Thread: UEFA Euro 2020

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-Z2103>BY611
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H7i1

Ethnic group
    Albanian

Quote Originally Posted by Jovialis View Post
    Unlike you, I never under-estimate anyone. Especially any team that has come far in the tournament. If Italy doesn't win tomorrow, I am fine with it. Of course, I would want them to win. IMO they have played magnificently thus far, and I believe they deserve respect for it.
    Stop talking about me, talk about Italy .

I did not underestimate Italy, considering their history no one can. I left the possibility open that they can make it through even win. I respect their efforts but don’t like their way.

This might help to understand where do I stand. Coming from an Italian might help you not to take my comment personal.

https://gianlucadimarzio.com/it/arri...-calcio-parole

Sent from my iPhone using Eupedia Forum

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1b2a2a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b7

Ethnic group
    Italian

The deleted posts are still there for the rest of staff to see. Do not pretend you are so innocent. Critical analysis is fine, your condescending and insulting tone and comments are not. I suggest you adjust your behavior, because the next infraction will be more sever.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-Z2103>BY611
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H7i1

Ethnic group
    Albanian

UEFA Euro 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    You're right. I didn't follow my own rule of not feeding t-rolls. Ignoring provocateurs on a site who spoil otherwise civil and even friendly discussions is the best reaction if you don't want to just remove them.

Who knows, perhaps I'm partly the cause for his attitude because I so often soundly trounce him and some of the other Albanian members when he spouts nonsense about Greek genetics. He, and they, forget how often I also combatted with facts the nonsense posted on this site that the Albanians, because many of them are Muslims, are descendants of Ottomans.

Their attitude, besides the lack of gratitude, shows how, for some people, facts don't matter, just their tribal instinct. Well, facts and scholarship matter to me very much. When I post I post the facts I've garnered from history, archaeology and genetics, the best experts in the field, and it is as close to objective as I can make it. Of course, when I or my country are attacked by people I think are biased I can get testy, but I think that's normal.

Anyway, back to the game. While it's clear and rather the consensus that Italy deserves to be there, I think the game will be a nail biter. Of course I'm nervous about it, as I'm sure both coaches and teams and lost of fans are nervous. Obviously, I really hope we win, but I'm fine if we don't; Mancini has brought the national team so far in three years. I'm just very grateful.

In bocca al lupo ragazzi. Forza Italia! :)
    In case this was for me.
    You are not the cause of my “attitude”, I just don’t like how the Italian National Team plays. It will be good to have an example of non-sense before labeling me as a t-roll. I guess their is no way to get out of here without personal insults, even for soccer preferences, It’s seems the norm here now. In order to avoid of being bias I did not expressed any opinion, only quoted what Italian say about their national team.

Thank you for saving me and other Albanian in this forum from becoming Turk. I am grateful but can’t repay you back by just saying that I like how Italy plays. It is a game after all so everyone has its taste and should not be t-rolled for it. May the best win.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-Z2103>BY611
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H7i1

Ethnic group
    Albanian

The deleted posts are still there for the rest of staff to see. Do not pretend you are so innocent. Critical analysis is fine, your condescending and insulting tone and comments are not. I suggest you adjust your behavior, because the next infraction will be more sever.
    Just trying to make you stop talking about me, is it possible. Can just talk about Italy strengths and weaknesses or England?

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-Z2103>BY611
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H7i1

Ethnic group
    Albanian

1 members found this post helpful.

UEFA Euro 2020

It seem to be a correlation between Eurovision and Euro. The underdog is favored.

Image1625929230.830895.jpg

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-Z2103>BY611
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H7i1

Ethnic group
    Albanian

Image1625960673.933987.jpg

Interesting match, I hope Messi wins something this time.

Quote Originally Posted by blevins13 View Post
    Image1625960673.933987.jpg

Interesting match, I hope Messi wins something this time.

Sent from my ****** using Eupedia Forum

Your wish came true. Argentina finally won the Copa America Cup.

England won with a controversial penalty, and an own goal. Not very convincing. In addition to that, many football fans think that this English team is quite unlikable. Therefore, plenty of football lovers from other nations, including those who actually never supported nor particularly liked Italy, are saying Forza Italia.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    I2a1b (L161-Isles)

Controversial penalty or not, England were clearly the better team, and also Denmark's free kick was questionable.

Not sure where you're getting this England team being unlikeable. Rashford is a national icon at the moment and the nation here is pretty united behind the team.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-Z2103>BY611
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H7i1

Ethnic group
    Albanian

I hope no one get insulted by this. To me is funny.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=o1eFjE8AFQ8

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1B U106 L44
    MtDNA haplogroup
    A2

Ethnic group
    Mixed , mostly Italian

2 members found this post helpful.
    Forza Italia!!!

Sent from my SM-G9600 using Eupedia Forum mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by I_too_am_I2 View Post
    Controversial penalty or not, England were clearly the better team, and also Denmark's free kick was questionable.
    Not sure where you're getting this England team being unlikeable. Rashford is a national icon at the moment and the nation here is pretty united behind the team.
    I hope you don't take it personally. But, I’ve read plenty of international comments from football fans that root for Italy instead of England. For instance, many German fans often don’t like the Italian National football team, but this time they like Italy better than England and would prefer to see them winning. I didn't mean that the English team isn't liked by their own fans, but that the other football fans don't find them really likeable. By the way, it seems that even the Scots don't support the English team.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...RAVEHEART.html
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ng-DIVING.html

