UEFA Euro 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Italy is very likely to win this Eurocup, they have been the best team in this tournament so far. Only Spain has been able to match Italy.

Also, I don't really care for club soccer because the teammates can be from anywhere, as long as they are paid well. I like the competition between the national teams, because the Italian team is (mostly) ethnically Italian. That is what's more interesting to me TBH.

My point was National Team soccer and strategy is based on National League soccer and strategy. Just stop with the insults, it is not fair as a moderator, 7 games of a major tournament every 2 years, does not give you a lot of insight. I have been watching Seria A starting from 1990, so trust me, I know one or two more than you do, about Italian game strategy and tactics. I am inter Milan fan from that time. So no intention to dawn play Italy success, it seems so to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Eupedia Forum

My point was National Team soccer and strategy is based on National League soccer and strategy. Just stop with the insults, it is not fair as a moderator, 7 games of a major tournament every 2 years, does not give you a lot of insight. I have been watching Seria A starting from 1990, so trust me, I know one or two more than you do, about Italian game strategy and tactics. I am inter Milan fan from that time. So no intention to dawn play Italy success, it seems so to you.

Sent from my ****** using Eupedia Forum
I guess watching 31 years of club football has not given you common sense!

I guess watching 31 years of club football has not given you common sense!

I am wondering why you keep making comments/ insults about me? You don’t even know me. I posted something about culture and soccer relation. I still don’t understand why you keep making comments about my common sense, my bizzarro world, and other negativity. Just stop, it does not honor you. Show me how I insulted you?!!!!!!

Your condescending tone is insulting enough, and is unwelcome in a friendly thread about the tournament.

As for club football, it is more of a determent to the Italian National Team than a benefit. Everyone from around the world comes to Italy to play in the clubs, than they take their skills they've forged, return home, and bring glory to their own countries. I guess the Italians haven't learned their lesson from involving the Goths in the Roman military.

Your condescending tone is insulting enough, and is unwelcome in a friendly thread about the tournament.

As for club football, it is more of a determent to the Italian National Team than a benefit. Everyone from around the world comes to Italy to play in the clubs, than they take their skills they've forged, return home, and bring glory to their own countries. I guess the Italians haven't learned their lesson from involving the Goths in the Roman military.

My tone with Italians is never condescending, I have several Italian Clients that work in Albania, my tone with them is playful and funny. With you my tone has been patient and not insulting in any way or word. I wanted to show you what Italians in Italy think about their soccer strategy and development.
It seems that you don’t care, plus some insults. What a waste of time from my side. The foult is all mine. Never will repeat such mistake.

Glory? It is only a game, or it is not, Sacchi has said something for this as well.

My tone with Italians is never condescending, I have several Italian Clients that work in Albania, my tone with them is playful and funny. With you my tone has been patient and not insulting in any way or word. I wanted to show you what Italians in Italy think about their soccer strategy and development.
It seems that you don’t care, plus some insults. What a waste of time from my side. The foult is all mine. Never will repeat such mistake.

Glory? It is only a game, or it is not, Sacchi has said something for this as well.

Fine, than I will take you for your word.

Enjoy the final.

I agree. The same thing happens with technology and science in the U.S.

My Dad's favorite "big" team was Juve, and I used to follow them rather consistently, but the more and more foreigners they bring in, the more it's just about ***ing players from wherever the way they used to *** gladiators, the less passionate I am in my support. I'm aware die hard fans of the game itself don't think that way, but that's the way it is for me. That's why the Euro Cup and the World Cup are so much more important to me.

As for Italy's "style", whatever anyone says, "Catenaccio" was brought TO Italy. Regardless of whether it suited their stereotypically "cautious" natures, they would never have used it for so long if it hadn't worked. The "goal", pun intended, is to WIN. :) They've changed over time, for the better, imo, if you're interested in a fast moving, more exciting game but they have started to change because the game itself, especially if you're talking about the national teams has change. The objective, as I said, is to win; that's why the German national team changed, and the Italian team has been changing, and even the Spanish team will tweak and adjust if they want to keep winning.

There's a good discussion of it here, starting at 2:20.

I do agree with the vast majority of the professional analysts that Italy has dominated this World Cup. They've been the best team overall so far, and have played with a flair, and passion, and joy which has made them a "joy" to watch even for my non Italian descent friends. There's been a lot of wearing of the Italian jersey among the younger people here. :)

As for what will happen on Sunday, it's anybody's guess. This game is a fickle mistress. Interestingly enough, those on this site claiming to be such experts have been consistently wrong, but then have so many of the "experts".

What I do know is they'll play their "new" style so long as it works. If they have to resort to the "catenaccio", they will. They'll do everything they can do and have to do to bring the Cup to Roma.

I agree. The same thing happens with technology and science in the U.S.

My Dad's favorite "big" team was Juve, and I used to follow them rather consistently, but the more and more foreigners they bring in, the more it's just about ***ing players from wherever the way they used to *** gladiators, the less passionate I am in my support. I'm aware die hard fans of the game itself don't think that way, but that's the way it is for me. That's why the Euro Cup and the World Cup are so much more important to me.

As for Italy's "style", whatever anyone says, "Catenaccio" was brought TO Italy. Regardless of whether it suited their stereotypically "cautious" natures, they would never have used it for so long if it hadn't worked. The "goal", pun intended, is to WIN. :) They've changed over time, for the better, imo, if you're interested in a fast moving, more exciting game but they have started to change because the game itself, especially if you're talking about the national teams has change. The objective, as I said, is to win; that's why the German national team changed, and the Italian team has been changing, and even the Spanish team will tweak and adjust if they want to keep winning.

There's a good discussion of it here, starting at 2:20.

I do agree with the vast majority of the professional analysts that Italy has dominated this World Cup. They've been the best team overall so far, and have played with a flair, and passion, and joy which has made them a "joy" to watch even for my non Italian descent friends. There's been a lot of wearing of the Italian jersey among the younger people here. :)

As for what will happen on Sunday, it's anybody's guess. This game is a fickle mistress. Interestingly enough, those on this site claiming to be such experts have been consistently wrong, but then have so many of the "experts".

What I do know is they'll play their "new" style so long as it works. If they have to resort to the "catenaccio", they will. They'll do everything they can do and have to do to bring the Cup to Roma.

I completely agree, for me watching the Euro and World Cup has a lot more meaning than basically watching two souless corporations go head to head in the club games.

LABERIA has been banned. Kind of pathetic he still lurks on here giving upvotes that amount to zero rep points, because his own rep was so low. That's who gave you all of your upvotes btw.

In case this is directed to me, I don’t know what are you talking about, since I don’t use a desktop, I don’t see any votes, reps, or who gives them. You use the word pathetic very often, I am wondering how old are you?

I've been reading that the English supporters were verbally abusing, spitting on, and even attacking the Danish fans. I know that the English tifosi have a particularly bad reputation, but that's really low. I hope it's not true; that would really reflect badly on their country.

They shouldn't let drunken rowdies into the stadium.

I sure hope they don't spoil Sunday's game.

@Blevin,
Honestly, what's wrong with you? Did they give you or someone in your family a bad time in Italy? If so, I'm sorry, but the Albanians, especially the first wave, certainly wouldn't have endeared themselves to any country.

Stop trying to pretend you're some expert on the game. Your predictions on this thread have been completely wrong. You obviously also don't understand the subtleties of what you read in either Italian or English.

I've been reading that the English supporters were verbally abusing, spitting on, and even attacking the Danish fans. I know that the English tifosi have a particularly bad reputation, but that's really low. I hope it's not true; that would really reflect badly on their country.

They shouldn't let drunken rowdies into the stadium.

I sure hope they don't spoil Sunday's game.

@Blevin,
Honestly, what's wrong with you? Did they give you or someone in your family a bad time in Italy? If so, I'm sorry, but the Albanians, especially the first wave, certainly wouldn't have endeared themselves to any country.

Stop trying to pretend you're some expert on the game. Your predictions on this thread have been completely wrong. You obviously also don't understand the subtleties of what you read in either Italian or English.

I am fine, thanks for asking, I appreciate your concern for me.

Which predictions? Your comment are inappropriate at least, and all these because I posted something that Sacchi said about Italian calcio and I agree with. No real connection with Italy, been there for medical reasons only. Great doctors real good they save my wife’s life, so I am in their debt. So no real reason to hate them, but never liked the way Italian play soccer (in my eye very often cheaty and tricky) does not feet with the person I am.

As for foreign players, Barcelona brought Krujf, they learn from him total football. From there they developed tiki-taka and won in 4 years 2008-2012 (3 trophy) what italy has won from 1968 (3 trophy). Sacchi did the same with AC Milan, his work for total football was lost, even though he revolutionized Milan before Barcelona. Mancini has done a great job no doubt, but the real lasting change starts from the clubs. To me this is the weakest Italy in terms of quality that has ever reached a final. Hope their adversaries will be at the same level or will be a repetition of Euro 2012 against Spain.
Image1625873885.598887.jpg

I am a Juve & Barcelona & Leeds fan and enjoy watching them play. Unfortunately Juve and Barca have become more marketing organizations than football organizations. They have signed up galacticos (famous and marketable players) without any consideration to how they fit in the team ( for example Griezman plays the same position as Messi, he's not a winger but Barca is playing him as such). Barca in particular and Juve to some extent are in major debt partly because of covid but mostly because of mismanagement and letting the marketing guys run the place. Meanwhile their feeder youth leagues have been neglected. At the UCL level you have the Premier clubs and PSG have basically unlimited budgets while Barca and Juve have been subject to Fair Play rules. Something needs to be done at the UEFA level to level the playing field.

It is no use Angela, his denialism is unshakable, because he cannot live with the uncomfortable truth that Italy has advanced to the final. Truth is this team is the best one since 2006, and he has to eat his words from previous posts. He is just a hater.

I guess that's not something you can really understand, considering Albania has never won a Euro or World cup.

I am fine, thanks for asking, I appreciate your concern for me.

Which predictions? Your comment are inappropriate at least, and all these because I posted something that Sacchi said about Italian calcio and I agree with. No real connection with Italy, been there for medical reasons only. Great doctors real good they save my wife’s life, so I am in their debt. So no real reason to hate them, but never liked the way Italian play soccer (in my eye very often cheaty and tricky) does not feet with the person I am.

As for foreign players, Barcelona brought Krujf, they learn from him total football. From there they developed tiki-taka and won in 4 years 2008-2012 (3 trophy) what italy has won from 1968 (3 trophy). Sacchi did the same with AC Milan, his work for total football was lost, even though he revolutionized Milan before Barcelona. Mancini has done a great job no doubt, but the real lasting change starts from the clubs. To me this is the weakest Italy in terms of quality that has ever reached a final. Hope their adversaries will be at the same level or will be a repetition of Euro 2012 against Spain.

I strongly disagree. This team of Italy is better than the one from 2012, which was carried to the final thanks to a great Balotelli. Look at Chiesa, Insigne, Bonucci, Chiellini, Berardi, etc.

Also, this team is the only one that really could beat the other best team of the tournament, that was Spain.

It is no use Angela, his denialism is unshakable, because he cannot live with the uncomfortable truth that Italy has advanced to the final. Truth is this team is the best one since 2006, and he has to eat his words from previous posts. He is just a hater.

Image1625901756.139300.jpg

You mean this word. In 2012, Italy went in the final after beating Germany (same team that won the World Cup 2 years latter). And you thing that this italy of 2020 is better then them, it is your opinion, can I express mine without insults or personal comments from the moderators.

Image1625902321.316948.jpg

I strongly disagree. This team of Italy is better than the one from 2012, which was carried to the final thanks to a great Balotelli. Look at Chiesa, Insigne, Bonucci, Chiellini, Berardi, etc.

Also, this team is the only one that really could beat the other best team of the tournament, that was Spain.

You might be right but Bonucci and Chiellini were playing than as well. The master mind was Pirlo. And Balotelli was very strong offensively. In my eyes they were stronger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

This thread has been viewed 42203 times.

Back