Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The genetic structure of the Turkish population

Y-DNA haplogroup
    rare E-FGC7391
    MtDNA haplogroup
    h3ap

2 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dianatomia View Post
    E-v13 may be low in most of Turkey. But consider it is only 20% in Greeks. So if the average in central Anatolia is, say 5%. Then it means that 25% of the population may have Greek ancestry. If E-V13 is 10% at the Aegaen coast of Turkey, then that would indicate half of their ancestry may be Greek. So a 8.9% average could indicate a max. of 45% Greek ancestry. Just saying. We have to think proportionally.
    This paper
    https://bmcecolevol.biomedcentral.co...471-2148-11-69
    Found 19% e-v13 in phocea
    And 12% e-v13 in smyrna ( izmir)
    The samples were taken from people who trace
    There paternal line to the anatolian greeks
    In west anatolia coast

from the paper

To investigate the Y chromosomal demography of Greek colonization in the western Mediterranean, Y-chromosome data consisting of 29 YSNPs and 37 YSTRs were compared from 51 subjects from Provence, 58 subjects from Smyrna and 31 subjects whose paternal ancestry derives from Asia Minor Phokaia,

This study presents the first genetic data on those Greeks whose ancestry traces to western Anatolia before the 1923 exchange with Turkey. The two sites: Phokaia and Smyrna have a long established historical record and represent somewhat different Archaic Greek dialects and regions
    Last edited by kingjohn; 06-10-21 at 14:20.
    ancestery :
    mostly western jewish here is the overlapp with south europe[U]

2 members found this post helpful.
    This is particularly interesting since the Phoceans were important for Sicily and closer related to Dorians than other Anatolian Greeks afaik. Also interesting that even at their estimate, less than 1/5 of the E-V13 in the Provence can be attributed to the Greek colonisation, which would leave a majority coming from other sources, possibly with the Hallstatt culture, Ligurians and Celts.

1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Hmm, what do you mean by no J2a, change the page number, there is a lot of J2a and R1b-Z2103 as well.
    The z2103 is mostly armenian

Anyway, looks like turkey has very low v13, j2b l283, i2a p37 and other balkan lines. I would say majority of it is recent from ottoman as they took young males from all over south europe

Could you please post the study's page or/and spreadsheet's page the link seems to be broken

Y-DNA haplogroup
    rare E-FGC7391
    MtDNA haplogroup
    h3ap

Quote Originally Posted by Parapolitikos View Post
    Could you please post the study's page or/and spreadsheet's page the link seems to be broken

i know
    bummer
    i will not post spreadsheets anymore
    because we are taking the risk the person who created the spreedsheet
    will decide to eraze it one day

Quote Originally Posted by kingjohn View Post
    i know
    bummer :frown:
    i will not post spreadsheets anymore
    because we are taking the risk the person who created the spreedsheet
    will decide to eraze it one day
    It's a shame indeed . I was to explore the ydna data from the Turkmen/Seldjuk lineage narrative. But if the yfull data are anywhere near representative Turks are completely unrelated to Turkmens. Practically there is no Q-m25 in Turks. The little Q lineages found in Turks are 90% not Q-m25. Cinnioglu also reported similar rwsults, plus he reported Q-m25 (the little that it is found it's found in the regiona of the Kurds and Central Anatolia.

Either way am sure someone downloaded the spreadsheet and should post it here and in other forums.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123