Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum

View Poll Results: Would you support another country's team in football?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • I support my country above all others!

4 23.53%
  • I may support another country if my country isn't playing

8 47.06%
  • I may changed support to another country after my country has been eliminated

5 29.41%
  • I support several countries

5 29.41%
  • I generally support another country than my own

2 11.76%
  • I don't support anyone/don't care

1 5.88%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Would you support another country's team in football?

1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by kingjohn View Post
    it is a huge thing
    he is at least 50% white genetically speaking ( african american themselfs are not 100% african at all)
    and he run 9.80 amazing
    Although, he is mixed, you can see his Italian side in his physiognomy a bit. Plus, his mannerism are typical Italian, too. People expected him to speak like a typical American. LOL. Some joked that his Italian mix made him win since the fully Afro- American sprinter was behind him and won the silver medal.

Ethnic group
    Italian

At least 50% white is the operative word, since African Americans are, on average, 20% white, so, probably 60% white or more. It shows. I agree with Real Expert, the Italian in him is front and center. Except for his color and some widening of his nose, he looks Italian to me, particularly through his eyes and forehead.

He's extremely attractive and charming, and seems like a nice person on top of it. I'm happy for him as well as for Italia.

Let's not forget Eurovision either, Real Expert, much as I usually dislike it, and the global charts. There are other things besides football.

It seems to be our year.

There, now I've jinxed us. :)

Non si fa il proprio dovere perchè qualcuno ci dica grazie, lo si fa per principio, per se stessi, per la propria dignità. Oriana Fallaci

Y-DNA haplogroup
    rare E-FGC7391
    MtDNA haplogroup
    h3ap

Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    At least 50% white is the operative word, since African Americans are, on average, 20% white, so, probably 60% white or more. It shows. I agree with Real Expert, the Italian in him is front and center. Except for his color and some widening of his nose, he looks Italian to me, particularly through his eyes and forehead.

He's extremely attractive and charming, and seems like a nice person on top of it. I'm happy for him as well as for Italia.

Let's not forget Eurovision either, Real Expert, much as I usually dislike it, and the global charts. There are other things besides football.

It seems to be our year.

agree
    in facial features yes i do see the italian in him
    infact i see his african american ancestery in his body type massive
    ancestery :
    mostly western jewish here is the overlapp with south europe
    phenotype
    :
    gracile- med

agree
    in facial features yes i do see the italian in him
    infact i see his african american ancestery in his body type massive

Some folks would call it racist. But matter of fact, without his West African body type he'd never have won the 100 meters sprint. However, Christophe Lemaitre is considered one of the fastest white men ever. He once run under 10 seconds, 9.79.

Christophe Lemaitre Wins Men's 100m European Final - YouTube

Y-DNA haplogroup
    rare E-FGC7391
    MtDNA haplogroup
    h3ap

Quote Originally Posted by real expert View Post
    Some folks would call it racist. But matter of fact, without his West African body type he'd never have won the 100 meters sprint. However, Christophe Lemaitre is considered one of the fastest white men ever. He once run under 10 seconds, 9.79.

Christophe Lemaitre Wins Men's 100m European Final - YouTube

realy
    it is amazing :)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post

It seems to be our year.

After the tough year with Corona in Italy, it seems that Fortuna is being kind to Italians. I didn't watch the Eurovision live. However, I've read that an Italian band has won the Eurovison and saw some excerpt of the Eurovision on YT. This Italian band is winning lots of fans all over Europe, now. I'm rather a fan of sports events than of song contests. Besides, Germany sent a goofy singer with and anti- bullying song "I don't feel hate", and became second to last after the UK. After the English sprinter was disqualified and Jacobs won for Italy, the English now say Italy's glory comes with the English shame.

realy
    it is amazing :)

Correction though, Lemaitre run the 100 meters in 9,92 and 9,98 and not 9,79 seconds. That said, he's still the ONLY white runner that can run under 10 seconds in the entire history of athletics. This makes him impressive. Unfortunately, Lemaitre had problems with many injuries. So he couldn't show his full potential on the long run.

Ethnic group
    Italian

After the tough year with Corona in Italy, it seems that Fortuna is being kind to Italians. I didn't watch the Eurovision live. However, I've read that an Italian band has won the Eurovison and saw some excerpt of the Eurovision on YT. This Italian band is winning lots of fans all over Europe, now. I'm rather a fan of sports events than of song contests. Besides, Germany sent a goofy singer with and anti- bullying song "I don't feel hate", and became second to last after the UK. After the English sprinter was disqualified and Jacobs won for Italy, the English now say Italy's glory comes with the English shame.
    Music is one of the most important things in my life, but honestly, so many Eurovision songs are so terrible, and while the Italian songs are always at least good imo, we're usually boxed out, so in recent years I've only watched the Italian entry and maybe a few of the finalists. In fact, I've sort of supported our just dropping out of Eurovision altogether, as we did before. There seemed no point when so many countries sent unknown, unprofessional, or just silly and goofy songs, and we sent high level songs and yet didn't win. I mean if Grande Amore and Soldi can't win, why go?

I'm obsessed with the band which won this year, and particularly the lead singer, and have been posting links to their music on the music thread. They've been number one and two globally on Spotify with their cover of the Four Seasons song Beggin.

They're charting really high all over Europe, particularly in Eastern Europe and the Balkans. I'm so glad; they're so young and so talented. They deserve it.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 - SK1480
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H12a

Ethnic group
    Italian

… today, Gold Cup Final at 9 pm (ET) USA vs Mexico

Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 - SK1480
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H12a

Ethnic group
    Italian

Quote Originally Posted by Salento View Post
    … today, Gold Cup Final at 9 pm (ET) USA vs Mexico
    🏆 USA … Top Soccer Power

North/Central America Champion

USA 1 - Mexico 0

Y-DNA haplogroup
    rare E-FGC7391
    MtDNA haplogroup
    h3ap

Correction though, Lemaitre run the 100 meters in 9,92 and 9,98 and not 9,79 seconds. That said, he's still the ONLY white runner that can run under 10 seconds in the entire history of athletics. This makes him impressive. Unfortunately, Lemaitre had problems with many injuries. So he couldn't show his full potential on the long run.
    Still very impressive for a white person
    To go below 10 seconds

Ethnic group
    swiss,italian

Quote Originally Posted by Jovialis View Post
    Based on your past posts, I think you are a racist middle easterner using a sock-puppet, employing far-left wing ideology to undermine and abuse Europeans.
    still waiting for an explanation Jovialis. i can also just throw out accusations too if you want. though i have a feeling it would probably just get me banned.

Ethnic group
    swiss,italian

Quote Originally Posted by Ailchu View Post
    still waiting for an explanation Jovialis. i can also just throw out accusations too if you want. though i have a feeling it would probably just get me banned.

that silence is very telling. a moderator should not make such accusations and then have nothing to back it up. i find the assumption that i must be arab arleady quite ridiculous and i wonder what makes you think that way? simply because i do not insist on the difference between europe and near east at every possible occasion and more on the similarity? and again how exactly am i abusing europeans? when i look back at my posts i can not see anything like that in fact i would question the motives behind calling it abusing europeans.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1b2a2a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b7

Ethnic group
    Italian

Quote Originally Posted by Ailchu View Post
    that silence is very telling. a moderator should not make such accusations and then have nothing to back it up. i find the assumption that i must be arab arleady quite ridiculous and i wonder what makes you think that way? simply because i do not insist on the difference between europe and near east at every possible occasion and more on the similarity? and again how exactly am i abusing europeans? when i look back at my posts i can not see anything like that in fact i would question the motives behind calling it abusing europeans.
    I just don't care to answer you, because it is pointless; and I don't have to answer you. Take a look at my post, it has 4 upvotes, so I guess I am not the only one (5 people in total including myself) that thinks your behavior is in line with that assumption. Now stop derailing this thread.

Oops,Italy beats England again.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456