Elite member
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Polish
Y-DNA haplogroup
R1b-L617
mtDNA haplogroup
W6a
I just got my AncestryDNA results today. They've assigned to me these two Genetic Communities:

- Czech Republic, Slovakia, Poland & Lithuania
- Pomerania

cace11E.png

RZ5LPQZ.png

For comparison my newer 23andMe:

o2gtIvW.png

And here my older 23andMe results:

jkMf1YL.png

And here also my 24Genetics results:

https://anthrogenica.com/showthread...tryDNA-results&p=786661&viewfull=1#post786661

(the test that I invented, I've been working for this company since 2017)

kJwbCBx.png

I just got my AncestryDNA results today. They've assigned to me these two Genetic Communities:

- Czech Republic, Slovakia, Poland & Lithuania
- Pomerania

cace11E.png

RZ5LPQZ.png

For comparison my newer 23andMe:

o2gtIvW.png

And here my older 23andMe results:

jkMf1YL.png

And here also my 24Genetics results:

https://anthrogenica.com/showthread...tryDNA-results&p=786661&viewfull=1#post786661

(the test that I invented, I've been working for this company since 2017)

kJwbCBx.png

do you think Ancestry is accurate or not ...................I am undecided since the last update ...............a year or so ago, they where very bad

mine is much better than before

Poles in a forum about the Axis? [emoji848][emoji849]

Inviato dal mio POT-LX1T utilizzando Tapatalk

Amazing, isn't it? If I were a Pole I would believe they were either ignorant of their own history or traitors after what the Germans did to Poland and the Poles, and considering what they had planned for them.

They turned on Italians, too. I've spent decades studying the atrocities committed by not only the SS but the Wehrmacht on Italian soil, which pales, it must be said, in comparison to what they did to the Poles, and I would no more be part of a site which defends them than I would spit on my mother.

I think your result just shows what I could observe in my matches, and myself, namely that AncestryDNA does even more smoothing than 23andme. I got a lot of matches which are Germanic : Slavic : Balkan and the rule is that AncestryDNA tends to give more to the dominant ancestry than 23andme. Like in some people with minor Czech ancestry, they have no Eastern European left at all. Similarly some people with Polish ancestry but some Silesian or Carpathian German one as well, get primarily Eastern Europe. More gets lost to the dominant one and this can be seen from one generation to the next. Like a half Czech person still gets their fair share of Eastern European, the quarter usually too, but with 1/8 or less, its not as sure. Same for German ancestry in Americans with British ancestry. Half German yes, the more distant, the less they get. Some just get a minor percentage of Norwegian as a last sign of German ancestry, even though its on paper 1/8 or 1/16 for example.

Same here for you, because I noticed another interesting thing: Slavs, even if they have only German Germanic ancestry, quite often get English and Scandinavian if the German part is low on AncestryDNA. I don't know what exactly causes this, but probably its because some of the Central European element is in the Central European Slavic ancestry as well, and what remains is only the very typical Germanic ancestry, akin to Anglo-Saxon and Scandinavian. There are e.g. Czechs with one quarter German ancestry which get way to much Scandinavian, and much to low German because of this effect.

Its the same with you. If I see English and Scandinavian but no German proper, my instant reaction is its rather Northern German related most likely and you can almost double the numbers: (4 + 3) x 2 = 14 = what 23andme gives you for Germanic!

Interestingly in some more Southern Central European and Celtic shifted regions like very South Western Germany or Hungary, its not Scandinavian and English like Poles, Czechs and Slovaks, but also more often Scottish and Welsh. Here too I suspect its because that's what left of a higher German ancestry compared to the local ancestral profile. A Hungarian with let's say 5 percent Welsh or Scottish and nothing else has more often than not recent German ancestry, just like Czechs and Poles with Scandinavian and English.
Because the older layers of Germanic ancestry being largely not recognised, its primarily more recent German ancestry.

23andme is overall more stable, their main problem is that their data base and sample references seem to be too small and because of that, their otherwise excellent segment assignment with smoothing does fail. If on a largely unknown chromosome with no typical ancestral profile from their reference data base just two minor segments are very typical for an ancestry, they give sometimes almost the whole chromosome to that ancestry. Like in my case a large portion of a big chromosome being given to Balkan, even though it can only be about much smaller segments and the rest is just not assignable from their limited data base.

Poles in a forum about the Axis? [emoji848][emoji849]

Can there be a discussion forum about the Axis without Allied users and Allied sections?

In order to have a discussion, usually you need at least two different points of view. ;)

And should Allied sections be moderated by German, Finnish, Italian etc. users? :)

This thread has been viewed 4373 times.

Back