Health Anti-vaxxer movement strongest in France

It does seem to be highly contagious, and vaccinated people can indeed spread the disease, despite breakthroughs being extremely minimal.

However, I would like to note I was wrong about the protection fully vaccinated people have against the delta variant.

Here is the study that discusses it:

BNT162b2 is Pfizer is 88% effective against Delta for fully vaccinated.

Isn't the vaccination rate for Manhattan south of Harlem about 90%? Still, with an infant in the house, I'd wear an actual surgical mask if indoors with non-family members in that situation. The cloth ones are better than nothing, but not extremely effective.

This isn't going to be over for the whole country until all adults are vaccinated. It's what was done with the smallpox vaccine, and that's why we don't need to get it now. Of course, that's going to be difficult with the idiot Biden administration letting in 50,000 people just this year over the southern border 50% of whom are Covid positive, the majority of those carrying the Delta variant.

Im back! Im at the lowest point of my life due to being a victim of layoffs caused by the pandemic. The company I worked for required human interaction, and I’ll leave it at that for privacy. It’s been a struggle to get back to my great salary and benefits for over a year and it won’t be any easier if we have to go through another pandemic with this new delta variant! I’ve been applying to various mid or senior software dev roles only to be denied due to lack of buzzword tech experience, fake jobs that don’t exist or scam interview projects that ask you to build an entire app with documentation then BOOM rejection! They’re either perfectionists or seeking out free consultancy!

IMO fully vaccinated should be monitored while wearing n95 masks and approved goggles both around the home and when they go outdoors to protect against the new contagious variants. Iceland-has a robust vaccination ratio rate and Australia are taking precautions and planning the next lockdown and or bringing in the army to help monitor the activity of those vaccinated who have weakened immune system and refuse to wear masks and googles/face shields or take the next upgraded booster shot and practice safe distancing.

IMO fully vaccinated should be monitored while wearing n95 masks and approved goggles both around the home and when they go outdoors to protect against the new contagious variants. Iceland-has a robust vaccination ratio rate and Australia are taking precautions and planning the next lockdown and or bringing in the army to help monitor the activity of those vaccinated who have weakened immune system and refuse to wear masks and googles/face shields or take the next upgraded booster shot and practice safe distancing.
Clearly you're t-rolling, this is not going to continue, because you're going to be banned for sometime otherwise. Continuous disingenuous and facetious comments are not welcome, regardless of what you are arguing.

Isn't the vaccination rate for Manhattan south of Harlem about 90%? Still, with an infant in the house, I'd wear an actual surgical mask if indoors with non-family members in that situation. The cloth ones are better than nothing, but not extremely effective.
This isn't going to be over for the whole country until all adults are vaccinated. It's what was done with the smallpox vaccine, and that's why we don't need to get it now. Of course, that's going to be difficult with the idiot Biden administration letting in 50,000 people just this year over the southern border 50% of whom are Covid positive, the majority of those carrying the Delta variant.

Indeed, it is stupid and undermines all the efforts to clamp down on spread of the disease, by allowing undocumented unvaccinated people to enter the country.

Last edited:
The Economist posted this infographic based on a YouGov survey. Anti-vaxxers are more likely to be Republican, Trump voters, rural, poor, uneducated and evangelical (that's basically the same category of people).

20210807_WOC666.png

Last edited:
I am unaware of any COVID-19 testing that differentiates between regular Covid-19, Delta, Lambda or any other variant.
A coworker of mine moonlights at a walk in clinic, that does high volume Covid testing. I asked him about this today and he said that the rapid PCR tests come back positive or negative.
Maybe “they” send the swabs out for more sensitive testing, and then notify the infected?

I am unaware of any COVID-19 testing that differentiates between regular Covid-19, Delta, Lambda or any other variant.
A coworker of mine moonlights at a walk in clinic, that does high volume Covid testing. I asked him about this today and he said that the rapid PCR tests come back positive or negative.
Maybe “they” send the swabs out for more sensitive testing, and then notify the infected?

Do you know if this is a legitimate website?
Department of Justice
Office of Public Affairs
https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/just...gest-health-care-fraud-settlement-its-history

Do you know if this is a legitimate website?
Department of Justice
Office of Public Affairs
https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/just...gest-health-care-fraud-settlement-its-history

What does this have to do with Covid-19? This is from 2009.

Are you trying to undermine the credibility of the vaccine by associating this unrelated incident?

I am growing impatient with people that are still casting doubts on a vaccine that clearly works. I don't give a crap if you want to jump of a building and commit suicide, but don't go around casting doubts on life saving medicine.

I took the J and J vaccine last week. I didn’t want it, but I gave into the guilt, shame and fear that is being heaped upon the unvaccinated.
Now, I feel as though I sold a piece of my soul and honestly, I do not feel like I am anymore immune to this ever mutating disease.

Meanwhile in France, the protests against vaccine passports continue for the fifth weekend in row and the government doesn’t seem to care. The voice of the people is being ignored.
It appears as though resistance is futile and that the freedom to decide medical care will soon be a thing of the past.

I took the J and J vaccine last week. I didn’t want it, but I gave into the guilt, shame and fear that is being heaped upon the unvaccinated.
Now, I feel as though I sold a piece of my soul and honestly, I do not feel like I am anymore immune to this ever mutating disease.
Meanwhile in France, the protests against vaccine passports continue for the fifth weekend in row and the government doesn’t seem to care. The voice of the people is being ignored.
It appears as though resistance is futile and that the freedom to decide medical care will soon be a thing of the past.

Guilt, shame and fear are exactly what people who don't want to not take life saving medication that will not only protect them, but those around them from a deadly disease. I don't want unvaccinated people near my family. It is an affront to my family that they are insisting they don't want to take the vaccine. Because they put them in jeopardy. If this is a war on a disease, than the willfully unvaccinated are colluding with the enemy, and that makes them my enemy.

Your soul? Give me a break, you would be selfish for not taking it, and irresponsible. Stop giving into peer pressure from people who are clearly just posturing because they "don't want to be told what to do". This is life and death we are talking about.

Anyone who doesn't take a vaccine should have to pay a premium on their health insurance. We don't need their stupidity backing up hospitals and wasting resources. We are all in the same boat. It is not your "choice" to poke holes in the haul. I hope they make life impossible for people who are willfully unvaccinated.

I am sure the overwhelming vast majority of those infected are among the UNVACCINATED! Nowhere is safe for these people, do you not get it yet?!

The issue of vaccine or not vaccine is a hot topic of where I live as well. I, after consulting with my Doctor, got vaccinated back in March (Pfizer). With this new Delta variant, my town has a video billboard at various parts of town that shows what the major hospitals have in terms of hospitalization and the numbers are like 90% unvaccinated to 10% vaccinated. So the evidence, again the evidence, suggest that the Vaccines do mitigate (not totally eradicate) the virus being transmitted.

Now I think once the FDA approves the COVID-19 vaccines, States individually and Feds Nationally are going to have the Constitutional standing to mandate vaccines. I consider myself a Judicial Conservative and seem Antonin Scalia, the son of Sicilian_Italian immigrants as a personal hero of mine. During this summer, Indiana University in Bloomington, a huge B1G 10 Research University mandated the vaccine. A group of students filed a lawsuit against Indiana University and ultimately the 7th US Circuit court 3-0 ruled in favor of Indiana University. The 3 judges who ruled on the case were 1) a Reagan appointee and 2) 2 Trump appointees. They cited a 1905 case of Massachusetts residents vs. State of MA which ruled that MA had the authority to mandate the Small pox vaccine. The Court ruled that there are conditions to attending a University that don't restrict rights, such as Tuition, Fees and yes other vaccines (Small pox, Polio, Tetnus, Rubella, etc).

So my theory is once the FDA approves the vaccine, the Government will mandate it and have 100% legal standing (Constitution sanctioned) to do so.

https://www.reuters.com/legal/gover...ccine-survives-7th-circuit-appeal-2021-08-02/

SCOTUS Associate Justice Barrett, another Trump appointee, read an appeal and did not think it needed to be taken to the Supreme Court which kind of signals where this will go once full FDA approval happens.

Guilt, shame and fear are exactly what people who don't want to not take life saving medication that will not only protect them, but those around them from a deadly disease. I don't want unvaccinated people near my family. It is an affront to my family that they are insisting they don't want to take the vaccine. Because they put them in jeopardy. If this is a war on a disease, than the willfully unvaccinated are colluding with the enemy, and that makes them my enemy.

Your soul? Give me a break, you would be selfish for not taking it, and irresponsible. Stop giving into peer pressure from people who are clearly just posturing because they "don't want to be told what to do". This is life and death we are talking about.

Your welcome.

This thread has been viewed 56679 times.

Back