To burn or not to burn: LBA/EIA Balkan case

Status
Not open for further replies.
they might have adopted the language from the E
but unfortuntley later there was some selection against E
because our number been reduced ....
we see it also in chl peki'in cave ( huge % of T in that case and only 1 E) :unsure:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peki'in

p.s
at least E (in the form of e-v13) was a big hit in the balkan ;)

there was only one line for all the T

Peqi'in Cave ( 6150 yBP - Late Chalcolithic )

I1155
Y-DNA: T1a1a1a-CTS2214 (xY15711,, Y21017, Y3782, Y9102, Z709)
mtDNA: K1a
Sample: Petrous
Coverage: 0.09
Other IDs: CHPK021 / S1155.E1.L1
Files: FASTQ / FASTQ&BAM (galaxy) / BAM

I1160
mtDNA: N1a1b
Coverage: 308
Other IDs: CHPKL101B-005, CHPKL101B-011 / S1160.E1.L1, S1161.E1.L1

I1165
mtDNA: HV1a’b’c’
Coverage: 0.95
Other IDs: CHPKL104-004 / S1165.E1.L1

I1166
mtDNA: H
Coverage: 0.981
Other IDs: CHPKL104-014, CHPKL104-026 / S1166.E1.L1 / S1167.E1.L1

I1170
mtDNA: T1a2
Coverage: 0.67
Other IDs: CHPKL105-030 / S1170.E1.L1

I1172
Coverage: 0.12
Other IDs: CHPKL108B-024 / S1172.E1.L1

I1178
mtDNA: I6
Coverage: 2.56
Other IDs: CHPKL109L-015 / S1178.E1.L1

I1180
mtDNA: T
Other IDs: CHPKL109M-028 / S1180.E1.L1

I1187
mtDNA: U6d
Other IDs: CHPKL301N-001 / Library S1187.E1.L1

Peqi'in Cave atDNA notes: Northern origin. They also carry the WHG G allele for Blue eyes at Rs12913832.

there was only one line for all the T
Peqi'in Cave ( 6150 yBP - Late Chalcolithic )
I1155
Other IDs: CHPK021 / S1155.E1.L1
I1160
mtDNA: N1a1b
Coverage: 308
Other IDs: CHPKL101B-005, CHPKL101B-011 / S1160.E1.L1, S1161.E1.L1
I1165
mtDNA: HV1a’b’c’
Coverage: 0.95
Other IDs: CHPKL104-004 / S1165.E1.L1
I1166
mtDNA: H
Coverage: 0.981
Other IDs: CHPKL104-014, CHPKL104-026 / S1166.E1.L1 / S1167.E1.L1
I1170
mtDNA: T1a2
Coverage: 0.67
Other IDs: CHPKL105-030 / S1170.E1.L1
I1172
Other IDs: CHPKL108B-024 / S1172.E1.L1
I1178
mtDNA: I6
Coverage: 2.56
Other IDs: CHPKL109L-015 / S1178.E1.L1
I1180
mtDNA: T
I1187
mtDNA: U6d
Other IDs: CHPKL301N-001 / Library S1187.E1.L1
Peqi'in Cave atDNA notes: Northern origin. They also carry the WHG G allele for Blue eyes at Rs12913832.

all Blue eyed and Northern origin , in later papers stated origin as ......Black sea Georgia area

I am a fan of Forged in Fire show, in one of the episodes the blacksmiths are given the job of smithing a romphaia sword, the iconic Thracian sword.

Beautiful art.

@Hawk

JQocyJd.jpg

it seems to me this skull is one of Hassi El Abiob, and not the Taforalt T1 one. I know it isn't not the focus of this thread.

Look at collection of skulls,please

Look at collection of skulls,please

I was busy and on mobile, i still don't get it, that French article says that Hassi El Abiob skulls show great similarity with Taforalt/Iberomaurusian.

It seems all of them were envolved in the same culture roughly said, but we see they were not so homogenous we could have thought.
ATW some possible mt DNA from Paleo-Meso times seem having crossed Mediterranea to AFN. That left aside, some local isolated groups may have developped peculiar phoenotypical traits. What they share is the hyperdevelopment of bones, common at their times.
I 'm afraid human beings were already diverse for some unselected traits and according to crossings or isolation in small groups could have showed more or less homogenous external aspects. Here, some are on the "capelloid" side, other more on the "croma" side, and others even different.

How i see the pattern with Paleolithic North Africans is that the more Eurasian admixture the more petite they became, this is the pattern following the Paleolithic Egyptian Hunter to Taforalt. They were likely exotic looking for us, but nevertheless it was noted long time ago that they had sort of specific look not resembling any modern race.

The southern groups probably contributed in the autosomal of modern SSA people.

Reutlingen Naue II sword along with a Romphaia, ancient Thrace.

cftLR5J.jpg

NWobKel.jpg

Thracians switched mostly to romphaia during classical times and kopis/machaira swords usually.

I just found out something interesting.

Draga Garasanin considered the whole Balkano-Carpathian complex like Mediana, Psenichevo, Paracin to have connections to Early Bronze Age Bubanj-Hum Culture. The northern part of Bubanj-Hum was a continuation of Late Neolithic Vinca-Turdas Culture while the southern part had a Bulgarian Neolithic origin. Bulgarian Neolithic was dominated by G2a.

I just found out something interesting.

Draga Garasanin considered the whole Balkano-Carpathian complex like Mediana, Psenichevo, Paracin to have connections to Early Bronze Age Bubanj-Hum Culture. The northern part of Bubanj-Hum was a continuation of Late Neolithic Vinca-Turdas Culture while the southern part had a Bulgarian Neolithic origin. Bulgarian Neolithic was dominated by G2a.

That's possible, they even had a ceramic tradition resembling later Channelled Ware.

That's possible, they even had a ceramic tradition resembling later Channelled Ware.

Ofcourse this would still fit Gava chronology, that would be the northern variants. Vinca-Turdas were one of the world's first metal-workers. But, this is just one of scenarios, deeper in time, especially Eneolithic to Early Bronze Age is very problematic to tackle down.

Ny?rs?g

Ofcourse this would still fit Gava chronology, that would be the northern variants. Vinca-Turdas were one of the world's first metal-workers. But, this is just one of scenarios, deeper in time, especially Eneolithic to Early Bronze Age is very problematic to tackle down.

I do now consider the option of a stronghold in Western Romania/Transylvania with a close connection to the WHG-rich population which also contributed to Slavs, but was strong (proven) in Mako, Encrusted Pottery and other populations of the Pannonian-Carpathian region. Interestingly, the Romanian Copper Age outlier (GB1) is from this context, presumably from the Broomstick (Besentrich) horizon of the region, related to Gornea-Orleşti and with close ties to Nagyrev, Hatvan, Mako, Glina and for the possible sincle E1b1b find from Pannonia very important, from Ny?rs?g too.
This is really the Tisza-Transylvanian connection, with a high concentration in and around the Apuseni mountains, which were extremely resource rich, and in which local populations did persist when Corded decorated pottery people came (merged into Cotofeni) and later Yamnaya in the lowlands. So this whole Carpathian region, extending much to the North and South, also into Wallachia, was inhabited by local people with very high WHG-rich ancestry which survived the steppe influences by first transforming into Cotofeni, then other local variants, like the ones mentioned.
This group with its obvious centre in Romania being by now almost not sampled at all, with the exception of some individuals here and there, some outliers, but nowhere males! I don't think they were all E-V13, but also e.g. I2a, R-Z2103 and J2a among other lineages, but this is a viable option for a stronghold for a so far severely undersampled people in the right place, with direct connections to the North Carpathians and the Danube at the same time, from early on. G?va developed from specific subgroups of this sphere, as did presumably Lusatians and the Tollense warriors belong to it too.
There is one big core for the Urnfield phenomenon, at least its Eastern portions, with varying degrees of this WHG-rich component and Epi-Corded steppe rich people mixing with more Neolithic shifted or Bell Beaker like people during their expansion. This is also related to issues like the spread of a millet based diet, or better millet fed pork. "A millet rich diet" was noted in the warriors from Tollense, and this spread from Pannonia-Carpathian area to the West-North West. Probably it got introduced by the Noua pastoralists from the steppe (Cimmerian/Iranian related), which first crashed and later fused with Wietenberg groups, which were related to this sphere too.

These were all fairly important groups and some of which became very influential in the Urnfield period, spreading the cremation rite wide and far, while having practised it themselves far longer, sometimes with interruptions caused by foreign dominant influences, but the religious rite seem never have been forgotten and came back. This fits very well into a scheme which influenced both Kyjatice-G?va, Lusatians and Tollense warriors at pretty much the same time from Eastern Pannonia as a centre.

