Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: UEFA Euro 2020

I can't believe it, it's GAME OVER for Germany!!! Now I tend to believe that Italy could win the EURO 2021.

Banned

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-Df27
    MtDNA haplogroup
    T2b3e

1 members found this post helpful.
    Any of the quarterfinalists can win the Euro, with Germany, France, Holland, Portugal and Croatia out, everything is much more open. The Italians have not won the competition for more than 50 years and have only won it once. Belgium has a better team if they get Hazard and De Bruyne back and I think they are much better than the Italians (who have had very easy opponents so far).

If Spain wins we will have won our 4th Euro and we will surpass Germany who has three like us. Let's see how we do against Switzerland because they have a great team.

3 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaska View Post
    Any of the quarterfinalists can win the Euro, with Germany, France, Holland, Portugal and Croatia out, everything is much more open. The Italians have not won the competition for more than 50 years and have only won it once. Belgium has a better team if they get Hazard and De Bruyne back and I think they are much better than the Italians (who have had very easy opponents so far)...

I agree but my bet would still be on Italy.

By the way, some days ago, 3 random Germans were killed by a migrant with a knife who screamed "Allahu Akbar“ on the street. The German Nationalteam however, instead of wearing a black ribbon to mourn these victims, wore an LGBTQ ribbon and went down on their knees for BLM. The same goes for England most English fans don't want their team to bend the knee, but the National team doesn't care and keeps on going on their knees from day 1.
    This total politicizing of Football and one-sided pseudo-moral are a puke-inciting mess.

Now the German team can spend enough time on their woke activism.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1b2a2a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b7

Ethnic group
    Italian

Any of the quarterfinalists can win the Euro, with Germany, France, Holland, Portugal and Croatia out, everything is much more open. The Italians have not won the competition for more than 50 years and have only won it once. Belgium has a better team if they get Hazard and De Bruyne back and I think they are much better than the Italians (who have had very easy opponents so far).
    If Spain wins we will have won our 4th Euro and we will surpass Germany who has three like us. Let's see how we do against Switzerland because they have a great team.
    I guess the Italian national team were too busy winning four World Cups to be so concerned with the Euro.

How many does Spain have? One, is it?

Btw it seems we forgot to ban you for good for the other poison threads you made... Maybe we will keep you around for a just few more laughs.

Maybe, maybe not...

Quote Originally Posted by Jovialis View Post
    I guess the Italian national team were too busy winning four World Cups to be so concerned with the Euro.
    How many does Spain have? One, is it?
    Btw it seems we forgot to ban you for good for the other poison threads you made... Maybe we will keep you around for a just few more laughs.
    Maybe, maybe not...

Jovialis broh, this time Gaska was just telling his opinion about football, wasn't provocative and of course he's biased for Spain. Besides, I really believe that Italy has a good chance to win this Euro and I think they deserve it. The only weakness they probably have is that they are not so experienced.

Banned

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-Df27
    MtDNA haplogroup
    T2b3e

Now you're going to ban me for saying that Belgium has a better team than Italy? That's my opinion and I think they play much better football. I hope Italy wins in the quarterfinals because if we beat Switzerland (although I think they are favorites) I'd rather face Italy in the semifinals than Belgium.

And I think you are wrong because two of those world championships were won by Italy in Benito Mussolini's time, at least two decades before the Eurocup existed, so don't say that the Italians were busy winning other competitions. I don't think the Italians have a problem in recognizing that the Eurocup is simply a complicated competition for them. The English have never won it, maybe this is their year.

Spain has a very young and inexperienced team that makes many mistakes both in defense and attack so I think Belgium or England will win.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1b2a2a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b7

Ethnic group
    Italian

2 members found this post helpful.
    No I am just pointing out the fact that you were supposed to be banned already, because of your idiotic posts in other threads.

It has nothing to do with soccer, but rather your contemptible ignorance towards genetics, and history. Having you on this website is an embarrassment to us, and the rest of the modding staff are all in agreement.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1b2a2a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b7

Ethnic group
    Italian

Quote Originally Posted by real expert View Post
    Jovialis broh, this time Gaska was just telling his opinion about football, wasn't provocative and of course he's biased for Spain. Besides, I really believe that Italy has a good chance to win this Euro and I think they deserve it. The only weakness they probably have is that they are not so experienced.
    Excuse me, but did I say that?! Because you're putting words in my mouth! I said he should have already been banned for other legitimate reasons. Are you trying to create confusion and undermine what a I have actually said?!

Gaska is very radioactive, so I wouldn't be coming to his aid if I were you, or anyone else.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1b2a2a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b7

Ethnic group
    Italian

Also, Belgium is a good team, I know Italy has a big challenge ahead. They defeated Portugal who was ranked number 1 in the world. Belgium is a better team than Spain. If they go on to beat Italy, I would rather see them win over Spain.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1b2a2a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b7

Ethnic group
    Italian

Spain was good because of tiki-taka style, but then everyone figured out how to counter them. Example, when the Netherlands defeated them 1-5 in the World Cup.

Banned

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-Df27
    MtDNA haplogroup
    T2b3e

Wow, radiactive, idiotic posts, contemptible ignorance towards genetics and history, annoying Spanish fans.....

And all these insults just for telling the truth, that is to say that the Italians have not won the Euro for more than 50 years, that two of their world titles were won before WW II in Mussolini's time and that I think Belgium plays better soccer than Italy

I want Italy to beat Belgium because if we beat Switzerland I think it will be easier for Spain to reach the final and because this way we will give the Italians the revenge of the Euro 2012 final when we beat Italy 4 -0.

