Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum

View Poll Results: Would you support another country's team in football?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • I support my country above all others!

    4 23.53%
  • I may support another country if my country isn't playing

    8 47.06%
  • I may changed support to another country after my country has been eliminated

    5 29.41%
  • I support several countries

    5 29.41%
  • I generally support another country than my own

    2 11.76%
  • I don't support anyone/don't care

    1 5.88%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 140

Thread: Would you support another country's team in football?

  1. #26
    Regular Member Salento's Avatar
    Join Date
    30-05-17
    Posts
    4,984

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 - SK1480
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H12a

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Duarte View Post
    No. Italy can be there. Is the leader of Group C of Cup Playoffs Europe. The next match will be against Bulgary. September 2, 2021.

    GRUPO C

    CLASSIFICAÇÃO
    1 ITA 0
    2 SUI 0
    3 IRN 1
    4 BUL 1
    5 LIT 2
    P J V E D GP GC SG % ÚLT. JOGOS
    9 3 3 0 0 6 0 6 100
    6 2 2 0 0 4 1 3 100
    1 2 0 1 1 0 2 -2 16.7
    1 3 0 1 2 1 5 -4 11.1
    0 2 0 0 2 0 3 -3 0


    JOGOS


    4ª RODADA


    • QUI 02/09/2021 15:45
      ITA

      BUL



    • QUI 02/09/2021 15:45
      LIT

      IRN



    I know, … I meant to say wasn’t there the last World Cup, … I didn’t notice the “auto-correct” changing my sentence, lol

    I used the mic …
    🕷️

  2. #27
    Regular Member Duarte's Avatar
    Join Date
    08-01-19
    Location
    Belo Horizonte
    Posts
    2,090

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-DF27-FGC35133

    Ethnic group
    Portuguese-Brazilian
    Country: Brazil



    Quote Originally Posted by Salento View Post
    I know, … I meant to say wasn’t there the last World Cup, … I didn’t notice the “auto-correct” changing my sentence, lol

    I used the mic …

  3. #28
    Regular Member Salento's Avatar
    Join Date
    30-05-17
    Posts
    4,984

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 - SK1480
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H12a

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States



    1 members found this post helpful.
    … if you ask me, … they should reconsider, and move the World Cup somewhere where we’re all welcomed, … though nobody asked me :)

  4. #29
    Regular Member Duarte's Avatar
    Join Date
    08-01-19
    Location
    Belo Horizonte
    Posts
    2,090

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-DF27-FGC35133

    Ethnic group
    Portuguese-Brazilian
    Country: Brazil



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Salento View Post
    … if you ask me, … they should reconsider, and move the World Cup somewhere where we’re all welcomed, … though nobody asked me :)
    I agree ;)

  5. #30
    Regular Member Salento's Avatar
    Join Date
    30-05-17
    Posts
    4,984

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 - SK1480
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H12a

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Duarte View Post
    I agree ;)
    that said, … just in case, … I hope that Brazil doesn’t redeem itself against Italy

  6. #31
    Regular Member Duarte's Avatar
    Join Date
    08-01-19
    Location
    Belo Horizonte
    Posts
    2,090

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-DF27-FGC35133

    Ethnic group
    Portuguese-Brazilian
    Country: Brazil



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Salento View Post
    that said, … just in case, … I hope that Brazil doesn’t redeem itself against Italy

    If the world cup were held now, I would say you wouldn't have much to worry about. At this moment, Italy plays much better football than the one presented by the Brazilian national team.

  7. #32
    Regular Member Salento's Avatar
    Join Date
    30-05-17
    Posts
    4,984

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 - SK1480
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H12a

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States



    Quote Originally Posted by Duarte View Post

    If the world cup were held now, I would say you wouldn't have much to worry about. At this moment, Italy plays much better football than the one presented by the Brazilian national team.

    Brazil is still force to reckon with, … I admire the Brazilian players.

  8. #33
    Regular Member Duarte's Avatar
    Join Date
    08-01-19
    Location
    Belo Horizonte
    Posts
    2,090

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-DF27-FGC35133

    Ethnic group
    Portuguese-Brazilian
    Country: Brazil



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Salento View Post
    Brazil is still force to reckon with, … I admire the Brazilian players.
    Young talents always appear playing in Brazilian clubs. It is really impressive the number of young athletes who every year emerge with a great potential. But to win the 2022 World Cup in Qatar, the Brazilian team will have to present much more than the bureaucratic and uninspired football that is being presented today with the current coach, Tite.