Map-of-local-cultural-identities-in-the-Carpathian-macroregion-and-distribution-of.png

They were never fully replaced but only merged with Yamnaya and Corded Ware respectively. All sources go back to one region in particular, the Apuseni mountains:

The Apuseni Mountains of southwestern Transylvania (Romania) are home to the richest gold and copper deposits in Europe, key resources that fueled the development of social complexity during the Bronze Age (ca. 2700?800 B.C.E.).

In this study we focus our attention on the Apuseni
Mountains of southwestern Transylvania, Romania.
This region has the richest gold deposits in Europe
and the third-largest gold deposits globally
, making it
one of the most important mountainous mining
landscapes in the world. In addition to gold, southwestern
Transylvania has major deposits of copper,
silver, and salt. These resources make this area,
dubbed the ?Golden Quadrangle,? a nexus for human
resource exploitation from prehistory to the present
day
(Ciugudean 2012).

The Transylvanian Early Bronze Age lasted from approximately
2700 to 2000 B.C.E. (Ciugudean 1996;
Quinn et al. 2020a:Figure 7). During this period, the
local Livezile (2700?2500 B.C.E.), Șoimuș (2500?
2250 B.C.E.), and Iernut (2250?2000 B.C.E.) culture
groups occupied the eastern fringe of the Apuseni
Mountains (Figs. 1 and 2). These cultural groups
have been defined by archaeologists based on shared
material culture, socioeconomic systems, and mortuary
practices within each group. Livezile and
Șoimuș communities in particular are associated
with the construction of tumulus cemeteries2 in the
highlands of southwestern Transylvania. These
groups are sequential; Livezile emerged out of the
Coțofeni culture from the preceding Copper Age
(ca. 3500?2700 B.C.E.), and Șoimuș followed Livezile

In Transylvania, there is a geographical and
topographical split in landscape use between
local communities and Yamnaya newcomers;
Livezile and Șoimuș material culture is found in
the uplands and lowlands, while Yamnaya-style
earthen tumuli are primarily found in the lowlands

(Ciugudean 2011).

The Yamnaya earthen tumuli were different from the stone covered upland ones, which show the persistence of Cotofeni/Copper Age people:
The stone-covered mounds of the uplands thus
present a contrast to the larger Yamnaya-type earthen
tumuli of the lowlands. While stone-covered tumuli
are restricted to higher mountain ridges, earthen tumuli
show a circumscribed distribution within the
Transylvanian Plateau, the Mureș River Valley, and
the lower hills (Ciugudean 1995). Both tumulus construction
and mortuary treatment are distinct from
the upland tumuli. In the lowlands, a central pit is
dug into the soil, and then covered with a ?layer of
strongly beaten earth? (Ciugudean 1995:30). In such
tumuli, bodies were sometimes deposited within interior
wooden funerary chambers. Rather than the
flexed burials characteristic of the uplands, individuals
in the lowlands were typically placed on their
backs with both arms and legs lightly flexed, a positioning
that has been termed ?frog-style.?

https://www.researchgate.net/public...andscapes_in_Transylvania's_Golden_Quadrangle

I finally found the paper:

We investigated the interactions between hunter-gatherers and Neolithic farmers in the Lower Danube basin in Romania by recovering the genomes of four prehistoric individuals: a Mesolithic hunter-gatherer from Ostrovul Corbului (OC1_Meso) dated at 8.7 thousand years ago (kya), two Mesolithic hunter-gatherers from Schela Cladovei (SC1_Meso and SC2_Meso) dated at around 8.8 kya, and an Eneolithic (the period between the Neolithic and the Bronze Age) individual dated at 5.3 kya from Gura Baciului (GB1_Eneo), located north-northeast of the Iron Gates on a terrace of the Suceag creek (Figure 1A and STAR Methods, Method Details).

Based on the presence of the ancestral forms of both SLC45A2 (rs1426654) and SLC24A5 (rs16891982), two genes that were found to have gone through strong positive selection for skin depigmentation in the ancestors of modern Europeans, the three Romanian Mesolithic individuals were predicted to have had dark skin pigmentation. The Eneolithic individual most likely had a lighter skin tone, as it was homozygous for the derived version of SLC45A2 and heterozygous for the derived version of SLC24A5.

The HG component was there in the Eneolithic, but it was not from the region originally!

The Romanian Eneolithic individual, on the other hand, once again showed a mix of affinities. Based on outgroup f3, the genomes that shared the most drift with this Eneolithic sample are WHGs, in line with the large amount of that ancestry detected in ADMIXTURE. However, its affinity to Neolithic samples is also relatively high compared to the Romanian Mesolithic samples (Data S2). This conclusion is supported by D statistics of the form D(GB1_Eneo, Romanian HG, Anatolian Neolithic, Mbuti), which indicate some Near Eastern ancestry (Table 2). Our three Romanian hunter-gatherer samples are not direct representatives of the hunter-gatherer component in GB1_Eneo (Table 2); however, this might be due simply to the geographic distance between the sites, especially given the observed heterogeneity among Spanish Mesolithic hunter-gatherers.

Too bad they had not more of her kind and no males. That's yet another good candidate for E-V13 ancestors.

The genetic analysis of the Eneolithic individual from Gura Baciului provides support for a scenario of complex interactions between hunter-gatherers and farmers in the Lower Danube Basin. At this stage, we cannot discern at what point during or after the Neolithic transition the observed hunter-farmer admixture occurred.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5483232/

I also have now more confidence that E-V13 might have indeed survived in the same context. We definitely need more Romanian samples for both these quests (WHG-rich population and E-V13). This means in any case all typical WHG-rich individuals of importance and early date found so far are from the Carpathian mountains refuge and rich deposit areas, especially from around the Apuseni mountains. Absolutely no coincidence, that's striking.

Unfortunately the information provided on the burial is very sparse and it gives no cultural context, even though they mention pottery finds:
The individual from Gura Baciului included in this study (laboratory ID: GB1_Eneo) comes from grave no. 1 (archaeological ID: M1).
This grave was a chance find when the section of an older trench collapsed. Discovered in 1962 near a pit-house, it is a primary inhumation
of a single individual (GB1_Eneo) in anatomical connection, deposited in the crouched position on the left side, with ESE?
WNW orientation (head to east). The reported grave goods comprise ten flint flakes in the feet area and a bone awl and two ochre
fragments in the cheek and hip areas. Eighty-three fragments of animal bones (of Bos taurus, Ovis aries/Capra hircus, Cervus elaphus,
Bos primigenius), mollusca, broken stones and numerous ceramic fragments supposedly formed a ??bed?? underneath the body
[55?58]. Among this material were three ??loose?? human bones of an 11?13 year old child [56]. The skeleton from grave no. 1 is
that of an adult female, around 155 cm tall [50, 56]. The AMS 14C date of 4,621 ? 28 yBP (5,456?5,299 cal BP, MAMS-28614, this
study) (Table S1) places this burial in the Eneolithic period, and is further evidence of the post-abandonment use of the Starcevo
culture settlement as a formal burial area. The d15N value of +12.7& implies the individual had a high trophic level diet that may
have included significant amounts of fish, which in turn would likely result in a 14C age that is older than the archaeological context
(i.e., that includes a reservoir offset). Thus, the 14C date should be regarded as a maximum age for this individual. The Eneolithic
period date for burial no. 1 is not entirely surprising, since in early survey work in the Gura Baciului locality (prior to 1942 ? items
from a private collection donated to the museum in 1942), traces of Eneolithic and EBA activity were recorded [52].

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5483232/

She was brachycranic and there are similarities to Hungarian finds - another find from this context yielded one of the first cremation burials in Romania (Google translate):

Anthropological analysis:Human osteological materials (16 individuals), for the most part, fall into the evolved and slender Mediterranean type, to which is added the robust Mediterranean type. A thorough anthropological analysis was performed on the skeleton discovered in M1 by Olga Necrasov in 1964. Biometric data (dimensions and indices) of the skull skeleton and analysis of long bones and muscle insertions led to a clear typological diagnosis. The type to which it belongs is an alpinoid one with moderate brachial cranial elements and dolico-meso-cranial elements, with a slender stature, which performed heavy manual labor during its life. Although there are not enough elements to interpret the data related to the origin of the individual, The author of the analysis mentions that the research of Hungarian anthropologists has already highlighted the existence of the brachicran element in the K?r?s (Criș) culture in Hungary. Human osteological remains have also been identified in the "carpet" of bone fragments and shells. These are 3 fragments that all belonged to an 11-13 year old child. Their condition and small size led the anthropologist to consider them as household waste ("kitchen waste") without being able to draw any firm conclusions about possible traces of anthropophagy. The 1990 study by Olga Necrasov and her collaborators observed the best correlations between serial metric data from M2 (Gura Baciului) and similar ones from M6 (Trestiana), M24 (Ostrovul Corbului). In the same study, the bone parts from M6, as a result of the restoration operations, they helped to calculate the waist, obtained by the average of the 3 stairs (Manouvrier, Trotter-Gleser, Bach-Breitinger), which was 157 cm (upper middle female waist). The study concluded that, from a typological point of view, this skeleton has a predominantly Mediterranean background, with protoeuropoid characters and some nordoid characters (at the level of the mandible) integrating in the typological picture of the early Neolithic populations in Romania.

K?r?s remains were already sampled, didn't checked them in detail, but at least a cultural connection and gene flow makes sense for the earlier period of the region:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Körös_culture

Analogies:The deposition of the supply vessel at the head, in M6 (Gura Baciului) presents analogies with M4 (Cluj-Str. 30 Decembrie) and with M6 (Trestiana) where the neck of the dead man rested on the bottom of a supply vessel. The analogy proves that we are facing a well-known ritual elsewhere. Covering or laying the skeletons on the carpet or under the carpet of fragments, shards, bones or stones (M1 and M6) is also a widespread custom in the area of ​​this culture: Gornea, Valea Lupului, Leț, Trestiana but also in other related cultures. The closest analogies for the stone heads that mark the tombs at Gura Baciului, overlapping the bones and sometimes the skull, are in Lepenski Vir and Einan. From an anthropological point of view, it is important to note the analogy mentioned by O. Necrasov (1965) for M1 with brachycranean skeletons discovered at H?dmez?v?s?rhely - Bodz?spart, Hungary. Considered so far as the oldest cremation grave in Romania, in terms of the type of ritual, M7 has analogies with 2 other cases from Suplacul de Barcău. In both cases, only the deposit of the remains is archeologically attested, and in the absence of traces of burning, it is presumed that the actual incineration took place elsewhere.

http://diam.uab.ro/homines/guest_free.php?fx=vizualizare_fisa&id=5

Particularly important is that they mention the site of Gornea for M1. In a later period, Gornea-Orleşti relates to the broomstick/Besenstrich ceramic which form an own horizon in the region:
Distribution: Banat, Oltenia (Gornea-Orleşti), Western Transylvania (Iernut), Eastern Transylvania (Zoltan), Muntenia (Tei, Bungetu Stage)

Related formations:
Because of the vessel ornamentation, the broomstick groups are primarily compared with the Early Bronze Age cultures of eastern Hungary, Nagyr?v, Ny?rs?g and, primarily, Hatvan.

http://www.donau-archaeologie.de/doku.php/kulturen/bronztimpuriu/besenstrichhorizont

Now I'm even more confident, this is the context which led to Mako and Ny?rs?g! I guess E-V13 (together with other lineages, like I2a of course) will really be found close by at that time and it indeed might be connected to the WHG-rich population element in the Bronze Age. These are too many coincidences to be neglected.

Most of these groups were at the end of the period primarily transhumant pastoralists by the way, of some there are not that many concentrated remains, but still enough to be sure they were present and numerous, like some groups from Livezile and Ny?rs?g.

A problem with the find GB1/M1 is that its from a site with a long chronology and sometimes I get confused whether some older authors even dated it right, because things jump between Neolithic and Copper Age associations. But in any case, from a geographical and genetic point of view, this sample is really interesting and important, because it represents in a more extreme/pure form what later appears throughout the region and beyond, this WHG-rich ancestry.

Last edited:
Alexandra Papazovska, Early Iron Age Settlements in Macedonia and Their Relationship to Cemeteries. From the printed version of:
https://www.academia.edu/43626649/S...Heilmann_Aleksandar_Kapuran_and_Marek_Verčík_

About the invasion of the Channelled Ware people in the area of (North) Macedonia (p. 142 ff.):
From the end of the 12th to first half of the 11th century BCE, the territory along the Vardar River Valley might have been under frequent attacks and exposed to movements of populations from north to south, who brought new elements from the northern and central Balkans, which were especially visible in the material culture (including channelled pottery, fibulae and weapons such as swords of the Erbenheim and Nenzingen type as well as axes). These movements at the end of the Bronze Age hindered and influenced the development of communities in this part of the Balkans, which suggested by the discovery of burnt layers in settlements along the Vardar River Valley (for example, at Stolot near Ulanci, Manastir near Caska, Veles, Vardarski Rid, and Kastanas). Some settlements were destroyed completely, while others changed their location to a safer position, as is the case of the settlement at Vardarski Rid by Gevgelija, which was moved to a neighbouring hill of Kofilak (Fig. 2).
The most illustrative example of these occurrences was identified on the site Manastir near the village of Caska, Veles, where the discovered material (including monochrome pottery, bronze and bone tools, spindle whorls, hand mills, and jewellery) illustrated local character, cultural and economic power of the settlement until its destruction. The nature of the destruction layers in which these objects were discovered suggests the settlement suffered from a severe fire. A couple of bronze axes, spearheads, and arrowheads simply links to the northern Balkans (Fig. 3), and if the context of discovery is taken into account, it is feasible that they might have belonged to those who destroyed settlement. These types of weapons were unknown to this territory in the previous period and hence they seem to be unique. Thanks ot the relatively simple stratigraphy of the settlement and the clear original context of the finds, it is evident that the settlement suffered in a heavy fire and was never rebuilt again. Burnt layers dating to the Late Bronze Age were also discovered at settlements in the Lower Vardar Valley (such as at Kastanas, Vardino Vardaroftsa), wher ea number of "influences" from the northern and central Balkans are visible in the portable finds.

Things to note:
- The Channelled Ware people moved south along the river valleys and burnt a large fraction of the local peoples settlements down along their way.
- The local peope did not disappear completely, but they retreated to upland fortified and hidden settlements.
- The Channelled Ware people did not leave, but primarily settled in the lowlands

If we reveiw known settlements and cemeteries in the region, two types of both settlements and cemeteries can be distinguished. The flat cemeteries with inhumation burials are found around settlement positioned on high and dominant hills, while the cemeteries with cremations are usually associated with unfortified settlements positioned on lower terraces.

The situation was really similar to some later Germanic and Slavic settlements in the Alpine and Carpathian zone. The end result was most likely a merged-fused population at some point, with one side keeping the upper hand on the long run.

Something to add...

Neolithic and Eneolithic bird making legacy
The making of bird-shaped and ornamented ceramic objects in Europe has a long historygoing back to the Late Neolithic/Eneolithic cultures of southeast Europe. It is not the aim ofthis paper to chart the detailed history of prehistoric bird representations, but it is important tostress that the Bronze Age interest in making birds out of clay was not a new thing andneither was the appreciation of waterfowl. At Neolithic
Vinča
, Serbia (
c
.5300 -
c
.4500 BC)the vessels shaped as water birds were part of the remarkable figural ceramic opus dominated

by anthropomorphic figurines, some of which are interpreted as human-bird hybrids(Gimbutas 1974;
Nikolić and Vuković 2009
). Simpler zoomorphic and ornithomorphicfigurines were also made at this time, such as at the
Vinča
culture settlement at Potporanj

Kremenjak
near Vršac
, Serbia
(Joanović 2002).
Similarly, both crude and finely executed bird-shaped objects can be found to the east

among the sites of the

Gumelni
ţa
- Karanovo VIculture (
c

c
.3800 BC) (Dumitrescu 1972). In addition to the figurines and the bird-shaped vessels here we find some of the first ornithomorphic, but also other zoomorphic,rattles (Hansen et al. 2005, 2006; Constantin et al. 2010), as well as
askoï
which are similar tocontemporary Aegean and Anatolian forms (
Milojčić 1950
; Misch 1992). Water and marsh birds were the most frequent choices among the birds represented in the ceramic craft of theCucuteni-Trypillya communities (c.5050

c.3500 BC), which occupied the vast space to theeast of the Carpathian Mountains. Here too, we find bird-shaped rattles, vessels with bird- protomes,
askoï
and figurines (Bejanaru and Monah 2013).

https://www.academia.edu/16158357/C...nd_the_Carpathian_Basin?email_work_card=title

Status
Not open for further replies.

This thread has been viewed 229916 times.

Back