Would you support another country's team in football?

Would you support another country's team in football?

• I support my country above all others!

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • I may support another country if my country isn't playing

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • I may changed support to another country after my country has been eliminated

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • I support several countries

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • I generally support another country than my own

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • I don't support anyone/don't care

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
was rooting for the Italians and happy that they won. but that foul was so disgusting i would have given red. it's just that fouls that are so obviously intentionally done should be punished harder imo so that this isn't even a viable option. but then again i have never been a fan of football. the sport is way too rough, with players intentionally trying to "cheat" the whole time.

i think i would not have had the guts to foul my opponent like this. it takes a little bit of a "cheater" character to do that. or maybe it's just the pressure to win for the country.

The game will be better when they start with immediate sending off of players ..............if this happens, over time, the game will be better, ...if it does not happen it will never improve

The game will be better when they start with immediate sending off of players ..............if this happens, over time, the game will be better, ...if it does not happen it will never improve

And what about the diving on England's part, you support that?

Imagine how those black players feel to play for people like this:

8ol038u.jpg

https://www.newsweek.com/angry-engl...players-losing-euro-2020-cost-us-game-1608674

I think Sterling should have been red carded for taking so many dives. It even cost Denmark the game, England didn't even deserve to be there.

as i said there are too many players trying cheat. and isn't it interesting? in these cases people usually laugh at the players attempts and curse him if he succeeds. but in the case of Chiellini's FOUL i already read words like "brilliant" or "grandiose". how can a foul be grandiose?

as i said there are too many players trying cheat. and isn't it interesting? in these cases people usually laugh at the players attempts and curse him if he succeeds. but in the case of Chiellini's FOUL i already read words like "brilliant" or "grandiose". how can a foul be grandiose?

At least there was no attempt to hide it, or be underhanded, as in taking a dive. Plus it was readily accepted by Chiellini.

And what about the diving on England's part, you support that?

and also send off diving , but after yellow card first

send them off I say ............players are bigger and faster than 20 and 30 years ago..............maybe we do not need 11 a side anymore

I played 6 years in 2nd division ( australia , amateur ) from 1974 and we had sending off then and plenty of them................the world game is too political now...............I basically stopped looking at club soccer ( european ) for the last 10 years even through my cousin who retired last year in serie B

At least there was no attempt to hide it, or be underhanded, as in taking a dive. Plus it was readily accepted by Chiellini.

true but that also makes it more cynical. perhaps football players should also train to pull someones shirt the Chiellini way.

and also send off diving , but after yellow card first

send them off I say ............players are bigger and faster than 20 and 30 years ago..............maybe we do not need 11 a side anymore

I played 6 years in 2nd division ( australia , amateur ) from 1974 and we had sending off then and plenty of them................the world game is too political now...............I basically stopped looking at club soccer ( european ) for the last 10 years even through my cousin who retired last year in serie B

You think diving only deserves a yellow card? It is an intention to deceive the referee, which is more egregious, and impacts the game more. That's what it means to be a cheater. It was decisive in giving England their penalty shot that won the game against Denmark. A physical foul can happen by accident, and be done in the heat of the moment; unintentional. Had Chiellini pretended he did nothing, it would have probably earned him the red card. Instead, he acknowledged what he had done.

Italy masters both dark arts [emoji624],

Diving when required

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8XpHDY5P3z0

“Strategic “ defense which includes also eating garlic 🧄 to disgust opponent strikers.

Hail Italy new European Champions. The haters will hate and the lovers will love what they proudly offer, calcio aka anything “other than plain good soccer”

Image1626284154.801481.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Eupedia Forum

should be a choice to support only one team, through good and bad.

If the team folds......move on to another sport.

Never knew anyone who changed the team they supported, not in my circle of friends and acquaintances .......maybe it did not happen in my time...... my sons support only one team regardless of sport .

You think diving only deserves a yellow card? It is an intention to deceive the referee, which is more egregious, and impacts the game more. That's what it means to be a cheater. It was decisive in giving England their penalty shot that won the game against Denmark. A physical foul can happen by accident, and be done in the heat of the moment; unintentional. Had Chiellini pretended he did nothing, it would have probably earned him the red card. Instead, he acknowledged what he had done.

after watching that scene with Sterling i'm actually not really sure if that penalty was totally unjustified. the dane places his leg and touches him in a way that makes it impossible to keep running after the ball on the intended path. question is if it was worth a penalty. but i'm no expert. Sterling certainly did a lot of dives in the final game and he certainly let himself fall there too.

Chiellini certainly intentionally cheated with that foul. if it wasn't cheating he would not have received the yellow card.

after watching that scene with Sterling i'm actually not really sure if that penalty was unjustified. the dane places his leg and touches him in a way that makes it impossible to keep running after the ball on the intended path. but i'm no expert. Sterling certainly did a lot of dives in the final game and he certainly let himself fall there too.

Chiellini certainly intentionally cheated with that foul. if it wasn't cheating he would not have received the yellow card.

He committed an action which he was penalized for, that is not the same as cheating imo. I don't think there are many incidents of people getting a red card for pulling a shirt btw.

He committed an action which he was penalized for, that is not the same as cheating imo. I don't think there are many incidents of people getting a red card for pulling a shirt btw.

he intentionally committed an action that is normaly not allowed to get himself an advantage. that sounds like cheating to me. he cheated the game because he knew that the punishment was not going to be too bad and the benefit is going to outweight the possible worse outcome. otherwise you could say that every player has one "pull down" per game and only after that it's cheating.

he intentionally committed an action that is normaly not allowed to get himself an advantage. that sounds like cheating to me. he cheated the game because he knew that the punishment was not going to be too bad. otherwise you could say that every player has one "pull down" per game and only after that it's cheating cause then it's not in the rules anymore.

I am glad that you admit you don't know what you are talking about.

I am glad that you admit you don't know what you are talking about.

sry but if a player does not play according to the rules of the game because he knows that even if he gets punished, the benefit he gains will outweight the possible worse outcome without breaking the rules, how is that not cheating?

sry but if a player does not play according to the rules of the game because he knows that even if he gets punished, the benefit he gains will outweight the possible worse outcome without breaking the rules, how is that not cheating?

He was yellow carded, what more do you want? A red card is not normally given for that.

This thread has been viewed 30590 times.

Back