  9. #34
    Regular Member real expert's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-09-16
    Posts
    374


    Country: Germany



    3 members found this post helpful.
    I told you guys, bet on Italy to win the Euro 2020.

  10. #35
    Regular Member blevins13's Avatar
    Join Date
    14-10-16
    Location
    Tirana
    Age
    45
    Posts
    974

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-Z2103>BY611
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H7i1

    Ethnic group
    Albanian
    Country: Albania



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Image1626247724.308598.jpg

    Kiricocho. Probably this will be what will be remembered from Euro 2020.


    Sent from my iPhone using Eupedia Forum

  11. #36
    Advisor Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    19,431


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    2 members found this post helpful.
    Strategic and professional foul when and where it was needed, in an area where he'd get a yellow, not a red. Chiellini is a master.

    The memes and comments are hilarious; there are dozens of them. I guess you have to be plugged in to know that. My personal favorite: Come back here son; you haven't finished your homework, and WHAT? Pineapple on your pizza? :)

    All of Europe seemed to want Italy to win; the congratulations blew up social media. They were "THE" team of the Euros, and deserved the win. Even the English concede that.

    What will be remembered is a 34 game winning streak, the brilliance of Mancini, and no catenaccio in sight.:) Oh, what will be remembered is the arrogance of the English going in, and the appalling behavior of the English fans.


    Non si fa il proprio dovere perchè qualcuno ci dica grazie, lo si fa per principio, per se stessi, per la propria dignità. Oriana Fallaci

  12. #37
    Regular Member blevins13's Avatar
    Join Date
    14-10-16
    Location
    Tirana
    Age
    45
    Posts
    974

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-Z2103>BY611
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H7i1

    Ethnic group
    Albanian
    Country: Albania



    There is a record that no one can’t beat the Italians, T-Shirt pulling.

    Some people might get seriously offended.

    In 2006, same situation, different outcome.

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zn5f7m-rUlw


    Sent from my iPhone using Eupedia Forum

  13. #38
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    18-03-17
    Posts
    685


    Ethnic group
    swiss,italian
    Country: Germany



    Quote Originally Posted by blevins13 View Post
    Image1626247724.308598.jpg

    Kiricocho. Probably this will be what will be remembered from Euro 2020.


    Sent from my ****** using Eupedia Forum
    was rooting for the Italians and happy that they won. but that foul was so disgusting i would have given red. it's just that fouls that are so obviously intentionally done should be punished harder imo so that this isn't even a viable option. but then again i have never been a fan of football. the sport is way too rough, with players intentionally trying to "cheat" the whole time.

    i think i would not have had the guts to foul my opponent like this. it takes a little bit of a "cheater" character to do that. or maybe it's just the pressure to win for the country.

  14. #39
    Advisor Jovialis's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-05-17
    Posts
    5,721

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1b2a2a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b7

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States



    2 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ailchu View Post
    was rooting for the Italians and happy that they won. but that foul was so disgusting i would have given red. it's just that fouls that are so obviously intentionally done should be punished harder imo so that this isn't even a viable option. but then again i have never been a fan of football. the sport is way too rough, with players intentionally trying to "cheat" the whole time.

    i think i would not have had the guts to foul my opponent like this. it takes a little bit of a "cheater" character to do that. or maybe it's just the pressure to win for the country.
    I think Sterling should have been red carded for taking so many dives. It even cost Denmark the game, England didn't even deserve to be there.


  15. #40
    Advisor Jovialis's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-05-17
    Posts
    5,721

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1b2a2a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b7

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States



    Racist abuse of England players Marcus Rashford, Jadon Sancho & Bukayo Saka 'unforgivable'


    https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/57800431

  16. #41
    Advisor Jovialis's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-05-17
    Posts
    5,721

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1b2a2a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b7

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States



    1 members found this post helpful.
    I think what will be remembered most:



    Twitter Removes Over 1K Abusive Messages Toward English Soccer Stars After Euro Cup Loss

    https://www.newsweek.com/twitter-rem...p-loss-1608817


  17. #42
    Regular Member torzio's Avatar
    Join Date
    10-05-19
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,148

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 - SK1480
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H95a

    Ethnic group
    North Italian
    Country: Australia



    Quote Originally Posted by Ailchu View Post
    was rooting for the Italians and happy that they won. but that foul was so disgusting i would have given red. it's just that fouls that are so obviously intentionally done should be punished harder imo so that this isn't even a viable option. but then again i have never been a fan of football. the sport is way too rough, with players intentionally trying to "cheat" the whole time.

    i think i would not have had the guts to foul my opponent like this. it takes a little bit of a "cheater" character to do that. or maybe it's just the pressure to win for the country.