Y-DNA haplogroup
    rare E-FGC7391
    MtDNA haplogroup
    h3ap

Quote Originally Posted by real expert View Post
    I hope you don't take it personally. But, I’ve read plenty of international comments from football fans that root for Italy instead of England. For instance, many German fans often don’t like the Italian National football team, but this time they like Italy better than England and would prefer to see them winning. I didn't mean that the English team isn't liked by their own fans, but that the other football fans don't find them really likeable. By the way, it seems that even the Scots don't support the English team.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...RAVEHEART.html
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ng-DIVING.html

not suprising at all
    mainly from historical resons

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Braveheart

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Wallace

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_...h_Independence
    ancestery :
    mostly western jewish here is the overlapp with south europe
    phenotype
    :
    gracile- med

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-Z2103>BY611
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H7i1

Ethnic group
    Albanian

Berretini looks in good shape.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-DF27/R-Y45921

I wish Jorginho good luck in today's great decisive match. Probably the majority of Brazilians cheer for his success in Eurocopa with the same emphasis that I cheered for the Copa América in the Brazil to be a fiasco, as it was...

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-Z2103>BY611
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H7i1

Ethnic group
    Albanian

Quote Originally Posted by Duarte View Post
    I wish Jorginho good luck in today's great decisive match. Probably the majority of Brazilians cheer for his success in Eurocopa with the same emphasis that I cheered for the Copa América in the Brazil to be a fiasco, as it was...

Why a fiasco?

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-DF27/R-Y45921

Quote Originally Posted by blevins13 View Post
    Why a fiasco?

Sent from my ****** using Eupedia Forum
    Brazil vs Argentina: super classic saves a melancholy Copa America

“Duel between Messi and Neymar at Maracanã will be a final act of luxury for a tournament that is of little relevance in the context in which it was rushed to the country.”

“Brazil supporters have lacked interest in this year's tournament due to the COVID-19 pandemic in the nation and last-minute changes which saw Brazil host the Copa after CONMEBOL announced Argentina and Colombia would no longer stage the event.”

https://www.espn.com/soccer/brazil-b...messi-in-final

PS: Copa América was broadcast by one secondary television network in the country, the SBT - Sistema Brasileiro de Televisão. The country's biggest television network, the Globo - Rede Globo de Televisão solemnly ignored the tournament and Globo's routine programming, shown during Brazil's game schedules, beat the Brazilian national team's games shown by SBT by more than 20 percentage points . I believe that says it all.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-Z2103>BY611
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H7i1

Ethnic group
    Albanian

UEFA Euro 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Duarte View Post
    Brazil vs Argentina: super classic saves a melancholy Copa America

“Duel between Messi and Neymar at Maracanã will be a final act of luxury for a tournament that is of little relevance in the context in which it was rushed to the country.”

“Brazil supporters have lacked interest in this year's tournament due to the COVID-19 pandemic in the nation and last-minute changes which saw Brazil host the Copa after CONMEBOL announced Argentina and Colombia would no longer stage the event.”

https://www.espn.com/soccer/brazil-b...messi-in-final

PS: Copa América was broadcast by one secondary television network in the country, the SBT - Sistema Brasileiro de Televisão. The country's biggest television network, the Globo - Rede Globo de Televisão solemnly ignored the tournament and Globo's routine programming, shown during Brazil's game schedules, beat the Brazilian national team's games shown by SBT by more than 20 percentage points . I believe that says it all.
    Final was not bad, but I was expecting more. Brazil has become very physical. At the end glad for Messi after so many disappointments.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    I2a1b (L161-Isles)

The Scots have never, ever supported England so that's not surprising. Ditto the Germans - England have a longstanding historical rivalry with them.

Anyway we're 1-0 up and playing really well so who cares?

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-Z2103>BY611
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H7i1

Ethnic group
    Albanian

UEFA Euro 2020

The Scots have never, ever supported England so that's not surprising. Ditto the Germans - England have a longstanding historical rivalry with them.

Anyway we're 1-0 up and playing really well so who cares?
    It seems that finals are not meant to be played, are meant to be won. Pace is very slow. England is playing very tactically which is unusual for an English National Team.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    I2a1b (L161-Isles)

Indeed! This is a very different England team.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-Z2103>BY611
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H7i1

Ethnic group
    Albanian

Indeed! This is a very different England team.
    It seems allergic to the ball ⚽️.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1b2a2a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b7

Ethnic group
    Italian

3 members found this post helpful.
    Yeeeeeeehhhhhh!!!!!!

Italy wins!

Ethnic group
    Italian

Yeeeeeeehhhhhh!!!!!!
    Italy wins!
    I almost lost my lunch when I saw that first England goal, but they pulled themselves together and played better football even if it had to go to penalties. Didn't see much catenaccio by Italy, did you???

Glad to see the English analysts honestly doing their job. Sad that the English fans made it such an unpleasant evening, even if it was covered up as much as possible, and I'm not talking about booing during the Italian anthem.

Now I'll go back and finish my glass of wine.

Non si fa il proprio dovere perchè qualcuno ci dica grazie, lo si fa per principio, per se stessi, per la propria dignità. Oriana Fallaci

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1b2a2a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b7

Ethnic group
    Italian

4 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    I almost lost my lunch when I saw that first England goal, but they pulled themselves together and played better football even if it had to go to penalties. Didn't see much catenaccio by Italy, did you???

Glad to see the English analysts honestly doing their job. Sad that the English fans made it such an unpleasant evening, even if it was covered up as much as possible, and I'm not talking about booing during the Italian anthem.

Now I'll go back and finish my glass of wine.

We actually just got finished barbecuing when that first goal happened. We suddenly lost our appetite, we ate a little bit, then went to coffee and then a bit of hard liquor. After the match we re-heated the food on the barbecue and ate happily! What a great day, I will remember it forever.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast