UEFA Euro 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever, for the great playing, at the end of the day, it didn't produce a win.

Imagine you have an employee that does nearly everything right, but in the end cannot close a deal or make a sale. What good is it in the end?

Italy played hard, and didn't allow Spain to beat them, no matter what you think. It came down to penalty because BOTH teams are good. But in the end, Italy won. Penalties are a part of the game.

Italy defended hard, as always, Spain missed many chances since is a new team. At the end the team that played more calcio and less football passed the turn on penalty shout out. One team was clearly better than the other on the field . One team played with the ball the other refused to, and parked a bus before their 🥅 Image1625683250.578122.jpg

Some times the fortune favors the less deserving. The is not something new. We can go along and say the Italy [emoji634] deserved to pass the turn but that will be not fair to Spain [emoji633]. I hope Italy [emoji634] wins at the end, its seems you need it more.

Sent from my iPhone using Eupedia Forum

Italy defended hard, as always, Spain missed many chances since is a new team. At the end the team that played more calcio and less football passed the turn on penalty shout out. One team was clearly better than the other on the field . One team played with the ball the other refused to, and parked a bus before their ������ View attachment 12755

Some times the fortune favors the less deserving. The is not something new. We can go along and say the Italy [emoji634] deserved to pass the turn but that will be not fair to Spain [emoji633]. I hope Italy [emoji634] wins at the end, its seems you need it more.

Sent from my ****** using Eupedia Forum

"Less deserving" Please. I am done with you. Italy doesn't need to win the Euro cup to prove greatness, as a culture. There are countless other examples of our greatness that has nothing to do with sports. You are so petty.

I think you hate Italy more than you love Spain.

Hate is a big word, I don’t like their soccer, that is all no hate involved. As a culture we share a lot with south Italy. Spain I don’t hide it, I like their soccer a-lot.

"Less deserving" Please. I am done with you. Italy doesn't need to win the Euro cup to prove greatness, as a culture. There are countless other examples of our greatness that has nothing to do with sports. You are so petty.

Read or listen, Arrigo, if he is petty so am I. Italians are so afraid to loose so they always play defensively. The win is so important so nobody cares about the game. The score board is the climax. Your comments have shown that. Greatness of culture yes, in the eyes of the whole world. But here we are not talking how the world sees Italy, but how they see themselves and how that is reflected in Calcio. All this discussion was just to make a point that culture and history is reflected in how teams play based on Arrigo Sacchi experience and soccer philosophy. I am wandering why you are so offensive. In case you don’t agree with me or Arrigo just say so. Good fortune with tournament.

Two excellent goals by both teams in today's match, particularly the free kick by Demark. That was a bullet. I have been very impressed by the pace of the game. This is my style of game. Fast passes, fast people. Standing around passing the ball is so boring.

Read or listen, Arrigo, if he is petty so am I. Italians are so afraid to loose so they always play defensively. The win is so important so nobody cares about the game. The score board is the climax. Your comments have shown that. Greatness of culture yes, in the eyes of the whole world. But here we are not talking how the world sees Italy, but how they see themselves and how that is reflected in Calcio. All this discussion was just to make a point that culture and history is reflected in how teams play based on Arrigo Sacchi experience and soccer philosophy. I am wandering why you are so offensive. In case you don’t agree with me or Arrigo just say so. Good fortune with tournament.

Playing defensively was a strategy that served the Italian National Team well for years, I don't see how you connect that with something like how Italians perceive themselves. To me, it is just about playing conservatively. I find it very strange that one would make such a leap in thinking!

I just find it annoying that you are trying to minimize our win over Spain, just because it was done in a penalty shoot out. Italy won fair and square, there is no denying that. Also, all the straws you are grasping that will not change it.

Here is a thought-experiment, suppose in a match between two boxers, one lands more punches, but in the end loses by TKO, would you said he is a better fighter? I don't think so. Examining all of those stats is nothing but a bunch of hot garbage imo, when the team ultimately loses.

I don't care what Arrigo says. Watch some Serie A games for yourself. The game has evolved in Italy. Just like the game has evolved in Spain and everywhere else. Sometimes the Spanish play a very static game consisting of basically ball possession. It is almost as boring as catenaccio. But to equate the current Series A to catenaccio from the 70's is unfair. Maybe Arrigo is still living in the 70s.

I don't care what Arrigo says. Watch some Serie A games for yourself. The game has evolved in Italy. Just like the game has evolved in Spain and everywhere else. Sometimes the Spanish play a very static game consisting of basically ball possession. It is almost as boring as catenaccio. But to equate the current Series A to catenaccio from the 70's is unfair. Maybe Arrigo is still living in the 70s.

The whole point was not how Italy plays now, but how culture and history affect the game. You may agree or disagree with Arrigo it is up to you, but at the end who can better analyze the philosophy of Italian soccer than Arrigo.

Playing defensively was a strategy that served the Italian National Team well for years, I don't see how you connect that with something like how Italians perceive themselves. To me, it is just about playing conservatively. I find it very strange that one would make such a leap in thinking!

I just find it annoying that you are trying to minimize our win over Spain, just because it was done in a penalty shoot out. Italy won fair and square, there is no denying that. Also, all the straws you are grasping that will not change it.

Here is a thought-experiment, suppose in a match between two boxers, one lands more punches, but in the end loses by TKO, would you said he is a better fighter? I don't think so. Examining all of those stats is nothing but a bunch of hot garbage imo, when the team ultimately loses.

Why so much repetition,

The argument remain the same and it was made by Arrigo. My initial comment was not about last night game.

“Il calcio è il riflesso, la metafora della storia di una nazione, della sua cultura”

If you are interested read Arrigos book or Lectures.

Before trying your experiments understand what the others are talking about.

Whatever, for the great playing, at the end of the day, it didn't produce a win.

Imagine you have an employee that does nearly everything right, but in the end cannot close a deal or make a sale. What good is it in the end?

Italy played hard, and didn't allow Spain to beat them, no matter what you think. It came down to penalty because BOTH teams are good. But in the end, Italy won. Penalties are a part of the game.

England has gone through.

I personally was shocked when I saw that when timed, Spain had possession two thirds of the time. It honestly didn't look like that to me, maybe because so much of that passing looked meaningless and boring to me, especially, if I remember correctly, in the first half. Spain lacks good strikers; there's no getting around it. Still a great team, tho.

I just love how a style of play invented and introduced by an Argentinian coach of Spanish descent is supposed to be a reflection of an enduring national trait and nothing more. Maybe it defines Spaniards as well? I mean, could just passing it around amongst yourselves while the clock tick tocks also be a "pessimistic" way to play? :)

It's all nonsense. The "catenaccio" the Italians learned from a foreigner served it well, as you say, as Spain's style served it well. That's why they stuck to their styles for so long. However, both national teams have moved on. Have people not been watching Italy the last three years? Does that mean the national character of these countries has changed? Is everybody here too young to remember how people used to say the Germans had no creativity and that's why their games weren't great? Well, they learned creativity, I guess. :)

I did not think that's a penalty in extra time but whatever, Kane misses the penalty but scores in the rebound. England is the team of destiny. They did dominate the game anyway.

Now against italy
Hope italy will win :)
I like chiesa and barella
But i think the english squad are favourit:unsure:

P.s
I think the danish goalkeeper gaspar schmichel was amazing
And saved denmark from few more goals

England has gone through.

I personally was shocked when I saw that when timed, Spain had possession two thirds of the time. It honestly didn't look like that to me, maybe because so much of that passing looked meaningless and boring to me, especially, if I remember correctly, in the first half. Spain lacks good strikers; there's no getting around it. Still a great team, tho.

I just love how a style of play invented and introduced by an Argentinian coach of Spanish descent is supposed to be a reflection of an enduring national trait and nothing more. Maybe it defines Spaniards as well? I mean, could just passing it around amongst yourselves while the clock tick tocks also be a "pessimistic" way to play? :)

It's all nonsense. The "catenaccio" the Italians learned from a foreigner served it well, as you say, as Spain's style served it well. That's why they stuck to their styles for so long. However, both national teams have moved on. Have people not been watching Italy the last three years? Does that mean the national character of these countries has changed? Is everybody here too young to remember how people used to say the Germans had no creativity and that's why their games weren't great? Well, they learned creativity, I guess. :)

A nonsense articulated by the greatest mind of the Italian football….thing about it, or better read about it. Herrera did not invent catenaccio. He made it known due to FC inter success. Climax of this evening: Explain to Italians their calcio philosophy and how it reflects their culture and history. Enjoy the tournament sport fans.

Why so much repetition,

The argument remain the same and it was made by Arrigo. My initial comment was not about last night game.

“Il calcio è il riflesso, la metafora della storia di una nazione, della sua cultura”

If you are interested read Arrigos book or Lectures.

Before trying your experiments understand what the others are talking about.

Your attitude is pathetic, Italy won, deal with it. What are you talking about? You are saying nothing!

A nonsense articulated by the greatest mind of the Italian football….thing about it, or better read about it. Herrera did not invent catenaccio. He made it known due to FC inter success. Climax of this evening: Explain to Italians their calcio philosophy and how it reflects their culture and history. Enjoy the tournament sport fans.

Nobody cares! This is becoming a spam...

Your attitude is pathetic, Italy won, deal with it. What are you talking about? You are saying nothing!

Nothing against Italy passing the turn , they win as they always do. Some people like some people don’t, it’s a matter of taste. My point was totally different triggered by a comment of yours. The point that I made is discussed many times in Italian Sport Program due to luck of success in the international events of the Italian clubs. Last time 2010. No one considers it pathetic, they say that Italian Calcio need to change and become more offensive. I close my argument here since you started with personal insults. It seems that you don’t follow Italian soccer on club level a lot either wise you will understand what I am talking about.

You keep repeating that football is a reflection of culture, Okay! AND?

It is no secret they became more offensive, so what? They have excelled at doing so. It is your attitude which is pathetic, btw, maybe you don't understand English properly.

Yes I understand what you're talking about, but frankly I don't care what you think. It is inconsequential what you think. You're trying to minimize Italy's legitimate and hard fought victory over Spain, for the past three pages. You have begun with personal insults to me, and you are skating on thin ice, and have been obnoxious. Now I suggest you move on from this topic, because I am losing my patience with you.

Also, I don't really care for club soccer because the teammates can be from anywhere, as long as they are paid well. I like the competition between the national teams, because the Italian team is (mostly) ethnically Italian. That is what's more interesting to me TBH.

You keep repeating that football is a reflection of culture, Okay! AND?

It is no secret they became more offensive, so what? They have excelled at doing so. It is your attitude which is pathetic, btw, maybe you don't understand English properly.

Yes I understand what you're talking about, but frankly I don't care what you think. It is inconsequential what you think. You're trying to minimize Italy's legitimate and hard fought victory over Spain, for the past three pages. You have begun with personal insults to me, and you are skating on thin ice, and have been obnoxious. Now I suggest you move on from this topic, because I am losing my patience with you.

What personal insult?!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

This thread has been viewed 42233 times.

Back