    The game will be better when they start with immediate sending off of players ..............if this happens, over time, the game will be better, ...if it does not happen it will never improve
    Fathers mtdna ...... T2b17
    Grandfather mtdna ... T1a1e
    Sons mtdna ...... K1a4p
    Mothers line ..... R1b-S8172
    Grandmother paternal side ... I1-CTS6397
    Wife paternal line ..... R1a-Z282

  18. #43
    Advisor Jovialis's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-05-17
    Posts
    5,721

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1b2a2a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b7

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States



    2 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by torzio View Post
    The game will be better when they start with immediate sending off of players ..............if this happens, over time, the game will be better, ...if it does not happen it will never improve
    And what about the diving on England's part, you support that?

  19. #44
    Advisor Jovialis's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-05-17
    Posts
    5,721

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1b2a2a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b7

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States



    1 members found this post helpful.

  20. #45
    Advisor Jovialis's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-05-17
    Posts
    5,721

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1b2a2a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b7

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States



    Imagine how those black players feel to play for people like this:



    https://www.newsweek.com/angry-engla...s-game-1608674

  21. #46
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    18-03-17
    Posts
    685


    Ethnic group
    swiss,italian
    Country: Germany



    Quote Originally Posted by Jovialis View Post
    I think Sterling should have been red carded for taking so many dives. It even cost Denmark the game, England didn't even deserve to be there.

    as i said there are too many players trying cheat. and isn't it interesting? in these cases people usually laugh at the players attempts and curse him if he succeeds. but in the case of Chiellini's FOUL i already read words like "brilliant" or "grandiose". how can a foul be grandiose?

  22. #47
    Advisor Jovialis's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-05-17
    Posts
    5,721

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1b2a2a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b7

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States



    Quote Originally Posted by Ailchu View Post
    as i said there are too many players trying cheat. and isn't it interesting? in these cases people usually laugh at the players attempts and curse him if he succeeds. but in the case of Chiellini's FOUL i already read words like "brilliant" or "grandiose". how can a foul be grandiose?
    At least there was no attempt to hide it, or be underhanded, as in taking a dive. Plus it was readily accepted by Chiellini.

  23. #48
    Regular Member torzio's Avatar
    Join Date
    10-05-19
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,148

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 - SK1480
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H95a

    Ethnic group
    North Italian
    Country: Australia



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jovialis View Post
    And what about the diving on England's part, you support that?

    and also send off diving , but after yellow card first

    send them off I say ............players are bigger and faster than 20 and 30 years ago..............maybe we do not need 11 a side anymore

    I played 6 years in 2nd division ( australia , amateur ) from 1974 and we had sending off then and plenty of them................the world game is too political now...............I basically stopped looking at club soccer ( european ) for the last 10 years even through my cousin who retired last year in serie B

  24. #49
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    18-03-17
    Posts
    685


    Ethnic group
    swiss,italian
    Country: Germany



    Quote Originally Posted by Jovialis View Post
    At least there was no attempt to hide it, or be underhanded, as in taking a dive. Plus it was readily accepted by Chiellini.
    true but that also makes it more cynical. perhaps football players should also train to pull someones shirt the Chiellini way.

  25. #50
    Advisor Jovialis's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-05-17
    Posts
    5,721

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1b2a2a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b7

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by torzio View Post
    and also send off diving , but after yellow card first

    send them off I say ............players are bigger and faster than 20 and 30 years ago..............maybe we do not need 11 a side anymore

    I played 6 years in 2nd division ( australia , amateur ) from 1974 and we had sending off then and plenty of them................the world game is too political now...............I basically stopped looking at club soccer ( european ) for the last 10 years even through my cousin who retired last year in serie B
    You think diving only deserves a yellow card? It is an intention to deceive the referee, which is more egregious, and impacts the game more. That's what it means to be a cheater. It was decisive in giving England their penalty shot that won the game against Denmark. A physical foul can happen by accident, and be done in the heat of the moment; unintentional. Had Chiellini pretended he did nothing, it would have probably earned him the red card. Instead, he acknowledged what he had done.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •