better than nothing, but not extremely effective.
    This isn't going to be over for the whole country until all adults are vaccinated. It's what was done with the smallpox vaccine, and that's why we don't need to get it now. Of course, that's going to be difficult with the idiot Biden administration letting in 50,000 people just this year over the southern border 50% of whom are Covid positive, the majority of those carrying the Delta variant.
    Indeed, it is stupid and undermines all the efforts to clamp down on spread of the disease, by allowing undocumented unvaccinated people to enter the country.
    Last edited by Jovialis; 30-07-21 at 19:52.

Ethnic group
    Italo-celto-germanic

The Economist posted this infographic based on a YouGov survey. Anti-vaxxers are more likely to be Republican, Trump voters, rural, poor, uneducated and evangelical (that's basically the same category of people).

My book selection---Follow me on Facebook and Twitter --- My profile on Academia.edu and on ResearchGate ----Check Wa-pedia's Japan Guide
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "What is the use of living, if it be not to strive for noble causes and to make this muddled world a better place for those who will live in it after we are gone?", Winston Churchill.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast