classify this people ethnicity

SW Europe, maybe Iberian.

She would fit anywhere in Western Turkey, Greece, Southern Italy, Iberia. Have no idea about the man.

Portuguese.

which zone of Iberia?

Would you be able to distinguish someone according to the area of the Iberian Peninsula from which they come? I can't, and I'm Spanish.

Iberian Peninsula is very ethnically homogeneous, I cannot even distinguish a Portuguese from a Spanish if it is not for the language.

the first, the woman, as nothing especially 'iberic' -
no more the second, the man, but this last one's pic is very fuzzy.
Concerning Spanish and Portuguese people, they are very uneasy to tell one of an other at the individual level; for a group of say: 20 persons, I think I can tell, at least when some regions of Spain are in the game, because I think Spanish people at the phenotypic level are not so homogenous by regions, spite what autosomes say globally speaking ; but it's true for a lot of countries people.

They both look very Iberian to me, from maybe Galicia or the provinces to the east, i.e. Asturias, Cantabria, Leon.

To me, the lady looks Mediterranean Caucasoid (perhaps Greek) and the man a little Baskid (mainly because of the long and large nose!)

To me, the lady looks Mediterranean Caucasoid (perhaps Greek) and the man a little Baskid (mainly because of the long and large nose!)

I agree; that's why I picked northwestern provinces of Spain. That they're Iberians seemed very clear to me, and that seems the only place where the two types would be present. Also, the man, in particular, looks like someone I know was from that area.

This thread has been viewed 3568 times.

Back