Maybe I will keep you around for a just few more laughs.
    Maybe, maybe not...
    And if we lose, nothing happens either, we go on vacation and start preparing for the World Cup.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1b2a2a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b7

Ethnic group
    Italian

Wow, radiactive, idiotic posts, contemptible ignorance towards genetics and history, annoying Spanish fans.....

And all these insults just for telling the truth, that is to say that the Italians have not won the Euro for more than 50 years, that two of their world titles were won before WW II in Mussolini's time and that I think Belgium plays better soccer than Italy

I want Italy to beat Belgium because if we beat Switzerland I think it will be easier for Spain to reach the final and because this way we will give the Italians the revenge of the Euro 2012 final when we beat Italy 4 -0.

Maybe I will keep you around for a just few more laughs.
    Maybe, maybe not...
    And if we lose, nothing happens either, we go on vacation and start preparing for the World Cup.
    No, these comments are directed at practically every single post you have ever made on this website. Not just the most recent.

Excuse me, but did I say that?! Because you're putting words in my mouth! I said he should have already been banned for other legitimate reasons. Are you trying to create confusion and undermine what a I have actually said?!
    Gaska is very radioactive, so I wouldn't be coming to his aid if I were you, or anyone else.

It wasn't my intention to put words in your mouth, and I definitely didn't want to create confusion. It's not that I and Gaska are buddies. However, I had the impression that you felt provoked by Gaska's negative comment about the Italian team. So, I just wanted to deescalate the situation because from experience football is a very emotional topic, and even friends have a falling-out with each other over football. My intention was to have a nice conversation about football and talk about favorites without too much fighting. I probably misunderstood your posting about banning Gaska. So, sorry for that and I hope that you will not take it amiss. In addition to that, I disagree with Gaska's opinion about the Italian team anyway since to me Italy is the favorite for winning the Euro and I wish them luck.

Also, Belgium is a good team, I know Italy has a big challenge ahead. They defeated Portugal who was ranked number 1 in the world. Belgium is a better team than Spain. If they go on to beat Italy, I would rather see them win over Spain.
    much will depend on KDB being fit
    the Portuguese played quite rough and it left its marks

lots of surprises in the tournement

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1b2a2a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b7

Ethnic group
    Italian

Spain was good because of tiki-taka style, but then everyone figured out how to counter them. Example, when the Netherlands defeated them 1-5 in the World Cup.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2XTUkcpgOs

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1b2a2a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b7

Ethnic group
    Italian

Quote Originally Posted by bicicleur 2 View Post
    much will depend on KDB being fit
    the Portuguese played quite rough and it left its marks

lots of surprises in the tournement
    Once Cristiano Ronaldo retires, it is going to be quite difficult for Portugal.

Banned

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-Df27
    MtDNA haplogroup
    T2b3e

Banned

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-Df27
    MtDNA haplogroup
    T2b3e

Banned

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-Df27
    MtDNA haplogroup
    T2b3e

Belgium can win their first Euro, they have the best strikers in Europe. I wouldn't mind if Ukraine won either.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1b2a2a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b7

Ethnic group
    Italian

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italy%...otball_rivalry

Friendlies don't count, and Italy has more goals. Also, Italy got revenge in 2016 by eliminating Spain in the Euro.

According to FIFA ranking Belgium has the best team in the world.
    That's what I've been hearing almost for 10 years now.
    If that's true it would be nice if they reached the finals of a big tournament for once.
    Lots of promises, but never got there.

Banned

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-Df27
    MtDNA haplogroup
    T2b3e

Reaching the final of a major competition is very difficult, in the last World Cup the four semi-finalists were European teams. I remember when Belgium beat us by penalties in the quarterfinals of the World Cup in Mexico, then the Belgians had a great team. Now they also have a great team and it is their moment. If Spain and Italy fall, only England will be left to face the Belgians. It could be a unique opportunity for them.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1b2a2a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b7

Ethnic group
    Italian

FYI, He was banned for re-starting a topic which was closed, on the Steppe theory, in addition to already meriting being banned.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1b2a2a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b7

Ethnic group
    Italian

FYI, He was banned for re-starting a topic which was closed, on the Steppe theory, in addition to already meriting being banned.

Ethnic group
    Italian

I completely understand how nationalistic fervor can come to the fore during big competitions like the Euro Cup and the World Cup. I watched Italy beat Germany and France when they won their last World Cup, and it was one of the most exhilarating moments of my life as far as sports go, and indeed even generally.

However, it can go too far. It's one thing to point out as objectively as possible the strengths and weaknesses of the current teams. It's another to show one's animus toward a particular team because of one's biases toward that country or a person from that country. People do it both directly and passive aggressively, and yes, I know plenty of Italians who did that against the German team in that World Cup. Winning against Germany was almost more important to them than winning against France and getting the World Cup. It wasn't right imo. I don't like to see that sort of thing.

Of course, even worse things happen, as we know. I'm sorry to say it but the British team supporters have been particularly culpable in that regard, although I don't root for certain regional Italian teams for the same reason, and because some of them have organized fans who are fascistic and racist, imo.

@Jovialis,

I can recognize passive aggression against me too. :)

His ban was a long time coming. I hope it sticks. He lessened the reputation of the site, imo.

Non si fa il proprio dovere perchè qualcuno ci dica grazie, lo si fa per principio, per se stessi, per la propria dignità. Oriana Fallaci

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast