Arabo-Persian Gulf Basin possible homeland of Basal Eurasians?

First of all, I wonder what they based his nose shape on... Have they the concerned autosomes with some accuteness?

Especially the crucial upper part should be based on bone material or bone reconstruction, if the nasal bridge was missing. You can see he game him a fairly high-broad-irregular upper nasal shape. That should be based on the remains themselves.

Especially the crucial upper part should be based on bone material or bone reconstruction, if the nasal bridge was missing. You can see he game him a fairly high-broad-irregular upper nasal shape. That should be based on the remains themselves.

Agree. And for flesh parts, they need the concerned genes (are they knowing them so precisely?):it concerns eyes form, fleshy part of nose and lips. Same for hair form.

Agree. And for flesh parts, they need the concerned genes (are they knowing them so precisely?):it concerns eyes form, fleshy part of nose and lips. Same for hair form.

You can say at least something about the lower fleshy parts based on the nasal bone, but of course, there will always remain a speculative element to it, considering how much individuality nose shapes can have. But it won't be completely wrong. Considering skin ***mentation and hair form, I guess they chose the most reasonable approach, because they are unlikely to have had curly or even frizzy hair or being too dark ***mented. But here again, a little bit up or down towards Europeans or SSA remains a speculative possibility, even if we would know some alleles they got, because their overall genetic architecture might be still different in comparison to more recent moderns.

You can say at least something about the lower fleshy parts based on the nasal bone, but of course, there will always remain a speculative element to it, considering how much individuality nose shapes can have. But it won't be completely wrong. Considering skin ***mentation and hair form, I guess they chose the most reasonable approach, because they are unlikely to have had curly or even frizzy hair or being too dark ***mented. But here again, a little bit up or down towards Europeans or SSA remains a speculative possibility, even if we would know some alleles they got, because their overall genetic architecture might be still different in comparison to more recent moderns.

I’ve read the supplementary data from the Iberomaurasian study. All seven Taforalt individuals lacked the genes for light skin, but they carried the genes for Europid straight hair. So, the Iberomaurasians were most likely dark skinned, albeit with straight hair.

I’ve read the supplementary data from the Iberomaurasian study. All seven Taforalt individuals lacked the genes for light skin, but they carried the genes for Europid straight hair. So, the Iberomaurasians were most likely dark skinned, albeit with straight hair.

"European" hairs run from staight hair to very wavy hair.

Were Upper Paleolithic Europeans not overall robust and heavily built folks? The Cro Magnons for example, had a strong and hardy robust build.The body was generally heavy,strong and muscular, thus they were much stronger than modern people.

Here is a reconstruction of an Iberomaurasian individual, and he has a broadly Western Eurasian morphology, and to me, he's not particularly robust nor archaic looking. So, how realistic do you think this reconstruction is?

142645986_456931105737230_2994808971682666203_n.jpg

intresting construction
we dont know what mechta -afalou y haplogroup was:unsure:
but the remains of iberomaurusian from morocco taforalt where e-m78
in the neolithic site of ifri n'Amr or moussa we see for the first time e-L19 the ancestor of e-m81 cases in
morocco region

p.s
it is more likely though that mechta afalou were e-m78 like the taforalt remains

In my literature I have found a large variety of height for different Palaeolithic individuals depending on the site of excavation.

The robustness of the skeleton is not always the same as muscle mass or effectiveness of muscles.
For example Neanderthals are always thought to be robust, but their genetics show a different picture, they don't have the SNPs for strongman, but sprinters.
In contrast neolithic LBK or FCB/TRB individuals display often a muscular and oxygen effective type of muscles in their SNPs but they where often described petite by literature based on their skeletons.
A Yamnaya individual in contrast showed more of the sprinter SNPs, not strongman.

We should also think about that there are more genetic factors then known SNPs for athletic performance.
Another explanation for robust skeletons without genetic evidence could be other childhood behaviours, dietary factors, intensive exercise/working.

I have analysed the samples of Iberomaurusians for phenotypic SNPs and the following can be said about them:

-A round face, not so much distance between nose and mouth
-Small forehead
-African/European Eyelids, not Asian
-More likely a hook nose, slim, not broad
-Small mouth, bigger underlip
-Probably hazel eyes
-Dark brown skin
-Probably dark curly or wavy hair (only one SNP I am using for prediction of this trait is present in the samples)

Not enough SNPs for predicting athletic performance completely. But it is probably more sprinter or middle type.

WHat are based the SNP's for sprinters or strongmen on? I doubt our knowledge is so advanced. Even if science is going on and surely filling the holes progressively. Maybe I 'm not informed enough? And runners can be classed in "sprinters" and "marathonians" too.
That said, I agree for distinction between skeletons and muscles, even if some correspondances can exist. And genetics is not only at play here, as you say, but way of life.

Hmm, it's a bit confusing to be honest, depending on what context they mean.

On Dzudzuana pre-print Basal Eurasian is rather closer to Crown Eurasian which a common parent component split from ANA.

I visualize Basal Eurasians to look rather smaller in stature and more petite, a precursor to Proto-Mediterranean race. While ANA was the opposite, Taforalt/Iberomarusian/Kiffian and Paleolithic Egyptian skeletons are extremely robust and tall. Average Taforalt male height 15k years ago was 178cm with some of them reaching 2m height.

This dude is in Egyptian museum, he is a Paleolithic Egyptian, i suppose his Y-DNA was either E-M35 or downstream E-M78 and he was atleast 70% ANA.

q99mA1m.jpg

Compare them with Iberomaurusians/Taforalt cranium.

JQocyJd.jpg

Kfv5NEB.jpg

Natufian crania full with Basal Eurasian looks different, more refined, petite.

For features, genetics kept apart, the "Egyptian" HG evocates a "super"-'Combe-Capelle' type, very close.
The 'taforalt' one seems closer to the classical 'cro-magnon'.
The 'natufian' seems a reduction of a version of 'croma', maybe a form we found later in neolithic Egyptians and in composition among Long-Barrows people. All that if I can rely on the labellings of these three pictues. Interesting ATW.

WHat are based the SNP's for sprinters or strongmen on? I doubt our knowledge is so advanced. Even if science is going on and surely filling the holes progressively. Maybe I 'm not informed enough? And runners can be classed in "sprinters" and "marathonians" too.
That said, I agree for distinction between skeletons and muscles, even if some correspondances can exist. And genetics is not only at play here, as you say, but way of life.

https://www.geneticlifehacks.com/actn3-your-muscle-type-gene/

I think the Actn3 gene is one that has been identified with Speed/Fast twitch muscles (2 copies), some speed and strength and some endurance (1 copy of each), maybe or perhaps best combination if you played sports? or non Speed (i.e. no fast twitch muscles), 2 copies of the Non Fast Switch alleles which is purely endurance related.

That is my reading of this article and interpretation, not sure mine is accurate but there is some research in this gene that identifies this Actn3 gene impacting Speed on the one hand and endurance on the other.

https://www.geneticlifehacks.com/actn3-your-muscle-type-gene/

I think the Actn3 gene is one that has been identified with Speed/Fast twitch muscles (2 copies), some speed and strength and some endurance (1 copy of each), maybe or perhaps best combination if you played sports? or non Speed (i.e. no fast twitch muscles), 2 copies of the Non Fast Switch alleles which is purely endurance related.

That is my reading of this article and interpretation, not sure I mine is accurate but there is some research in this gene that identifies a gene for Speed on the one hand and endurance on the other.

Thanks for info.

My favourites: rs1800795 rs1815739 rs1799722 rs2854464

I would be very thankfull
To see a natufian facial construction
Naturaly as some of those natufians were
e-z830
The grandfather of e-m34-m84 to which i belong... :)

P.s
Maybe they looked like horners to some extent:unsure:

I would be very thankfull
To see a natufian facial construction
Naturaly as some of those natufians were
e-z830
The grandfather of e-m34-m84 to which i belong... :)

P.s
Maybe they looked like horners to some extent:unsure:

I'd imagine Natufians looked somewhat similar to Ancient Egyptians.

Genetically, the ancient Egyptians had a tiny bit more Anatolian_N, and a small amount of CHG.

6B54Hsw.jpg

I agree with Jovialis, i would assume Ancient Egyptians depictions to be the last Natufian-like phenotypes we see.

For features, genetics kept apart, the "Egyptian" HG evocates a "super"-'Combe-Capelle' type, very close.
The 'taforalt' one seems closer to the classical 'cro-magnon'.
The 'natufian' seems a reduction of a version of 'croma', maybe a form we found later in neolithic Egyptians and in composition among Long-Barrows people. All that if I can rely on the labellings of these three pictues. Interesting ATW.

It must be due to convergent evolution, North Africa of Paleolithic/Mesolithic climate was like South Europe of today. Add also the more Eurasian autosomal DNA they acquired through female line ( U6a, though this is enigmatic to me).

I'd imagine Natufians looked somewhat similar to Ancient Egyptians.

Genetically, the ancient Egyptians had a tiny bit more Anatolian_N, and a small amount of CHG.

6B54Hsw.jpg

Sound logical :cool-v:

Having the same admixture or clustering with a population, does not automatically mean looking like this population.

Some strange examples are early Neolithic samples from Greece who resemble Hunters in their appearance or Globular Amphora samples who resembles also a more Hunter-like appearance, despite of their farmer-like admixture. This could be due to early admixture with HG populations.
For some neolithic samples the actual calculators show no HG admixture, others can find it.

I came out as northern German by most calculators, my Y haplogorup is I1, but my appearance does not resemble this:

Yamnaya(73%) LBK Alföld (73%)
Hittite(70%) Anatolia HG (70%) Iron Gates HG (70%)

My wife (Danish by calculators) fits much better:

VikingsRus (76%)
Maglemose(75%) GlobularAmphora (75%)

She has dark blonde, straight hair, long face, upturned nose,blue eyes and light but little darker skin, very dolicocephalic.
Me on the opposite: Brown wavy hair, broad face, hooked nose, hazel eyes, very light skin, brachycephalic.

Trait analysis for Natufians:

-Round face, not much distance between nose and mouth
-European/African Eyelids, not Asian
-Upturned nose like in many Africans, but slim
-Thin lips
-Light brown or hazel eyes
-Mid brown skin
-Curly or wavy dark hair

Perhaps similar to Somali/Ethiopian?
But almost half of all SNPs for trait prediction are missing.

Ancient Egyptian samples are rare, I am just converting some fastq to bam but the whole quality of Egyptian samples I could find is low, perhaps too low for analysis. Lets see in a few days.

This thread has been viewed 28945 times.

Back