Would you support another country's team in football?

Would you support another country's team in football?

• I support my country above all others!

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • I may support another country if my country isn't playing

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • I may changed support to another country after my country has been eliminated

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • I support several countries

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • I generally support another country than my own

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • I don't support anyone/don't care

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
5re3tcx.jpg

5V1EsF6.jpg

XEFRfsZ.jpg

v1tS8ww.jpg

H6tegyM.jpg

They remind me of the recent Baltimore race riots:

nknU8EQ.jpg

Getting back to the topic of the thread. Yes I would support another country, if Italy is out, or not playing. In the last world cup, I wanted Croatia to win, since they never won before. Also, because I don't want France to get another cup, challenging Italy's cup count. Also, no offense to my Brazilian, and German friends, but I will always go against them, in favor of their opposition, because I don't want them to have more cups than Italy, or more than they have already. Nothing personal, it is just about the numbers. That being said, Brazil and Germany do in fact have very excellent teams, and their fans have much to be proud of. The reason why 1994 was so important, is because Italy and Brazil were tied for who had the most world cups; that game decided who had the most ever in the world.

You're that Apricity troll Mortimer and if you are Albanian I'm a Dutch uncle.:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

I don’t really care who you are, and in addition I am not Mortimer. Is my word Sufficient or you need other proof? Would a photo without glasses will suffice?

Sent from my iPhone using Eupedia Forum

Getting back to the topic of the thread. Yes I would support another country, if Italy is out, or not playing. In the last world cup, I wanted Croatia to win, since they never won before. Also, because I don't want France to get another cup, challenging Italy's cup count. Also, no offense to my Brazilian, and German friends, but I will always go against them, in favor of their opposition, because I don't want them to have more cups than Italy, or more than they have already. Nothing personal, it is just about the numbers. That being said, Brazil and Germany do in fact have very excellent teams, and their fans have much to be proud of. The reason why 1994 was so important, is because Italy and Brazil were tied for who had the most world cups; that game decided who had the most ever in the world.

I would support a different team too (in case Albania is out) if they play good soccer.

As for the cup count
Rimet Trophy can’t be considered the same as FIFA World Cup.

Image1626819495.492059.jpg

I don’t really care who you are, and in addition I am not Mortimer. Is my word Sufficient or you need other proof? Would a photo without glasses will suffice?

Not sure what you mean by a Dutch uncle, but it seems that you might be after all, since I am Albanian.

Here you go…..Image1626853571.477250.jpg

Italians built London, I am appalled at the ingratitude!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Londinium

I am, in many ways, a bit of an Anglophile, no doubt the result of reading so much English literature and history and watching so much "Masterpiece Theater", even if often their personal relationships leave me baffled.

Many Englishmen are also great Italianophiles, sometimes knowing more about Italian art and architecture than the natives. Many of the greatest works of appreciation of Italy, of its art, architecture, and music have been written by Englishmen. Many also love Italy as a place to live, as was shown in the movie "Tea with Mussolini", which shows the life of the expatriates pre-the Second World War, and as can be seen in the fact that there are so many Englishmen living in Toscana that it is wittily sometimes called Chiantishire. The many gardens which they created, like the ones in Ravello, and Portofino, and at La Foce in Toscana, are among my favorites in the world.

What has to be remembered is that there is a huge class difference in England, and the differences between the upper class and highly educated English people and the working classes are profound. The working classes dominate among the men who travel to football matches and the people who go to places like Ibiza and even some places in Spain, and make themselves notorious. A different type of English people come to Toscana and the Cinque Terre.

So, I don't blame the whole English nation for the type of behavior on display at this Euro Cup or the sometimes even more notorious behavior when they go to matches on the continent. What I do blame them for is not providing security at the matches, and not arresting and punishing severely those responsible for what happened outside Wembley. It did indeed look like the inner city riots in the U.S.

What I have also been saying is that the tremendous support for Italy during the final, even by those countries which are often rivals of the Italian team or by people who might not like the "traditional" style of play in the past was partly because of the behavior of the English fans throughout the tournament against all their opponents, but also unforgotten incidents in the past, and, it has to be said, by a certain sense of superiority given off by the English as a whole. Arrogance before a big match is never an endearing or appreciated quality.

^^I'm an anglophile as well, from studying their history back in college. It was one of my favorite courses that I took. I don't blame the entire English nation, just their hooligans that attacked Italians after the final.

Britain used to have a huge empire, across many time zones.

The sun never set on the British Empire...because God wouldn't trust an Englishman in the dark.:LOL:

This is according to a witty 19th century American professor called John Duncan Spaeth.

They still do, but in a different way. It is called corporate world now, compared to colonial one before. At some point they realized that a paid employee is better than a slave and more civil afterwards, but the boss most of the time is an Englishman.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LP3U6UQ8DgE

i was in both countries back in the day
italians are nicer people
but england as a country is cool culturaly speaking:unsure:

They still do, but in a different way. It is called corporate world now, compared to colonial one before. At some point they realized that a paid employee is better than a slave and more civil afterwards, but the boss most of the time is an Englishman.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LP3U6UQ8DgE

Sent from my ****** using Eupedia Forum

I think you'll find that more and more companies are owned by Americans or Chinese or Indians, not Brits.:useless:

Of course I would support another country?s team when Spain isn?t playing. I am not very interested in soccer, but I enjoyed very much the playing between Spain and Italy, and of course I supported for Italy in the final against England. I like a lot when Portugal, Italy or Switzerland win, if Spain is not playing, and I like a lot always, everytime, when England fails. Other countries like Germany, Ireland, Belgium, France, etc... are indifferent for me, but I can support any of them against others when the way of their playing is good.

As the great Blas de Lezo 300 years ago said: "Every good spaniard should always piss looking at England".

I would support the team from another country if the team from my own country did not play, if it were eliminated or if a significant part of its players were not ethnically from my country (as is the case with the French or English teams).

^^woke people like yourself keep using the same annoying clichés, like "Systemic", and "Equity". You just regurgitate pseudo-intellectual jargon. Get yourself a thesaurus.

Also, please do not say you are an Italian, or half, or what ever you are pretending to be. If you actually are, you are a traitor, because every comment you make is against Italians.

This thread has been viewed 30582 times.

Back